What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is no conspiracy!!!

Stinkler

Juniors
The only thing that went our way was being given 1 extra tackle.
The Cowboys got given 4 extra sets of 6 tackles thru 50/50 penalties.

I'll keep my hat. Thanks.

Card Shark

Immortal
The only thing that went our way was being given 1 extra tackle.
The Cowboys got given 4 extra sets of 6 tackles thru 50/50 penalties.

I'll keep my hat. Thanks.

But that is all we will hear about all week - how the Cowboys were robbed.

I'm telling ya, the refs knew they f**ked up & were squaring up in the rest of the game. They gave us almost nothing after that.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Being there and watching the game in front of a packed Cronulla house....we got nuthin apart from that tackle, amazed it is headline news of the day.

Quigs

Immortal
It has got me worried. I have not got the HARTLEY to tell them all the real story of 7 tackle tries.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Being there and watching the game in front of a packed Cronulla house....we got nuthin apart from that tackle, amazed it is headline news of the day.
The team winning by a 2 point margin with a try on the seventh tackle in a finals knock out game should hardly be worth a mention, should it ???

shadowboxer

First Grade
A mention yes....the only thing anyone is talking about...no. Doesnt matter either way, we continue on, until tomorrows headline news "Paul Gallen is a descendant of Jack the Ripper"

Pig Champion

Juniors
The team winning by a 2 point margin with a try on the seventh tackle in a finals knock out game should hardly be worth a mention, should it ???

If that try was scored in the last 2 minutes of the game to give cronulla a 2 point win then yes very mentionable.

However it was in the 7th minute. If it was 6 tackles instead at that moment infinite possibilities arise.

Also how about a forward pass not called, a strip called a knock on, an offside player allowed to tackle and a million other calls made or not made, all impact on the result.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I watched the game with Cows supporters, we all agree the better team won the game.

The refs are a joke, holy f**k.

They don't want Cronulla in this comp, it's pretty fkn obvious from where I'm sitting.

The Enforcer

Juniors
If that try was scored in the last 2 minutes of the game to give cronulla a 2 point win then yes very mentionable.

However it was in the 7th minute. If it was 6 tackles instead at that moment infinite possibilities arise.

Also how about a forward pass not called, a strip called a knock on, an offside player allowed to tackle and a million other calls made or not made, all impact on the result.
Apart from the 7th tackle mistake, all of your other examples of poor calls (in your opinion) are judgement calls from the referees. As Daniel Anderson admitted after the game, the referees have so called " fail safe" procedures that somehow failed.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
One of the biggest media beat-ups in a long time IMO. The error occurred early in the tackle count and both teams were playing the set out oblivious to the error. Feel sorry for the cows.......if only it had happened against the stains or manly it would have been faarrken hilarious . That's footy unfortunately...what's to say we won't get dudded somewhere along the way next week.

The Enforcer

Juniors
One of the biggest media beat-ups in a long time IMO. The error occurred early in the tackle count and both teams were playing the set out oblivious to the error. Feel sorry for the cows.......if only it had happened against the stains or manly it would have been faarrken hilarious . That's footy unfortunately...what's to say we won't get dudded somewhere along the way next week.
What difference does it make when the error occurred in the tackle count and of course both teams were oblivious to how many tackles there were.

PHaTMaN

Juniors

Exaclty, pizzes me off they keep banging on about it. What about the fact the cows were offside about 40 times and didnt get penalised for it. We should have had a lot more than 1 extra tackle.

Sharkman

Juniors
We got pumped all game long. What was it, 20 mins until the first of the three penalties the Viws gave away?

Shadows right, square up all game long.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
What difference does it make when the error occurred in the tackle count and of course both teams were oblivious to how many tackles there were.

The difference being when taga went on his blockbusting run he was doing it on the basis that it was the fifth tackle (not the last). He had no intention of passing rather was just setting us up for a "last tackle play". It wasn't like the ref gave us a sixth tackle two plays in a row. Still find it funny that there has been hardly a whisper about the timekeeping error which potentially could have been an even bigger story!

The Enforcer

Juniors
Unfortunately games don't come down to who was the better team, it's who scores the most points and some people can live with an incorrect split second decision from a ref, but not an error that has a so called fail safe plan in place.