What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The young guns need their own thread

Fathead

Bench
Now we will see what the coach will do for next week,
If it was all about performance Green will hold his spot.

and if he doesnt what message does that send to him.. even subconciously....

I would love to see Hages come out and say - its all about performance gentlemen and in that regard Green stays.
AND if its all about performance - Tahu can spend a week in PL too !!! - wouldnt that wake up the players !

Avenger

Immortal
Finch is not a pimple on Green's arse and I don't care how many NRL games Finch has played. Its like saying Daniel Fitzhenry is better then Inu.

dazeely

First Grade
eels1986 said:
He did have some handling problems but he also was prepared to run the ball hard and straight. Looks good for depth.

Faasso should be exactly that - depth. Nothing else at this stage. Only playing 1st grade if injuries occur.

Fathead

Bench
dazeely said:
Faasso should be exactly that - depth. Nothing else at this stage. Only playing 1st grade if injuries occur.

I would like to see him, Fuifui and Paulo all in the team. A bunch of big bruisers. We would have a pack to smash even the dogs.

strider

Post Whore
Avenger said:
Finch is not a pimple on Green's arse and I don't care how many NRL games Finch has played. Its like saying Daniel Fitzhenry is better then Inu.
I think Tim Sheens would have words with you over that :lol: :lol:

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
Gotta love the comments from regular posters on this board questioning Inu's tackling? I think they should question their own player judgements as it isn't the first time they have been very wrong.

Well done Jakethesnake, people should listen to this bloke and more and less to the other Dennis groupies.

lucablight

First Grade
DanceMaster2000 said:
Gotta love the comments from regular posters on this board questioning Inu's tackling? I think they should question their own player judgements as it isn't the first time they have been very wrong.

Well done Jakethesnake, people should listen to this bloke and more and less to the other Dennis groupies.

I think I lost count the number of times Inu creamed the opposition in defence. He was outstanding.

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
lucablight said:
I think I lost count the number of times Inu creamed the opposition in defence. He was outstanding.

Exactly, he was portrayed by posters as a weak tackler. Any half decent football poster would've seen this as BS as he is no worse then Tahu and other centres.

He has a copy book tackling style. Reminds me of a hooker we had in 2001 and now at Souths..........

MrT

Juniors
Inu - " the best debut in the history of Rugby league"
at least i say so.

He played as if he has 100+ 1st grade games under his belt.

Tahu should not be picked ahead of him. Inu wants to play for Parra next year, Tahu doesn't. Imagine the wealth of eperience Inu will have if played for the rest of the year.

The boys were enjoying themselves out there.

Cingrats to hagan for picking the best possible team, and even starting with PJ.

Riddell is too slow for hooker

sooperdooper

First Grade
i have never thought inus defence was sus....its his ability to be a 'hog' that had him waiting so long.... there were a few times tonight where he should have passed to an outside or inside man but chose to try the impossible!
good debut but will learn

sooperdooper

First Grade
oh last but not least green did well and complimented smith and took alot of pressure off!
future is looking good but wont be surprised if they end up in PL
they played well against a weak raiders.... weak

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
Look, I may have been a tad harsh on my comments, however i'm sick to death of posters nit picking players traits instead of focusing on the positives. Inu's defense was questioned by members on this board? do they watch RL? as First grade is a step above lol

Anyway I just wish forum posters showed some more faith in our depth, it's terrific, any team that wins 2 first division Gf's in a row obviousily has depth, to question it is just stupid. The nuturing process begins.

jayman

Juniors
i know theres a few threads out there... but wats the situation with Green, Inu and Mateo in terms of signings?

I mean, theres no point talking about depth.. when other clubs like canberra manly and tigers are known for pillaging our players..

lets sign up now.. like eela said.. we do have money.. but lets upgrade and keep who we have got...

Stagger eel

Staff member
DanceMaster2000 said:
Look, I may have been a tad harsh on my comments, however i'm sick to death of posters nit picking players traits instead of focusing on the positives. Inu's defense was questioned by members on this board? do they watch RL? as First grade is a step above lol

Anyway I just wish forum posters showed some more faith in our depth, it's terrific, any team that wins 2 first division Gf's in a row obviousily has depth, to question it is just stupid. The nuturing process begins.

there's not a person here who ever doubted INU's potential nor his ability to step up to the plate he was always going to kill it tonight and the person who should be thanking is Hages who outcoached Canberra last Tuesday by naming the side but not naming Green, INU and Fa'Aosso on extended bench, infact up until pl ran out last night Canberra were expecting to be up against Finch, Reddy and Moimoi.

Some how the media got wind that Reddy was the replacement 2 days ago and when Damian Kelly got interviewed yesterday he resisted the temptation to tell the public that INU was making his debut, I had phone call from a mate at 6pm saying that he heard on the radio and didn't announce who would replace them when I approached Damian he just winked and said, well no one asked me who'd replace T so I didn't tell them.

INU was very very nervous before the game and wished him goodluck about hour and a half before kick off, despite the early blemish no doubt caused by nearves he definitely held his own and had a debut he'll remember for the rest of his life.

INU had a problem with his front on defence and it's fair to say that he wasn't really tested in the first three rounds which is why Hagan gently and discreatly slot him in the place of Tahu tonight, he's obviously worked hard in the off season kudos to him, Green is another who's taken his game to another level this year and has very much improved his kicking game.

these 2 guys deserved their chance were ALWAYS going to get it and have worked extremely hard to get it.

I also respect Jakes comments and he's knowledge on the juniors are very very good but even Jake in his desperation made a call last week when he predicted that Benny Smith won't score anymore than 3 trys this yea, well he bagged 2 tonight. ;-)

Pazza

First Grade
no body is going to walk into first grade being perfect, the fact is we got a good replacement from tahu that isnt costing us a arm and a leg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
great debut from Green and Inu

what I liked most about both of them was there defence, Green was very busy in defence and Inu laid on a few bone crunchers muck like Benny

on form Finchy should be in PL next week, depending on his injury, Tahu certainly wont, but I think Inu should now be given a chance when we have injuries rather than slotting Reddy in when we have an injury

Latest posts