What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth finally comes out re Tim Smith

Hurriflatch

Referee
A valid point was made on the thread for this article on the NRL forum.

Just because we [as Parra fans] prefer this version of events doesn't mean that there is anymore truth to this than the Daily Telegraph making Tim out to be an alcoholic.

strider

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:

Just because we [as Parra fans] prefer this version of events doesn't mean that there is anymore truth to this than the Daily Telegraph making Tim out to be an alcoholic.
true ... BUT I tend to give the SMH a little more credability than the Telecrap these days

spiderdan

Bench
Hurriflatch said:

actually these versions of events are pretty much on the money.

Hurriflatch

Referee
eloquentEEL said:
at what point does Timmy get to sue the Telecrap for defamation?

none

in theory yeah he's got a case but in reality it will be too much effort for not enough gain.

Glenn

First Grade
Think News Limited would have learnt after losing several defamation cases to Fitzgerald, but I guess not.
News of the World >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daily Telegraph

Hellsy

Immortal
spiderdan said:
i have a credible source. i told hellsy the gist of the story a few days ago and said there was nothing in it, which there wasn't.

Yup, and the SMH story collaborates what you told me

Hurriflatch

Referee
Thats good will be interesting to see if the Tele says anything over the next couple of days but I very much doubt it.

Angry_eel

First Grade
jayman said:
aah no angry eel.. ure reading it wrong...

i would like to say.. in the orginial post about clarke's lil spat.. my posts were edited about 3-4 times.. each saying and commenting on clarkes character and yet i was censored as if i was lying about it or making it up...

if this doesnt confirm everything ive said about clarke .. then nothing will...

ask one of the mods to see what i really wrote about clarke to see what person he is in real life...i always doubted tim was to be involved in this that much...

good to see that i was justified in making claims about him...
i was talking about clarke dude not timmy.

Nikki

Coach
Eric was pretty upset with the Telecrap last night. He pretty much said Timmy did nothing wrong and he only has to trip up whilst walking into the toilets and they would write him up as drunk. Funny how last year the Telecrap were running this "anti-bullying" program for school kids yet they seem to do the same to sports stars. If the SMH wasnt so bloody huge I'd start buying that TBH.

Angry_eel

First Grade
MarkInTheStands said:
Well everyone just has to remember that the Herald is a Paper of Record and Telegraph is a tabloid.
Also, Tele owned by News ltd. Storm owned by news ltd. DF hates Storm being in Victoria. News ltd hates him back plus the rest of the club.

Nikki

Coach
Pictures are good...

Like even the other day with that whole Sam Newman thing. Everyone saw that the guy spat on Sam and Sam threw the punch. Yet the Telecrap said that it was an alleged spit but a definate punch. Why not and alleged punch? They are so biased in all their reporting.

Parra Guru

Coach
Is it a recent ex? Because I used to play sport with Clarke's missus, Erina, and they've been together since high school. He's taken her to the last few AB medals, so maybe they recently split?

Latest posts