What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wrestling Question Thread

thuganomics

Coach
No it's not. Its Kane. When they had a package during the Royal Rumble before his match with Batista it had Kane on thier as one of the 7.

Misanthrope

Staff member
So it should be eight, then. Even if Lashley wasn't champion then, he's a champion now. Most of his 'list' weren't champions when he beat them.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Not really..Lashley has not held the major two titles- the ECW Title is just a mickie title realistically. He has not held the WWE or WHC Title at any time. All the major two titles at some point in their careers.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Not really..Lashley has not held the major two titles- the ECW Title is just a mickie title realistically. He has not held the WWE or WHC Title at any time. All the major two titles at some point in their careers.

I'm sorry, but last I checked it was the ECW 'World' Championship. They don't say 'Mr. Kennedy has beaten seven holders of the Raw or Smackdown title'. They say world titles.

When JBL listed his world champion defeats not so long ago - Lashley was listed as one of them.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'd be surprised if that continues as lets be honest here, ECW is a 3rd string show. Lane would be the 7th more than likely.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd be surprised if that continues as lets be honest here, ECW is a 3rd string show. Lane would be the 7th more than likely.

In your opinion it's a third string show. Just because it has less start power than the other brands doesn't mean it's championship isn't important. Lashley's being pushed to the moon, and the fact that the ECW champion can dominate anyone from any brand is a good sign for ECW's credibility.

lockyno1

Post Whore
CWBush said:
In your opinion it's a third string show. Just because it has less start power than the other brands doesn't mean it's championship isn't important. Lashley's being pushed to the moon, and the fact that the ECW champion can dominate anyone from any brand is a good sign for ECW's credibility.

Apart from Lashley and I'll give you CM Punk as well, name me anyone else that could be a credible main eventer on either RAW or SD from ECW. RVD has done it before but even he is at best a upper-mid carder!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Apart from Lashley and I'll give you CM Punk as well, name me anyone else that could be a credible main eventer on either RAW or SD from ECW.

You can't discount RVD just because you feel like it. He's main evented before and if he wasn't about to come off contract and hadn't been caught with Mary Jane - he'd probably do it again. Hardcore Holly's headlined a PPV as well (albeit some time ago).

Guys like Burke and Cor Van are also potential future main event players.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Harcore Holly and Burke are laughable at best. Mid card at the most. Had Holly not had a broken neck by Lesner he would not have main evented anyway. Cor Van..meh he aint much special.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If you think Marquis Cor Van/Monty Brown hasn't got future main eventer written all over him, you're crazy. The man can cut a promo, he's got the kind of look Vince gets hard over, and he's got a unique in ring style and a finisher that you'll find nowhere else.

As for Burke, give him time. He's charismatic, has a good look, and can work a match. It's clear from the way he's been booked on ECW lately that Vince sees a big future for him. Aside from Lashley, he's basically the focal point of every show.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You didn't say Monty Brown in the previous post. Yes he'd be one. But come on you are clutching at straws with most of the other "options". That is still less that 5 main eventers!

Misanthrope

Staff member
You didn't say Monty Brown in the previous post.

What? Yes, I did.

Guys like Burke and Cor Van are also potential future main event players.

On top of this, you have to bear in mind that the brand had Big Show (retired) and Kurt Angle (quit). I daresay they'll get some talent shunted their way post Mania to make up for those absences.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It is still a 3rd string show, as evidenced by the timeslot and as evidenced by the fact that the other 2 shows go for 2 hours.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It is still a 3rd string show, as evidenced by the timeslot and as evidenced by the fact that the other 2 shows go for 2 hours.

I don't doubt that it's the lesser of the three brands - but you were saying Lashley's status as title holder wasn't valid as it was 'only' the ECW title. Yet, currently Lashley's getting more attention than any of the other champions - especially Batista.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lashley is getting attention as he is in the main match at WM. It is no surprise that ECW only have 1 mattch really at the PPV!