What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Two Of Me by Andrew Johns

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Why would I write a book dumbass?

Joey is cashing in off a f**king drug scandal that has supposedly made his life hell, brought shame on him and his family etc., and also brought shame on our great game. So much for wanting to make amends, he wants to make a few extra dollars the greedy merkin.

Umm so let me get this straight -

Joey shouldn't release a book just because he got busted doing drugs?

Joey wasn't a good enough player to have released a book anyway?

Joey's revelations won't help people in similar situations?

Get over it. If you don't like it don't f**king read it. I bet you miss out on a great story.

This book will piss all over the usual boring cliched muck you get in regular sports biographies.

watatank

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:

Joey is cashing in off a f**king drug scandal that has supposedly made his life hell, brought shame on him and his family etc., and also brought shame on our great game. So much for wanting to make amends, he wants to make a few extra dollars the greedy merkin.

he was always going to release a book. its release was sooner than expected in light of these scandals, that's all.

how do you know his life wasn't a living hell? stories like this just goes to show the immense pressure footballers are under. no excusing him for his drug taking but this is a serious problem imo. this is the problem with seeing andrew johns the football star rather than the person.

HevyDevy

Coach
Actually the book was released at the same time it was always going to be released.

The drugs thing didn't make any difference and was already in the book, the only change was that after he was forced to go public early a few months ago, he and Neil Cadigan had to update a few chapters with what happened in London.

Bigfella

Coach
A player who has just ended a stellar career in whcih he was highly sought after by other codes.

Possibly the greatest rugby league player of all time.

A player who has lived under the highest degree of scrutiny with a drug problem and a mental illness.

No, can't see a book in that. :sarcasm:

If Joey's story isn't worth a read then none is.

I'm a bit of a fan of spoerts autos. But honestly, 99% of them are the same book, different names.

The best ones I've ever read are the brutally honest ones - Ian Roberts, and Wayne Rabbit Bartholomew are my top two.

I reckon this might make it a top 3.

innsaneink

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:

Ignorance is bliss, huh?

Pierced Soul said:
anyone know if he has any book signings planned?

Borders at Parramatta -- Thursday November 8th at 2pm

I saw posters up about a signing at the Borders in Bondi Junction yesterday but that may have been advertising the P'matta signing because its no where to be found on their website.

Apey

Staff member
Theres one on wednesday morning at Charlestown Square in Newy :)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Getting really sick of the hero complex forming around Joey....

Raider_69

Post Whore
I hope the two of him f**k off into obscurity some time soon. Im sick of hearing about it to be hones

Nook

Bench
Princess got her panties in a twist because all the Joey stories are taking up valuable posting space?

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
I hope the two of him f**k off into obscurity some time soon. Im sick of hearing about it to be hones

Youre sick of hearing about it, so you click on the thread about his book?

Any excuse to have a whinge

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Youre sick of hearing about it, so you click on the thread about his book?

Any excuse to have a whinge

actually, any excuse to waste time would be more appropriate. Monday night TV is sh*thouse

innsaneink

Referee
Mon TV is sh*thouse so you jump on the net to read about something youre sick of?

What a life you must lead.

HevyDevy

Coach
They're completely different in clientele and atmosphere.

Cargo is rubbish though.

Pier 26 is okay.

I mean, on a big night out I try to stay away from that area but Bungalow is my pick if I have to head down that way.

The Argyle is the place to be though

Latest posts