What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Warriors

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Well we played pretty poorly today, but enough to get a victory away from home for the 2nd week running so I'm pretty happy with it.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
They weren't at their best but they kept scrambling for eachother in defence when the Knights had wave after wave attacking their line. Warriors teams in the past would have cracked for sure.

They seem to have decent depth around the place too. 20's won the comp last year and this years 20's are outstanding.

Won't have anyone in Origin(as much as i would love to see Maloney get a shot) so their next 2 months should be fine. Where clubs like the Broncos, Dragons and Storm will be missing players and have players backing up.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Warriors are sort of playing like the Broncos did.

Putting in a couple of big moments but are generally pretty poor and they're never completely putting sides away.

Credit to them they've done well to bounce back after a poor start.

They'll be up there, but need a better halfback to win it. All their other players in key positions are good enough, but Seymour is rubbish.

shiznit

Coach
They weren't at their best but they kept scrambling for eachother in defence when the Knights had wave after wave attacking their line. Warriors teams in the past would have cracked for sure.

They seem to have decent depth around the place too. 20's won the comp last year and this years 20's are outstanding.

Won't have anyone in Origin(as much as i would love to see Maloney get a shot) so there next 2 months should be fine. Where clubs like the Broncos, Dragons and Storm will be missing players and have players backing up.

how the hell Maloney hasnt been mentioned in NSW origin talk is beyond me...

IMO hes much better than Mullen... he was certainly worth a city/country jumper.

I put money on them at start of yr...
Explained why in punting thread.
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=375311
Mate i was very impressed with them last yr..They have learnt to win away from home,They have learnt how to tough out a win(Sadly lacking in those two departments till 2010).They also played a large chunk of the season without their Two international props(price & Rapira.)& the younger forwards really impressed me.

They have bought well for this yr & the players coming through from the Toyota cup look very promising.
Plus SOO doesnt affect them .
I just think if they keep improving on last yr they are a real chance.

Havn't seen much to change my mind.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
5 of the last 6 weeks they haven't conceeded a try in the last 20 mins, so that suggests their fitness is sensational.

Rapira, Heremaia, Ta'ai, Ropati, Fisiiahi and Moon were missing from today's team. Highlighting their depth. Johnson and John are 2 good young halves also coming through.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
They'll give it a real shake this year. Their exit in the finals last year was pretty poor. If they finish top 4 look out.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Nah.

We're not much better than 2007/2008/2010 when we made the 8 under Cleary but weren't good enough to go on with it.

Our fundamental problem remains that we don't have halves capable of creating anything and rely on scraps for our attack. Maloney is very conspicuous making linebreaks off the good work of others but that's not his primary role.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The good thing is there is still quite a bit of improvement in us, and players to come back along with Manu getting back to his best.

Big Pete

Referee
Rapira, Heremaia, Ta'ai, Ropati, Fisiiahi and Moon were missing from today's team.

The Warriors only really missed Rapira and Ta'ai and I'd even question the latter.

Heremaia is an ordinary hooker, Ropati is the most inconsistent player in the game and can be a liability in defence, Fish is good but so is Locke - playing both just hurts the side and Moon is just plain bad.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The Warriors only really missed Rapira and Ta'ai and I'd even question the latter.

Heremaia is an ordinary hooker, Ropati is the most inconsistent player in the game and can be a liability in defence, Fish is good but so is Locke - playing both just hurts the side and Moon is just plain bad.

Nah

Heremaia gives us another hooker rather than the complete shambles when Hohaia pretends to know what he's doing there

Ropati is the ONLY real centre in our squad. Would kill for him back atm with Brown now injured and Berrigan not looking right either.

Gaba

First Grade
Other teams dont have the defence like the dragons.

The only way you can judge is when they come up against the dragons