What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread part II

Providing the price is right which is your preferred FTA broadcast option?

• All games on Seven

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • All games on Nine

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • All games on Ten

Votes: 59 22.6%
  • Seven/Nine split

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Seven/Ten split

Votes: 109 41.8%
  • Nine/Ten split

Votes: 55 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NRLMad

Juniors
After the next rights deal, the NRL should launch NRL TV - and we could pay direct - i'd pay a monthly fee.

juro

Bench
If NRL TV ever comes in, I hope Raiderdave isn't in charge of setting prices. 20% subscription fee increases every year!!!

Raiderdave

First Grade
After the next rights deal, the NRL should launch NRL TV - and we could pay direct - i'd pay a monthly fee.

I think most people would
its probably the main reason why a lot of subscribers in NSW .. the ACT & QLD have pay TV

3 Million present subscribers of which 2 million are in the NRL states
if just half of these left fox to take up NRL TV subscription at say a dollar a day... with repeats & classic matches being shown in summer

thats 30 million a month ... 360 million a year ... 1.8 Billion over 5 years
wow :eek:

juro

Bench
ah..... what ?:sarcasm:
No offense intended. Just thinking about your post before where you are tallying up the $1.3bn you want the networks to pay and comparing this to the last deal.

But if it is the viewers paying, will we be happy to see such a rapid increase going forward?

El Diablo

Post Whore
it's all rigged so say the AFL ttards http://www.bigfooty.com/forumhttp://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22946846#post22946846

Whilst TV figures are important if you analyse the figures and remove all the fudges like double counting and quoting peak figures for rl and average for AFL and the assumption that four people are watching every Fox box and that people are a watching every show on a TV that is left on for hours, thyat they never leave the room and log every change ac curately etc etc then you'll find not that many people watch rl intently as well.

Every time a better ratings system comes in they find the popular shows aren't that popular and the minor shows are more popular. The solution - they still employ old technology that relies on the human factor.

Perth Red

Post Whore
its probably the main reason why a lot of subscribers in NSW .. the ACT & QLD have pay TV

if just half of these left fox to take up NRL TV subscription at say a dollar a day... with repeats & classic matches being shown in summer

I wold imagine production costs to produce NRL would be pretty significant? Have to agree though that NRLTV.com for a subscription of $30 a month would be awsome! I'd def be buying it. The NBN will give us the technology into everyones living rooms to make this possible within the next decade.

re Foxtel, they need to be reminded about how many subscribers they risk LOSING, never mind how many they might get from AFL states!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Contra is annoying, I'm seeing at least 3 ads a day on TV to sign up to watch every afl game live bullshit and it's not even the new year yet :crazy:

Talk about beating a dead horse.

firechild

First Grade

How many people would be satisfied with their $30/month from November to February? That's 1/3 of the year where there is very little rugby league, and with the exception of the WCC (which would only be watched by fans of the premiers and the odd neutral fan) it's all on FTA anyway. I'd be happy to pay the $30 for the rest of the year but not for those 4 months. If it was $30/month from March-October and $10/month for the rest of the year it might work.

While it is true that most people in NSW/QLD get fox for the RL, they like the benefit of the other channels. Super rugby, hockey and domestic cricket are things that I like watching on Fox and somewhat justify the extra cost though I still don't have Foxtel.

Realistically, Fox just need to work on their packages and if they could offer a sports package without all the extra content in the basic package for say $30-40/month, they'd get a heap more subscribers.

I watch Rugby League, EPL and NFL on Fox and I'd be happy to pay a small charge over and above for Rugby League.

But if they don't get the NRL, it goes back the moment the announcement is made and I don't think I'm alone.

juro

Bench
Live sport is really the ultimate reality television. Much more interesting that watching a bunch of nobodies sitting around on a couch!

Status
Not open for further replies.