What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worst Team in the Competition

rasaint

Juniors
You want a spark then pick Adam Quinlan. I have posted this a couple of times and got negative responses. Fair enough, everyone has an opinion but this guy is very quick and has a touch of that something special. Of course we can continue to pick the same side as Wayne Bennent said in his book ' If you keep doing what you have always done then you will keep getting what you have always got'.

stg666

Juniors
in bennett or bellamys 2nd season maybe so rwtillidie, although with their stature now ,more than likely not.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Confidence is one thing but you don't think with a proper half back (and our forwards doing what they already are) a bit of confidence will return? Ability and capacity come before confidence.
You know, you're right!

Thanks scoop.

dragonv

Juniors
You want a spark then pick Adam Quinlan. I have posted this a couple of times and got negative responses. Fair enough, everyone has an opinion but this guy is very quick and has a touch of that something special. Of course we can continue to pick the same side as Wayne Bennent said in his book ' If you keep doing what you have always done then you will keep getting what you have always got'.

I'd love to see Quinlan get a run. He has been impressive.

Minh

First Grade
Honestly guys we are just down on luck and down on confidence. The obstruction ruling against Creagh for the Morris no try was soft to say the least. I'm not making excuses but I reckon with a bit of luck we could have won the last two weeks.

blacksafake

First Grade
Not much can be said except for the usual DUMB plays,rough ref calls & of course the Hoodoo.I hope to see us beat them in my time? But some minor changes need to be made.Is Cooper still an automatic selection these days?

Lethal25

Juniors
Not the worst team, probably the team with the worst execution.

Maybe knowing they struggle to score points is also causing defensive pressure, once they fall behind you can just about go home or turn the telly off.

My two cents worth of what's needed.....

1. We need a halfback
2. Beale is not the long term fullback
3. Would like one more creative forward
4. A quality centre
5. A coach with enough reputation to attract player signings

We just don't have the quality of players through out the team,but no one can deny that they give it all week after week I noticed that they give silly penalties and more often than not take the wrong options purelly from frustration, they do look lost looking for a leader someone to guide them, I am not sure if Steven Price is the man that can provide that for them.

Puff

First Grade
Some people just won't take the red and white glasses off and call it how it is. We are shit, our coach is shit, and our CEO is shit. Bennett won us 2010, because he can actually polish a turd. However, without one of the best leaders/coaches of all time, this rabble will prop up the comp.

It's simple, until you fess up and admitted to a problem, you can't move forward, and that realisation needs to start with the fans.

BennyV

Referee
My take on the match:
-Ridiculous penalties and dropped balls killed us, as much as the guys were very courageous in the first half you can't give away that much possession and expect to win a match.
-We were very unlucky with 2 tries disallowed; obstruction rule is ridiculous for Morris's try, and it was just unlucky that the ref ruled Vidot touched it before referring to video ref.
-Cooper still has his place this year, his defence is solid and he is doing very well to cover Soward in this department; perhaps Beale needs to take more charge on the left in attack to cover Coops
-Nightingale isnt a centre, get him back to the wing. If Stanley was out and you dont want Vidot in the centres, put Green or VaiVai in, we need Nightingale on the wing.
-Canberra came out after halftime as if someone had lit a rocket under them. Saints came out lacking energy. THAT is where you notice the coaching abilities, Price needed to lift them after they'd spent all that time defending.
-Soward and Fien both need repalcements by next year. As for this year, I'd prob drop Soward before Fien, Fien had a good game tonight and Soward still doesn't seem interested.

redvforlife

Juniors
It's ok everyone. We have the plan, we have the ability. we're just not executing properly. Once we execute the game plan accurately, pants will be pulled down all over the paddock!

getsmarty

Immortal
My take on the match:
-Ridiculous penalties and dropped balls killed us, as much as the guys were very courageous in the first half you can't give away that much possession and expect to win a match.
-We were very unlucky with 2 tries disallowed; obstruction rule is ridiculous for Morris's try, and it was just unlucky that the ref ruled Vidot touched it before referring to video ref.
-Cooper still has his place this year, his defence is solid and he is doing very well to cover Soward in this department; perhaps Beale needs to take more charge on the left in attack to cover Coops
-Nightingale isnt a centre, get him back to the wing. If Stanley was out and you dont want Vidot in the centres, put Green or VaiVai in, we need Nightingale on the wing.
-Canberra came out after halftime as if someone had lit a rocket under them. Saints came out lacking energy. THAT is where you notice the coaching abilities, Price needed to lift them after they'd spent all that time defending.
-Soward and Fien both need repalcements by next year. As for this year, I'd prob drop Soward before Fien, Fien had a good game tonight and Soward still doesn't seem interested.

Agree..Cooper offers alot in Defense, but his best days in attack are long gone...lacks the speed cause he's running on old legs. Its time too hang up the boots at the end of this year.

emack

Juniors
I guess all the selfish supporters will come out in force now.

It's easy to support a winning team, but it takes a bit more ticker to be a genuine supporter during the more difficult times.

Your not getting it........................

We remain supporters (as always) we just want to see the club make the kind of decisions necessary to keep us competitive!

Your comment is very naive! How do Manly, Canterbury, West Tigers etc all do it and manage to stay competitive and why can't we?

We're not about to jump ship, we just want some simple F&*(ing decisions made that will give us a FUTURE!!!!!!!!!

jenninga

First Grade
Honestly guys we are just down on luck and down on confidence. The obstruction ruling against Creagh for the Morris no try was soft to say the least. I'm not making excuses but I reckon with a bit of luck we could have won the last two weeks.
We are playing without confidence ,however you have to give yourself every chance and the dumb things we did last night,it was amazing they didn't put on 50 against us.
We put too much pressure on ourselves with cheap penalties and turnovers.

Minh

First Grade
We are playing some very impatient footy and too soft in defense. On a positive note the ball Gerard beale delivered to Morris for the try which was ruled no try because of the silly new obstruction rule was a pearler very Darren Lockyer like. I reckon Beale at 5/8 wouldn't be the worst idea that cut out pass was crisp, fast and it was soft as in soft hands, not a bullet pass that is a hit or miss type pass.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Yes Its Panic Stations, thats 5 losses this year, and the teams Quality is there for all to see.

A Coach who has faith in halves of the calibre of Soward and Fien when his job is on the line, has no Idea, Especially when he does not even want Soward, Imagine losing your job and career to a player you know has no creative bone in his makeup.

" Can anyone tell me the last 5 Tries Jamie Soward has set up from a PASS not a Kick "

I seriously would have to go back to at least 2 years to find 5

Name me 5 Line Break assists he has Created HIMSELF !!!!

Problem is, You dont have the time to find them, because its not in his makeup, the Guy only runs on 2nd Phase play and a Broken defence line, because he does not have the Skillset in his head. He cuts out players on overlaps and Destroys every overlap Created.

OUR TEAM LINEUP NEEDS TO CHANGE

LETT for NOW, CUMMINS LATER - Lett for Cutters shows more than beale
NIGHTINGALE
BEALE
MORRIS
VIDOT FOR NOW, QUNILAN FOR LATER
DRINKWATER - yes Not ready, But hey in one game creates more than Sow
CAMERON KING - Yes Why Waste him or Lose him, Better than Sow and Fin
MERRIN
DEBELIN
CREAGH
WEYMAN
REIN
STOCKWELL
------
HARRISON
FRIZZELL
HUNT
MATTHEWS

TruSaint

Referee
Pass or kick... 4 points is 4 points. Ask JT or Cronk or Souths half. The kid from Souths hasnt broken the line consistently but his kicking game is first class. The game has changed. Soward was considered the best kicking player in the comp two years ago, we werent whinging then. Fair dinkum.