What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Once Dead

Bench
It's on at a better time imo.

True, although it doesn't get the benefit of another replay during the week. Which sucks.

Though it's great news, you'll naturally get a spike of interest in the first few weeks.......you never know, people may just like what they're seeing.....when you look at it, it is very different to what the WWE produces visually....the wrestling is also a lot more risk oriented and the females, while easy on the eye for the most part are also very talented workers.

Let's see how it goes. The promotion / ads seem to be working.

Big Pete

Referee
Don't forget also it's only one show.

The WWE have 5 shows airing on Fox 8 offering a ton of saturation on one product.

With that being said I'm glad for TNA. Any small victory they can have over the WWE can only be good for Professional Wrestling IMO.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If the trend continues, hopefully we'll see TNA downunder in the not too distant future. And, like WCW, hopefully they don't insult Australian fans by refusing to tape a show here. I know house shows are entertaining, but I refuse to pay to see a WWE event anywhere when all of the results are foregone conclusions and nothing of consequence happens.

Bring TNA down here, tape an episode or two of Impact, and give Aussie fans a reason to think the company gives a sh*t about their hard earned money.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Compared to 3.30pm on a weekday - of course 10.30pm on a Saturday is a better time. Sure, there's the chance you may be out: but that's substantially less than the chance you'll be at school/work.

Raw/Smackdown/ECW are helped by weekend replays and Fox 8+2, but as far as first run times go - late is better than during working hours.

Once Dead

Bench
If the trend continues, hopefully we'll see TNA downunder in the not too distant future. And, like WCW, hopefully they don't insult Australian fans by refusing to tape a show here. I know house shows are entertaining, but I refuse to pay to see a WWE event anywhere when all of the results are foregone conclusions and nothing of consequence happens.

Bring TNA down here, tape an episode or two of Impact, and give Aussie fans a reason to think the company gives a sh*t about their hard earned money.

Only last night I stumbled across an Aussie interview with Jarrett when TNA was back on Main Event......it got me thinking.....when will TNA branch out to Australia? They've sold out three or four shows in their upcoming UK tour which has been achieved off the back of Bravo or the TWC showing Impact! and PPVs for a year or two now.

Unfortunately, Impact! has only been on our screens for a few weeks......so I'm assuming that we've also got another year or two before TNA tries to make their way over here....considering they're yet to have widespread mainstream visibility and it may be pretty hard on the wallet to do shows in Australia.

PARANoIR

Bench
really u think? most people i know complain about the time they say there always out at that time of night i doubt they will change there mind just to watch wrestling:sarcasm:

I do, yes. The last thing I want to do when I get home from work is watch Wrestling.

Saturday at 10 is good, because I'm either just getting home from the day or if I'm out some where I can get on the piss and watch it, and it's fun because TNA generally has a few high flying entertaining matches.

Once Dead

Bench
It is almost very much like the old WCW Monday Nitro timeslot on TNT back in the day......that show used to hit the screen at about 11pm.......it was a nightmare for my dad back then ahahhahahahah

Big Pete

Referee
It is almost very much like the old WCW Monday Nitro timeslot on TNT back in the day......that show used to hit the screen at about 11pm.......it was a nightmare for my dad back then ahahhahahahah

It sure does aye! I even made my Old Man buy me some CC's - our source of nurishment for good ol Monday Night Nitro.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Saturday at 10 is good, because I'm either just getting home from the day or if I'm out some where I can get on the piss and watch it, and it's fun because TNA generally has a few high flying entertaining matches.

It's rare that I'm out before midnight anyway. Cheaper to piss up at a mate's place with a bunch of people and then stumble into town half tanked :p

Tommy Smith

Referee
Ive watched 15 minutes of TNA so far and it's been ultra corny.

"Please tell everyone you're Eric Young." "No, Im Super Eric, King of Zion, son of blah blah"

What a shambles.

Hurry up and put the great Kurt Angle on.

"Please tell everyone you're Eric Young." "No, Im Super Eric, King of Zion, son of blah blah"

What a shambles.

lol i thought that was funny

i thought tonights show has been great lots off decent matches and build up for next weejk which is set to be even better

Misanthrope

Staff member
f**k Super Eric.

f**k Vince Russo's random, gimmick laden matches.

f**k this stupid tag tournament

f**k the cheap ass MITB ripoff

TNA is so much better than the sh*t Russo has them put out

Once Dead

Bench

What a shambles.

He's corny but he can wrestle........however, we can't say the same for Hornswoggle.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Can't stand all the crappy gimmicks that has RUsso's mark all over them.

Jay Lethal - I can live with this one because Lethal is just so damn good and plays the character perfectly.

Shark Boy - This is embarrassing, which is saying something considering he's named Shark Boy.

Curry Man - What a waste of a talent.

Super Eric - Don't mind it too much even if it is very corny. I am interested to see where the Eric and Styles partnership goes. I'd like to think it results in AJ turning face and climbing back up the singles ladder to where he should be on top with Joe, Daniels, and even Lethal.

Scott Steiner - What was that interview on saturday night about? I'd say after that there's a thirty-third and a third chance of him being let near a microphone without adult supervision.

Having said that I think Williams looks great as the Maple Leaf Muscle. I'd prefer him to do his own thing, but it's still better than what he was doing which was pretty much nothing.

Nash - Get off my TV.

Booker - Is he going heel? I'd love that. Joe V Booker. Booker's already shown he's willing to give younger stars a rub so I think Booker would really go all out to put Joe over if they were to feud.

the tag team build up is awesome its like any team can win it
tonights show was awesome fanastic matches great interviews ,awesome backstage segments best show in a while

Ari Gold

Bench
I enjoyed Sting vs James Storm and the women's match, that's the sh*t i watch TNA for.

Deadset, some of the TNA knockouts would outwrestle some WWE superstars.