What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The traditionalists REVIVAL !!!!!

supermario

Juniors
Well what do we have going on in league at the moment !!!!

A revival of all things good in league..... Tradition !!!!

The old jerseys are coming back, the old logos and hopefully some of the old songs !

this is good for Rugby league and the fans !!!!!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
According to some fans, tradition should be thrown away. :roll:

How good will it be to see the Tigers run out in the old Balmain strip at a packed Leichhardt Oval against none other than Souths.

Cant wait!

OVP

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
According to some fans, tradition should be thrown away. :roll:

How good will it be to see the Tigers run out in the old Balmain strip at a packed Leichhardt Oval against none other than Souths.

Cant wait!

Those fans who hate tradition are just Superleague blow-ins anyway ... ignore them Hybrid.

Im glad my club wears its 1908 jersey whenever we play Souths or Saints and its fantastic to see what the Wests Tigers are doing by bringing back the old Tigers and Magpies jerseys for a game. Also Canterbury should be commended for wearing their original strip the other night, it looked great. Parra did that last year i think too and i reckon those old jerseys look better than the current ones, especially the Parra one.

Well done to all those clubs doing this :clap:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Yeah - like nospam49. :lol:

The traditional jerseys look great. It should be done at least once a year. Leichhardt Oval makes it even more attractive.

Raider Azz

Bench
I don't want to wear our old jersey again, it will just bring back bad memories of this weekend #-o :cry:

OVP

Coach
Raider_Azz said:
I don't want to wear our old jersey again, it will just bring back bad memories of this weekend #-o :cry:

hehehe doh !!

But dont forget you won quite a few premierships wearing that jersey. And just think of all the greats who wore it too ... Meninga, Daley, Clyde, Stuart, Belcher, Walters, Ferguson, Lazarus etc. The memories it brings back should really be GREAT ones :)

DIEHARD

----
Tradition is something you can't buy and the ultimate tool in capturing people's hearts. It's just fantastic for league.

I hope the Broncos get their identity back and come back with a new logo alot like the older one. A pissed off gold stallion and bring back PROPER old school jerseys.

At the moment we look like the Lions or Reds. We need an identity! The away jerseys are too disgusting to begin to describe.

VIA LE TRADITION!!!!!!!

Forum Idiot

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:

Cant wait!
thats the first thing i though fo when i found out the tigers are gonne be wearing the balmain strip. i got goosebumps. its gonna be great to watch.

ouwet

Bench
choppies said:
yeh on Friday night the Bulldogs ran out to theyre old team song

The video the club showed on the big screen on the history of the club brought a tear to my eye! It was brilliant!!!!!! That whole night was brilliant... Proud 2 Be A Bulldog!!!!!

Diehard said:
Tradition is something you can't buy and the ultimate tool in capturing people's hearts. It's just fantastic for league.

I hope the Broncos get their identity back and come back with a new logo alot like the older one. A pissed off gold stallion and bring back PROPER old school jerseys.

At the moment we look like the Lions or Reds. We need an identity! The away jerseys are too disgusting to begin to describe.

VIA LE TRADITION!!!!!!!

I totally agree!

Red Bear

Referee
The team songs at the end is great, you see it in the AFL and also when they play Glory Glory when Souths win/come out. Go Tradition(oh and saintS fans who whinged about the Steelers jersy im pretty sure your getting the full red V in round 25 verse manly, i think i read it on the main page of this website).

SP

Bench
Id like to see Penrith and Canberra wear the 1991 grand final strips in their next game (i didnt choose the 1990 GF strips because thats when i think penrith had the skid mark dunny paper jersey and i dont like it)

Latest posts