What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll Dump thread *insert cool name here*

Kurt Angle

First Grade
SteveM said:
For god's sake. Look at soccer. It's the world number one sport for a reason.Everyone is given a reason to improve i.e. by playing games.

I don't find teams like Turkey and Korea making the semi-finals at the world cup in 2002 a reason to celebrate.

The fact that they exceed much stronger teams shows how one off fixtutres are a raffle and do not demonstrate the strenghts of teams.

3 test series do that, yet the obligation to play more and more nations takes away from 3 match series.

Your game has never had to contend with quality international fixtures, so I doubt you can understand.

Really ?. Hows that ?.

By the fact over 90% of the worlds press looke dta it, then wrote it off and a complete bore. When the entire worlds sporting press says your game is a dud during your show peice event, you know it's a failure.

I tell you I've watched your RLWC qualifiers and that really was a failure. Crowds of less then 500 !!!!. 500!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The games have been very good.

Crowds are a long way from being the determining factor of success.

Anyway, they're 500 more than what we would have got 10 years ago in most cases... getting those 500 is a sign of succeeding.

Giallorosso

Juniors
International RL said:
Swing and a miss...

:roll:

Okay tell me who gonna take the RL WC seriously outside of Queensland and maybe Wigan??

10 teams

'Straya,Kiwis and the meathead poms in the same group??

Australia v NZ/Poms in the Final??

Yawwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:cool:

westie

Bench
I spose we could start with the fact that Melbourne will host the highest crowd of the tourny.

The middle east will see games.

All of England and other parts of Europe and the UK will see games.

The Pacific will see games.

Perhaps then many will realise there is a better option. Nothing better than hearing the boos echoing around the French stadiums every couple of minutes when a goal was kicked. I honestly thought Tonga and Samoa wouldn't score a try... Sorta like watching the ities playing Football.

Redsfan

Juniors
It was interesting to note that a couple of USA Rugby executives were at the game. I think they want Russell to help promote the Sevens in San Diego, although I don't like their chances. Maybe the USA will be the catalyst for a merger of the codes?

adamkungl

Immortal
Redsfan said:
It was interesting to note that a couple of USA Rugby executives were at the game. I think they want Russell to help promote the Sevens in San Diego, although I don't like their chances. Maybe the USA will be the catalyst for a merger of the codes?

No League fans want a merger of any sort. No.

My idea was runner up teams in ESL and NRL play each other in a different US city which is home to an AMNRL team.

Redsfan said:

why would russell crowe want to help promote a rival sport.

RU can f**k off

other posters have reminded us how union is so much bigger than RL in america. why would they need a RL man to help them promote their sport

roopy

Referee
Redsfan said:
Rugby sevens is as close to playing league as you can get while still pretending to be playing union, so if Crowe was given the chance to do some cross promotion - i.e. 'if you like this sh*t, you'll love league', it wouldn't be a bad thing.
Americans don't see the 'battle of the codes' thing. They see both sports as quaint boutique forms of football with similarities to their own code, to be played by anyone not good enough to play the real thing. Rugby is more about male bonding and serious drinking than anything else in America.

Redsfan

Juniors
fishing.jpg

Lockyer4President! said:
If your intent is to troll then stick to TFC.

exactly guys, ignore the troll.

this is a very positive thread on the growth of RL.

im not surprised a union fan would feel jealous given how difficult it has been for that sport to get new fans.

Vimpy

Juniors

Vimpy

Juniors
good to see australia pissing on other teams squads by picking players that have publicly come out and said they would play for other countries....though did we expect anything else?

white,simpson & jennings should now be barred from teaming up with ireland & tonga when the don't make the australia cut...i'll be interested in seeing if ireland have also put white & simpson in their 40 man squads...

:shock:

Are you saying that players dropped from this first Aussie selection when it is trimmed can then make themselves available for another country?

Please tell me you are joking.

Calixte

First Grade
:shock:

Are you saying that players dropped from this first Aussie selection when it is trimmed can then make themselves available for another country?

Please tell me you are joking.

Read the eligibility thread and don't bore us with a trolling effort. You know you can...

Butters

Bench
How is he even allowed to play for Ireland? He's already played 2 series of State of Origin.

Vimpy

Juniors
How is he even allowed to play for Ireland? He's already played 2 series of State of Origin.

His parents once owned an Irish setter, therefore he is eligible. I'm eligible to play for NZ on the basis of having eaten a Kiwi fruit.

International league is a bit like that ...

An we wonder why people laugh.

:lol: