What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The two clubs in serious danger of collapse - Tele

Dogs Of War

Coach
http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg.../the_two_clubs_in_serious_danger_of_collapse/

Phil Rothfield

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at 08:53pm

THE global credit crisis has put a number of NRL clubs in serious danger of folding.
On top of poker machine taxes and smoking bans, there are genuine fears for at least two clubs.
Executive Sports Editor Phil Rothfield will reveal online from 1pm Wednesday which clubs face the axe – and why.
You’ll be shocked to learn just how precarious their situation is.
The NRL has been closely monitoring all clubs to prevent a total disaster.
The first club collapse may be only months away.
Join Buzz today at 1pm to find out how safe your club is.

Interesting. So one is Cronulla, not sure who the other is. Either way Phil's opinion is just that, his opinion. I am sure any club named today at 1pm will be sure to return serve. I wonder if this is how the tele gets there stories now, write a blog, name some names, and then hope they return serve so they can publish it on the backpage the next day.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Aren't the Titans struggling as well?

Struggling for crowd yes.

THough the Bulldogs sent me an email with the ticket prices for there games, and I was not surprised why they aren't getting crowds..

[FONT=&quot]Adult[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Concession[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Child[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Family* 1Ad+1Jr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Family* 2Ad+2Jr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Titanium[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$55.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$46.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$32.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$76.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$152.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gold[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$42.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$35.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$25.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$58.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$116.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Steel[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$29.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$24.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$17.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$40.00[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$80.00[/FONT]

Cheapest tickets $29, who are they kidding. Even kids cost too much.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
THough the Bulldogs sent me an email with the ticket prices for there games, and I was not surprised why they aren't getting crowds..

i'm no business student but it never ceases to amaze me what clubs and the nrl charge for games/merchandise. if you dropped prices you'd sell more stuff get better attendences.

Dogs Of War

Coach
i'm no business student but it never ceases to amaze me what clubs and the nrl charge for games/merchandise. if you dropped prices you'd sell more stuff get better attendences.

This is the Bulldogs pricing for there game at Bluetounge (which I think is the same as there normal game day prices).

Reserved Seating.
Adult $36.00 Family 2 Adults + 2 Child (4-16 Years) $94.00 Juniors 4-16yrs $22.00 Concession:Aged & FT Stdt.Must Show ID
General Admission
Adult $23.00 Family 2 Adults + 2 Child (4-16 Years) $58.00 Juniors 4-16yrs $12.00 Concession:Aged & FT Stdt.Must Show ID

Much cheaper, though I still think all clubs should make Juniors 4-16yrs $5 each no matter what section they sit in.

Sir Biffo

Bench

Red Bear

Referee
^ Broncos are about the same what does it cost for a game at the SFS or ANZ?
Both ground have good ticket prices actually, SFS on friday for example A reserve are $38($30 for students, $24 for juniors), B reserve are $33($25, $19) and general admission is $23 ($15, $9)

i think the tigers have a pretty good deal in which they make a profit either way which allows them to drop their prices but either way very reasonable

Johns Magic

Referee
That was to make up for a shortfall in a lending deal or something to fund their development centre of excellence. I think the Titans were one of only two clubs last year to turn a profit before their leagues club grant.

Plus it wasn't a loan, it was an advance on their grant from the NRL.

Yeah, upon finding the article again I realised it wasn't what I'd first thought.

Big Mick

Referee
I reckon it's either Penrith or Manly. Please don't be the Tigpies!!

Why would it be Penrith.

May not be totally Liquid...but we are very very asset rich. We've just finished a total re-development of the leagues club to draw in extra revenue streams so not focussing on pokies all the time.

Penrith in the long run is financially stable.

If anyone it would be the Tigpies...2 leagues clubs and no revenue at all. Or Manly...with their partnership drama's.

Cronulla as a definite.

Binga

Juniors
the titans arent in financial trouble. They have brought forward their NRL grant so they can build their centre of excellence building which will be located outside skilled park. Basically they are being proactive and adding to their assets whereas other nrl clubs have got an advance on their nrl grant just so they can survive.

Red Bear

Referee
I thought in the saga of the Balmain leagues club nearly going under last year it was seen that the Tigers arent reliant on the leagues clubs much at all.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg.../the_two_clubs_in_serious_danger_of_collapse/

Interesting. So one is Cronulla, not sure who the other is. Either way Phil's opinion is just that, his opinion. I am sure any club named today at 1pm will be sure to return serve. I wonder if this is how the tele gets there stories now, write a blog, name some names, and then hope they return serve so they can publish it on the backpage the next day.

lol
money is money and if you aint got none, and no hope of borrowing...lol

are you serious?

i think phil has a pretty good idea