What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TNA Impact Thread **Spoilers**

Ari Gold said:
You got it all wrong Ridders.... and that's the fishing line cause shark boy said so.

Oh and what about "If you guys think (insert phrase) then give me a shell yeah!"

Seems a lot like Santino :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
why is everyone jacking off over it then?

Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Curry Man/Christopher Daniels, Kaz, Rhino, James Storm, Robert Roode, and Jay Lethal - to name a few

Misanthrope said:
Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Christian Cage, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Curry Man/Christopher Daniels, Kaz, Rhino, James Storm, Robert Roode, and Jay Lethal - to name a few

or for the old wcw fans Steiner,Booker t ,Kevin Nash and Sting ;-)

No doubt they have a talented roster. The booking is just atrocious. If I were booker, lol, Joe would be my champ, and would be a MONSTER champ, destroying everyone. Daniels would be up there, AJ would too. Christian would be an upper mid carder, fueding with rising talent, Steiner would be gone, the Dudleys would still be there (I still like these guys alot - and can work a ring OUTSIDE of the hardcore gimmicks), LAX would be tag champs, AMW would be back together, Rhino would be up there, VKM would be dead, Karen Angle - dead, Nash - dead, JB - dead, Id bring in Necro Butcher, Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black as Age of The Fall with a different name, Bobby Lashley would be brought in as a WRESTLER not a jacked up black version of Brock Lesner. Hell, I could do a better job than they are at the moment.

Misanthrope

Staff member
AMW would be back together

You realise Chris Harris is signed with the WWE?

I do agree with most of what you say, except for the fact I think Nash has his place as a manager or backstage personality. He has tremendous charisma. Ditto keeping Steiner around, but in the role you have Cage in.

I still think Cage should be always near the top. He's the complete package where Joe isn't.

LOL@CWB, yeah man I know. If it was up to me, I wouldnt have let him go in the first place.

And you dont need guys like Steiner and Nash to put guys over. They are 10 years past it, and have little to no value in putting anyone over. Especially with the more athletic wrestlers who youd EXPECT to go over for realism's sake.

Misanthrope

Staff member
And you dont need guys like Steiner and Nash to put guys over. They are 10 years past it, and have little to no value in putting anyone over. Especially with the more athletic wrestlers who youd EXPECT to go over for realism's sake.

I never said to keep Nash around to put guys over. But you're wearing blinders if you can't see his value as a mouthpiece. He's arguably the best talker in TNA because he doesn't need to be in a feud to bring the goods. He has a great subtlety.

As for Steiner, while he might be past it, he still brings it in the ring for a decent match. People still remember him, and his build makes him look like a bad ass. Somebody beating him or Booker is a good way to cement their credibility.

Who would you use to put people over without guys like him? There's not much of an upper midcard in TNA right now.

I was talking to the guy above me with regards to those guys putting younger talent over and its effectiveness. i do think nash is a good talker, but I dont think TNA need him. They are the "alternative". They dont need Diesel to be effective. Trust me.

As for Steiner, I do liek the guy, always have. But I dont think he can put over the STYLE of wrestling TNA likes to promote. TNA is the "alternative". They like to market themselves as high risk, fast paced, un-WWE like. Steiner does not fit the build of the company. Its that simple.

I dont think TNA needs to job out older guys to get talent over. Why cant we have more X-Division matches where guys get themselves over? Why cant we have Motor City Machien Gunns v LAX in an Ultimate X match which would get both teams over? Why cant Lethal take on Daniels in a fued? Why did the BOTCH Kaz's push? He beat Christian in a freakin ladder match (his specialty), was left off the next ppv, and then fought Black freaking Reign at the next ppv? What the hell? Kaz is OVER. Kaz should be fighting Christian again, should be fighting AJ, Rhino, Tomko etc. Not Black Reign and REDRUM.

Awesome matches/fueds get guys over a sh*t load more than Steiner waddling aroudn the ring, suplexing a couple times, botching a promo, and then losing. Tell me something. Do you think that other than TV time, Petey Williams is going to benefit from this push? We already know who Petey is. We know he's a phenomenal talent with an AWESOME finisher. He doesnt need Steiner. He should be fighting top X guys.

Quint

Juniors
Ahhh TNA on my TV again
THe planets have truly alligned......
Noth'n like a bit of Comp for WWE. seeing that they have just pushed thier PR Arm in Australia....
Bring it on!!!!!!!!!

slaytera

Juniors
Well I'm back. I haven't been on here in like 6 months and look whats happens. I can't wait to see TNA on an actual TV screen not some 150mb wmv.

Joe v Tomko for TNA Championship at BFG 08.

what did u guys think ofthis weeks tna ?????

i thought it was great kinda like wwf was in 98-99
eric young new gimmick is great and its so over too same with shark boy

also thought the matches were good esp the 8 man with lots of spots and good tag work

also nice russo booking at the end there withthe serve lol

after watching that i think i may even order the ppv

Big Pete

Referee
I found it to be a mixed show.

Personally I felt like the show had a certain stigma attatched to it which gave me the impression I was certainly watching the B-Show. Now I know TNA can't compete in terms of production values however they've got to try and establish themselves as a known entity rather than generic B-Show, develop their own brand of wrestling if you will. (Yes I stole that idea from a Paul Heyman interview :p)

Apart from those negative thoughts I found myself digging it. Despite the rushed feel and awkward pacing most of the matches seemed fairly enjoyable and quite different to the WWE which IMO is good and allows for the TNA to brand itself there.

The Cornette/Morgan skits were fairly decent as well I thought. Cornette can work a mic. extremely well and Morgan actually has some personality!

Now THAT is a Spear! Rhyno has without a doubt the best variation of the spear in the world of proffesional wrestling. Accept no immitations.

I found it to be a mixed show.

Personally I felt like the show had a certain stigma attatched to it which gave me the impression I was certainly watching the B-Show. Now I know TNA can't compete in terms of production values however they've got to try and establish themselves as a known entity rather than generic B-Show, develop their own brand of wrestling if you will. (Yes I stole that idea from a Paul Heyman interview :p)

b-show of course it is tna still has a while to go before they can compete with wwe so until than they are more the alternitive and i think thats what tna was trying to be when it started

Apart from those negative thoughts I found myself digging it. Despite the rushed feel and awkward pacing most of the matches seemed fairly enjoyable and quite different to the WWE which IMO is good and allows for the TNA to brand itself there.

main event was pretty bad i thought the rest of the matches were great esp the tag matches

The Cornette/Morgan skits were fairly decent as well I thought. Cornette can work a mic. extremely well and Morgan actually has some personality!

wwe let go of a keeper here imo he's mic skills keep getting better could be just what tna needs a big like morgan

Now THAT is a Spear! Rhyno has without a doubt the best variation of the spear in the world of proffesional wrestling. Accept no immitations.

Goreeeeeeeeeeeeee wasnt it nice to see a face Gore a ref i didnt see that coming

holy sh*t jim cornette? AWESOME!

i used to love when rhyno would do a gore and heyman would go nuts on commentary GORE! GORE! GOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE!

Once Dead

Bench
While not being spectacular, I was pumped to see TNA on my tv screen.

The show had Booker T, Christian, MCMGs, LAX, Joe, Angle and many more in their element......you definitely get the vibe that the crowd eats up anything that is thrown at them. This goes a long way to getting new fans interested.

Once again, if you were a first time viewer and you saw the four-way tag match involving the MCMGs and LAX you would instantly see what TNA is all about.....action.

Hell, if you weren't entertained by Hernandez alone, then you're on crack! Those power moves were sick!

Latest posts