What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The TV rights thread

Who would you like to see get the rights providing the price is right?

• Seven

Votes: 57 20.5%
  • Nine

Votes: 49 17.6%
  • Ten

Votes: 110 39.6%
  • Rights split between FTA channels

Votes: 147 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

m0nty

Juniors
Hmm, who else looks for maximum dollars, maximum exposure... oh yeah, strippers on the Cross.

I suppose it's a bit chary to criticise him being too positive, after criticising for not being positive enough. He can't win. Unless he actually delivers a big new deal.

babyg

Juniors
Very positive. A saturday fta game is a must. Imagine the Swans and Lions ratings up against League every week. Plus if FTA pays more per game than fox and then we should be selling as many games to FTA stations as possible. plus having more than one station having the rights means more positive reporting of league.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Supposing there are 4-5 games on FTA.

Would you keep your Foxtel and Fox Sports subscription ?

Def not and this is the reason, if done above board, that the next deal could be worth so much. Fox NEEDS NRL and alot of it and therefore if in true competition will have to pay significantly to keep live games.

jc155776

Coach
Why such joy at having it on FTA? All that would happen is the FTA will horde it and not show it live. Just like with the tennis, the NRL on nein, the cricket, and any other f**king sport on commercial FTA.

Gallop would never have the balls to have a use it live or lose it clause in there as well.

FTA coverage will be just as sh*t as it is now!!

"...NRL boss David Gallop says the game's eagerly anticipated new television deal could lead to games on free-to-air TV on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday of each round..."

And I will believe that when I see it...

yeh and if it does happen im getting out of melbourne quick
no way im putting up with 4 delayed games a week

Surely digital TV has given more options for free to air networks. Any one of them could run league live from 2013 onwards, whether on normal channels or new ones, and reach almost the whole country. I'm less concerned about free to air stations getting the bulk of games under these circumstances. I'd be good if Gallop can negotiate some gaurantees though.

El Diablo

Post Whore
If Bill Woods hates league so much, why did he write a book about Hazim El Masri?

why does he get on Thursday Nght Lve and say "who cares about Rugby League?" and then chuckle away with his AFL pals?

have you ever watched the arse clown :?

Shorty

Staff member
Thing is Woods OPENLY bags league and ALWAYS sticks up for AFL.
Of course he does, which channel does he work for? What is their marquee sport?

If channel ten bought League I have no doubt the opinions would be forced to be kept to themselves for $$ sake.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Of course he does, which channel does he work for? What is their marquee sport?

If channel ten bought League I have no doubt the opinions would be forced to be kept to themselves for $$ sake.

:lol:

Adam Hawse doesn't carry on like turncoat Woods and he works for Ten

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
If we did get games on FTA 4 days a week I'd dump Foxtel asap.

I'd love it for 10 to get at least one game a week too, they always hype up their sports and I'm sure that they'd offer a more positive coverage of football if they actually carried games and had pro-NRL people onboard.

bobmar28

Bench
Why such joy at having it on FTA? All that would happen is the FTA will horde it and not show it live. Just like with the tennis, the NRL on nein, the cricket, and any other f**king sport on commercial FTA.

Gallop would never have the balls to have a use it live or lose it clause in there as well.

FTA coverage will be just as sh*t as it is now!!

At least it will be seen by the 75% of people who don't have pay TV.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
I don't care what channel gets what as far as i'm concerned it can be shared round all of them. What i would like to see is more games played in the daylight hours in the dead of winter. If that means only games being played on Saturday and Sunday afternoons so be it. Night time football is great in the warmer months but in the cold months, it effects the play bad and keeps crowds at games down.

Status
Not open for further replies.