What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The troll Dump thread *insert cool name here*

roopy

Referee
sledgeandhammer said:
Apparently the world record for stoppages of any game of rugby occured in a game of league - over 300 stoppages. Apparently in league you have to stop and play the ball each time you are tackled! :lol:

Go Georgia!
I can see you have been to university to do the Rugby Union sponsered course in 'creative mathmatics'.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Clive Woody said:
So the opening ceremony is on the second day and the third game of the tournament? Is this more innovation from RL?

:D

Lots of sports have a game or two before an opening ceremony

The Tank

Bench
Clive Woody said:
So the opening ceremony is on the second day and the third game of the tournament? Is this more innovation from RL?

:roll:

At the 2000 Olympics (a proper world event unlike the RUWC) preliminary soccer events(including an Australia/Italy game) began on the 13th. The Opening Ceremony was held on the 15th.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Clive Woody said:
If you mean the league world cup won't be worse than the current Rugby World Cup I shall laugh at you very loudly!

depends on what we mean by worse. I'm sure it will be better in the most important aspects. I can't wait.

thommo4pm

Coach
Oh the Union fans, you got to love them.
Already trying to come out and stick the boot in, scared already. :lol:

The Union World Cup going on at the moment, seriously nobody even knows about it.
It's had little to no attention placed on it in the media to date.

I had a quick look at the Australian side playing against the Poms yesterday, and seriously I would know about 4 of them if they passed me in the street.
Nobody cares about Union, it's a second rate sport for second rate supporters.
Union fans wouldn't know anything about passion, they are too busy trying to stay awake during the match.

crimpo

Juniors
So Conference RL in England is predominantly played on RU grounds by players who also play RU. Absolutely correct.

Moral - There are a lot of people involved with RU that aren't the sort of numbties that post here! Some of them even understand that its 2007 and not 1977!!

Seriously folks these trolls are to be pitied rather than castigated - its their choice to live in the past...

Cheezel

Juniors
Is there a Yawnion World Cup on at the moment? Have not seen much about it! Are the poms still kicking Goals to win games? Why don't they just call Yawnion another version of Diveball. Why don't they just take tries out all together.....wait a minute......they already have!

deluded pom?

Coach
ParraEelsNRL said:
The capacity of this place is 42,445, if they had 30,000 over two days, why does it look so bare except for a couple of pics?

Didn't you know it was compulsory for the crowd to turn up in fancy dress. Unfortunately 29,750 all turned up dressed as a plastic bucket seat.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
SteveM said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only a mongo would say that. Unbelievable.

Some people can't see the woods from the trees in seems.

Inferior rugby just hosted an utter failure of a world cup.

One cause commented by many was how this focus has impacted on relegating all other internationals to nothingness. Where everything now is a 4 year build up.

We've seen the impact is has on a global sport, and even a regional sport like Rugby Union.

roopy

Referee
SteveM said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only a mongo would say that. Unbelievable.
there is a fundamental difference between league and union fans;
league fans won't watch rubbish.
union fans don't have a choice.

SteveM

Juniors
For god's sake. Look at soccer. It's the world number one sport for a reason.Everyone is given a reason to improve i.e. by playing games.

Inferior rugby just hosted an utter failure of a world cup.

Really ?. Hows that ?. I tell you I've watched your RLWC qualifiers and that really was a failure. Crowds of less then 500 !!!!. 500!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: