What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wrestling Question Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
That is one view.

Another view is that at the time of the WWE takeover, it was owned one half by Vince McMahon (who had just won it off of Shane McMahon in a survivor series match, thanks to the dastardly actions of Kurt Angle) and one half by a distinguished consortium that had financed Shane McMahons original purchase of WCW from Time Warner. That consortium was later revealed to be owned by the Nature Boy Ric Flair.

:lol:

Classic

Misanthrope

Staff member
Since leaving the WWE/F he's basically bounced around doing various things. He wrestled in Japan and Mexico, and is now attached to Jacques Rogeau's fed

If Scott Hall wasnt a drunk, would he be the greatest wrestler of all time?

Yes, Pennywisealfie he would be, because he already is.

Thanks Pennywisealfie!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Greatest Wrestler to never be champ and my personal favourite all-time wrestler both as Razor Ramon and Scott Hall.

Whatever happened to Doink and Dink from the early to mid 90's?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Doink (Steve Keirn) is a trainer now, and makes occasional WWE appearances. I've heard he'll be at Vengeance (which I won't see until 10pm tonight). No idea where Dink is.

Gene Krupa

Referee
OK. This one is for the diehards who know their WWE theme music.

I want to know the theme that starts: 1 2 is this on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nöyd

Staff member
That would be "My Time"

Was the entrance music for Triple H and Chyna around 2000-01 (approximately), originally started out as an instrumental, and then lyrics were later added.

Following the creation of Triple H's "The Game" character after WrestleMania XV, WWF composer Jim Johnston created a new theme entitled "Higher Brain Pattern". "Higher Brain Pattern" was later recreated with lyrics (again sung by The DX Band) and renamed "My Time". "My Time" was distinguished by a recurring "bleeping" noise and contained numerous inside jokes and instances of kayfabe breaking, including the addressing of WWF backstage personnel and executives by name. The song was included on WWF The Music, Vol. 4, however is not the exact same one he used during his time using the music. The original theme can be heard on the PC version of the video game WWF Raw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_H#Theme_songs

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Which professional wrestlers from 1990 are now deceased? Please add to the list....

Crash Holly
Rick Rude
Andre The Giant
Owen Hart
Eddie Guerrero
Curt Hennig
Big Boss Man
Renegade
Brian Pillman
British Bulldog (aka Davey Boy Smith)

Any others?

Also i remember a wrestler with the nickname "The suplex machine" i remember the nickname, but who did it belong to?

Iafeta

Referee
Chris Adams
Earthquake (only a couple of months ago Teach)
Louis Spiccoli
Chris Candido
Johnny Grunge
Rocco Rock
Kerry Von Erich
Dino Bravo
Art Barr (a real close friend of Eddy Guerrero)
Bobby Duncam Jr
"Bam Bam" Terry Gordy
Road Warrior Hawk
Junkyard Dog
Hercules Hernandez
The Renegade
Buzz Sawyer
Big John Studd
The Wall - Sgt AWOL
Yokozuna

The Teach

Juniors
I knew Earthquake died not long ago. Must be going crazy!(thought it was longer) Thanks Iafeta! We forgot to add RVD's career after nearly killing HHH a few years ago (LOL). There was also one of the original pitbulls I think.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Yokozuna passed away? when and how did that happen?

Another question i have is...

What PPVs are on every month? December is Royal Rumble, January is New Years Revolutions. What else?

PARANoIR

Bench
Yoko passed away in 1997.

Yeah, Pitbull Anthony Durante died some time ago.

I've seen a few matches of Art Barr's and I can honestly say he was incredible. He could have been something special. I would be prepared to go out and say he would have been HUGE. He could go down as the biggest wasted talent of all time imo.

PPVs...

Jan - NYR & Royal Rumble
Feb - No Way Out
March - Wrestlemania
April - Wrestlemania & Backlash
May - Judgement Day
June - ECW
July - GAB & Vengeance ?
August - Summerslam
September - Unforgiven
October - No Mercy
November - Cyber Sunday & Survivor Series
December - Armageddon

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Didnt that huge guy from the WCW in the mid to late 90's die? Roadblock?

Which wrestler was given the nickname "The suplex machine"?

Latest posts