What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Zeb Zeb Man

sooperdooper

First Grade
i think zeb did great, first few touchs and tackles the nerves did show!
he just got around it and did well!
i would keep him there!
i think we miss adam peek, sure he is not flashy but he is a rock in defence!
i remember an article from last year where smithy used to pick his team on defence first!
it doesnt seem this is there this year?!?!

well done zeb

sooperdooper

First Grade
i also think the mistakes zeb made came down to nerves and lack of experience! the pace did get to him... but he did great

Stagger eel

Staff member
sooperdooper said:
i also think the mistakes zeb made came down to nerves and lack of experience! the pace did get to him... but he did great

Zeb will be a better player for the run yesterday, I'd say he could potentially cause a great deal of grief for any opposition after he adapts to the pace of the game.

Pazza

First Grade
I still think Hindmarsh, Morrison, Robinson and Widders are our best back rowers. I'd like to see Zeb get a good 10 games this season and then have him taking Widders role next season.

sooperdooper

First Grade
eelavation said:
Zeb will be a better player for the run yesterday, I'd say he could potentially cause a great deal of grief for any opposition after he adapts to the pace of the game.

spot on...

lucablight

First Grade
Pazza said:
I still think Hindmarsh, Morrison, Robinson and Widders are our best back rowers. I'd like to see Zeb get a good 10 games this season and then have him taking Widders role next season.

I would rate Taia better than Robinson even after only one game.

yy_cheng

Coach
IMO, it's the blend of styles in the pack and how they work together is what makes the difference.

A pack full of Moi Moi's might play well for the 1st 20mins but then after, they'll get creamed.

The workers in my mind are Hindy, Morro, Chad, Wagon and partially Widders.

Against the Panthers, Hindy was the only real worker in the pack and he had a very unhindy like game.

Pazza

First Grade
lucablight said:
I would rate Taia better than Robinson even after only one game.

Our defence was Horride against the Pathers. One of the main reasons was because Morrison and Robinson where out. These 2 make a ton of tackles and do them effectively. I think Taia will be a great player, much better than Robinson but the team needs tight, fast, fit defenders ala Morrison and Robinson.

Taia would be the first player inline incase one of the back rowers cant play. But i cant see him holding a fulltime first grade position till next season. Taia is a great player but needs some games on and off this season. A strong offseason then he will be ready to go.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I tend to agree.

Robinson has looked like one of our fitter forwards thud far.

He isn't flashy in attack, but he's really good defensively. Plus I thought before he got son-binned against the Cowboys, he was running straight and hard and playing well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
I tend to agree.

Robinson has looked like one of our fitter forwards thud far.

He isn't flashy in attack, but he's really good defensively. Plus I thought before he got son-binned against the Cowboys, he was running straight and hard and playing well.

he'll be straight in the 17, no problems about that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
Hope so.

I reckon he offers more than poor old Wags, these days...

Wags did make a successful return in PL...

3 passes

6 hit ups

sh*tload of tackles..

the bottom tackles and hitups were typical but 3 passes???..wow.

sooperdooper

First Grade
robinson is missed, i guess some people have been critical of him as he isnt flashy etc. but without him there it makes a difference

Pazza

First Grade
Take a couple of tough gritty defenders out of the side and bad things happen.

Eelementary

Post Whore
eelavation said:
Wags did make a successful return in PL...

3 passes

6 hit ups

sh*tload of tackles..

the bottom tackles and hitups were typical but 3 passes???..wow.

I just don't understand Wagsy...We've all seen him throw some beautiful passes (the one to Burt from the scrum against the Cowboys last year immediately springs to mind), and yet he doesn't do it often...

He is a talented and passionate bloke, but he just doesn't do it all the time...

Hurriflatch

Referee
Eelementary said:
I just don't understand Wagsy...We've all seen him throw some beautiful passes (the one to Burt from the scrum against the Cowboys last year immediately springs to mind), and yet he doesn't do it often...

He is a talented and passionate bloke, but he just doesn't do it all the time...

Quality is better then Quantity

The Colonel

Immortal
Wags has always been the bloke they put on the key attacking player. Watch the replay of the game against the Sharks last year at Toyota. Before Wags went off he was monstering Kimmorley every time he had the ball. In the second half they almost came back and beat us. Wags does the 1% jobs that need to be done. As maligned as he can be for not passing the ball if he is given a job he normally does it.

Latest posts