What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The weekly player vilification thread - GAME DAY THREAD vs Titans

Omnishark2

Juniors
Finally we get halves that can actually create space & opportunities for their outside men !!

Axeing Chad came about 18 months too late ... but this game was Exhibit 1 in why Chad should be banished to the Jets for the rest of the year (unless the Raiders are Cows are desperate enough to take him early).

Sure the Titans defence fell away ... but the Chad apologists are kidding themselves if they think we would have won as well (or even at all) with handbrake Chad in the team.

snout

First Grade
That was one of a few breaks made where the runner became Neville Nobody and had no friends.

Where was the support?
Yep. He was waiting for someone to loom.
Happened a couple of times in the first half as well.
Bad habits.
We arent used to 2nd phase

Last edited:

Weaponhead

Coach
I like what SJ/MM did but, "one swallow does not a summer make"

They've set themselves a bar now and have to keep clearing that bar week in and week out now
The next game against Penrith presents a great opportunity to show they can back it up. Penrith won't give them the time and space they got today.

In the presser, Hannay said they showed good judgement of when to play within themselves and when to push the button.

sladden road

Juniors
Variation in the kicking game was most appreciated.
Don dropping that torpedo floater made dropping Chad all worth it .

DJDL

Bench
Yeah discipline left them 5 minutes ago. The minute Toby kicked the ball away and gave up a penalty they nearly scored from

I thought it left them 2 tackles earlier when we’d split the Titans, had them stretched to the right, and the captain decided to go the blind to try and milk a penalty.

He got the result, but it was a low percentage play which could have easily been let go for milking and cost us a try scoring opportunity.

Dumb play, by a dumb leader and it sets a poor example.

I wouldn’t bat an eye if we shipped him on.

snout

First Grade
so serious snouty :)
nice to see you're back from pipe induced psychosis.
BTW we played not long ago and dufty and MILF did not play on the wing :p
and nor will they!
Hhmm....
Im gonna say you had no idea moyza was in 2nd gear - because sarcasm aint working in your head.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Sounds like I missed an interesting game.
Hope that young Matty Moylan played well.
A lot to like with him and SJ - silky but still work to do to shore up a few things.
Chad misery be gone...war is over. In fairness, Titans were ordinary but they handled the likes of Fifita well....and the Titans didn’t like it.
I wonder if Morris and Chad had a BBQ then watched the game together over a few cans of Cronulla Beer Co Sours - the kids love that drop

snout

First Grade
Ch
Tonight (post game) just has a whole new feel about it.

Praise be the Lord, a weight has been lifted.
People are coming out of thier houses.
Standing in their driveways.
Just staring skyward.
The world has turned a corner.

Hhmm....
Im gonna say you had no idea moyza was in 2nd gear - because sarcasm aint working in your head.
I don't care whether he was in second gear.
the observation was on the run itself.
like what actually happened.

you do know that don't you?

Chimp

Bench
It was so good to see 2 halfbacks who actually engage the line - first few steps nearly always forward, such a simple difference, but we saw the space it created out wide.
Moylan still looks like he’ll break whenever he puts the foot down, and you always worry he’s going to turn the ball over in some ridiculous fashion, but I tell you what, he has a red hot crack and at least looks likely with the ball in hand. He showed some lovely silky touches.
With SJ/Moyza pairing, some weeks it will click and we’ll rack up a score, some weeks it will all go wrong and stink the place out, but I’d rather that than go with steady 6/10 each week.

Latest posts