What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Zeb Zeb Man

Stagger eel

Staff member
PB said:
i thought for a debut it was really good. His problem was he got caught out a few times around the ruck after making a tackle, but as you say as he adapts, he will only get better.

that will be fixed a with a few more games under his belt, he's real talent and probably the only positive to come out of today.

PB

Bench
eelavation said:
that will be fixed a with a few more games under his belt, he's real talent and probably the only positive to come out of today.

Agree. That, and the difference Tahu made in offence.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think it was a mistake to palce Guru and Tit on the same side...Sort of stacking all our eggs in one basket...

Pazza

First Grade
Good debut but made some really silly mistakes which i'm putting down to nerves.

Morenito

Juniors
eelavation said:
first half yes second half he was "where's wally"

The whole team went Wheres Wally in the second half. No fault of Tahu for the lack of activity in the 2nd as he didnt receive any quality ball his way.

yy_cheng

Coach
Besides the 1st few touches and some silly penalties, I thought Taia did quite well and improved as the game went on. He reminded me a bit of what Jack did the year before.

Although, I noticed he was a bit lazy in the markers, just not really anxious enough to get involved in the next tackle from the 2nd marker position.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree, mate.

Not a flawless debut by any means. But a very impressive one, once he got warmed up.

yy_cheng said:
Besides the 1st few touches and some silly penalties, I thought Taia did quite well and improved as the game went on. He reminded me a bit of what Jack did the year before.

Although, I noticed he was a bit lazy in the markers, just not really anxious enough to get involved in the next tackle from the 2nd marker position.

I think he just got caught out with pace of the game.....strength wise though...he Showed he can do it. I would definately leave him in 2nd row.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
I think he just got caught out with pace of the game.....strength wise though...he Showed he can do it. I would definately leave him in 2nd row.

one small mercy out of the weekend is the form of both Jack and Weller...they murdered St Marys out wide.

eelavation said:
one small mercy out of the weekend is the form of both Jack and Weller...they murdered St Marys out wide.

We might as well put the whole Forward pack of the 2004 Flegg team in now...the would do better than those softies that performed yesterday!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
We might as well put the whole Forward pack of the 2004 Flegg team in now...the would do better than those softies that performed yesterday!!

tend to agree..despite the fact that I believe Smithy will give Caylo, vella and Stringer as much time as possible to come good.

Bigfella

Coach
Absolutely must stay. Only Riddell, Zeb and Tsoulos met the advantage line today in the forward pack. Stringer, Cayless, Vella, ODwyer in particular were not good enough with ball in hand. Zeb has pace and commitment. Unfortunately at present this makes him unique in our pack...

Morrison, Hindmarsh (as he develops his match fitness and don't forget players like Hodges took 2 years to do so after knee surgery), Fui, PJ, will bring some more pace and dynamic running with them. They will then complement the ball players in the pack.

Until then Zeb has to stay. By then he will have improved and hopefully demanding a spot!

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
If it were up to me, Robinson wouldnt figure for a starting spot.

he may not be flashy but I thought Tim missed his protection yesterday. I think we might need Robo at this stage.

Utey

Coach
With Morrison coming back hopefully, Tim will be right. Getting targeted isnt helping but he has to deal with it. Apart of being the halfback.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Zeb showed his inexperience by giving away some silly penalties, but at the end of the day he was impressive

has a good motor, he just keeps on going and has a very high work rate

yy_cheng

Coach

No way would I drop him. Pick of the forwards. I agree that he was probably shocked by how fast things went.

But after he stood up to the panther mob who was trying to belt him with every touch, he came out soo much more confident and stood tall.

I think he also realizes (or someone mentioned it to him) that trying to throw speculative passes is not his job at the moment.

He did good.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Someone please tell Justin to make tackles instead of shoulder charges. Sure they are spectacular but what happens when he bumps the player and they go through a gap and score?