What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The World Cup Thread

Whats Doing

Bench
My favourite is Bresciano. He also seems to be in the right place and does all the little things brilliantly. His pass to Kewell for his goal was majic.

aqua_duck

Coach
stevo said:
Did i hear that Barcelona were interested in Neill? Neill was awsome again. So underratted. He's a champ, saved our butt a few times again!
They wouldn't have room for him, they got Rafael Marquez (captain of mexico) and Carles Puyol (one of the best defnders in the world playing as they're centre halves. The problem with Neill is La Liga only allow 3 non european players for every club, Barca's quota is filled up by Marquez, Ronaldinho and Smauel Eto'o, unless Neill has a British passport.

On Viduka: C Dubs, Viduka has been in bad form all world cup. From the first 2 consecutive shots against Japan (which he shouldve scored) to the final minutes against Croatia. You make an alright point about him holding up the ball, but he hasnt done it effectively enough and with him playing the lone striker role, hes gonna have to do better with his scoring opportunities, which he has failed to create enough of for himself. He can be a great player but hes not the same player that he was when he scored 4 against Liverpool in 2001 or even when he was averaging a goal a game for the Melbourne Knights in 94.

On Neeskens: Yes, Johann Neeskens (Australian Assistant coach) is heading to Barcelona to be the Assistant Coach.

On Neill: If he does have a british passport Hed be a better choice then Oleguer.

aqua_duck

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
On Neill: If he does have a british passport Hed be a better choice then Oleguer.
OMG Oleguer is a bumbling idiot, he's deadset lucky he came through Barcelona B and the fans like him because he's dead set hopeless, a rightback who can't defend or attack. I hear Barca are after Sevilla right back Daniel Alves though

either way, i cant see him getting too much action next season unless he improves. Rijkaard has really done well to put our best 11 on the park and at the moment Oleguer isnt cutting it.

Im keen to see how Gudjohnsen is gonna go in the Blaugrana.

aqua_duck

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
either way, i cant see him getting too much action next season unless he improves. Rijkaard has really done well to put our best 11 on the park and at the moment Oleguer isnt cutting it.

Im keen to see how Gudjohnsen is gonna go in the Blaugrana.
I guess Eidur is similar to Henke, they're not quite samuel eto'o but they're good finishers who are good in the air and versatile. I can't wait to see Giovanni dos santos make his mark soon

Parki

Bench
world cup conundrem

guess what ive gone and done? :crazy:

this afternoon i got a phone call regarding another job interview, to which i stupidly booked for tomorrow at 10 30am. Now im faced with the prospect of either
a) botching my job interview and watching the game
or b) going to sleep at a reasonable hour, not getting much of it because all the while ill be thinking of the game and how we are smashing italy

on the upside, i could tape it, and hope that it doesent go to penalties, in which case my tape wouldnt be long enough..... decisions decisions

stupid germany and its time difference :evil: :crazy:

B-dos

Referee
Parki, mate, watch the game and get some sleep then get up for the interview. Ill be up at 7.30 for work so you've got nothing to worry about.

Hey there's a good chance your boss will be in the same boat anyway. If we win he may even be so happy he'll give you the job!

Parki

Bench
he is a she as far as i can tell...

either way, i think thats what ill do..... national pride is important, i still maintain my view that anyone who doesent watch tonight has their citizenship revoked and they're sent off to auckland on the next flight

go the footballroos!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Carn the Aussies tonight!!! Although if Harry doesn't play, I really do doubt our ability to win. Him along with Emerton will be massive losses.

Misanthrope

Staff member
You'll be fine, Parki. I pulled an all nighter for our last game, went to bed at 8am, and was up at midday to go to work. I'm sure, no matter how exhausted you are, you can remain conscious long enough to answer some inane questions and woo her with your special Parki charm.

RABK

Referee
B-dos said:
Parki, mate, watch the game and get some sleep then get up for the interview. Ill be up at 7.30 for work so you've got nothing to worry about.

Hey there's a good chance your boss will be in the same boat anyway. If we win he may even be so happy he'll give you the job!

Try me, up all night working on employee contracts and an assessment, watch the game then out the door for work as soon as the game finishes.

:lol:

I did it for our Brazil game as well.

RABK

Referee
His groin injury is playing up Astro.

Apparently he is playing now, they'll make a final decision at 11.30pm our time. 90 minutes before kick off.

*prays*

Misanthrope

Staff member
I have never cried over a result in rugby league. I shed a few tears after a series of losses last year, but I've never been so heart-broken by a sporting result. We deserved better than that, and it hurts to see us go out so unjustly. Italy are a bunch of diving cheats, but there's nothing can be done now except to look forward to a better showing in 2010.

aqua_duck

Coach
The penalty was a disgrace, Inzaghi obviously taught grosso well.

However I think tonight proved to me why Hiddink is a good coach but not a great coach. Look at Hiddink's record and he can get average teams and bring them to a new level, make them over achieve but he hasn't got a killer instinct I don't think, which is why he hasn't really had much success coaching big clubs in europe outside of Holland. I really think we dropped the ball after Materazzi got sent off and leaving Aloisi on the bench until the 82nd minute was something I couldn't understand. A great coach like Arsene Wenger or Jose Pekerman would have tried to win the game earlier as soon as italy were down to 10.

Latest posts