What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is no conspiracy!!!

Card Shark

Immortal
Thurston....he dared mention the term 'conspiracy'......hang on...haven't I heard that term used before.

Don't they have 3 JTs in their team .

Conspiracy, my arse! We finished 5th & they finished 8th, luckily.

Next year they be better served playing better to be in the top 4.

drago brelli

Bench
Henry chose his words very carefully. Cronulla fans shouldn't take this whole thing personally. No one is blaming Cronulla, they just played to the whistle.

Seriously what a bunch of whingers, never have i seen such rubbish in my life, read the courier mail comments for a laugh at how deluded some people are

Drawing some long friggin bows here about it deciding the game, it hardly gave us an unattainable lead with minimal time on the clock, it drew us level from a deficit very early in the contest

How about focusing on the shit defense that allowed us to get that far up the field for the extra tackle to have the impact it did

How about focusing on the fact that the cowboys had the WHOLE game to prove they were the better side and deserved to advance over us?

Then there is the time keeper stuff up, which I suspect was a square up...

f**king let it go, shit happens all the time to EVERYONE!

Clutching to what ifs and claiming a certain outcome would have occurred is simply ridiculous! A straight mathematical deduction does not derive a new outcome, removing that event changes so many dynamics

We are coping the brunt of the backlash here due to hyper sensitivity for an incident Manly got away with last year, which WAS cheating since Foran's admission to touching the ball

Why should our team and the fans feel guilty for winning this game when the side did what they should have done and that's played to the whistle?? One of the key principles instilled into you as a young fella when taking up the game!

No one knew for quite some time that the miscount had even occurred!

Calling for a rematch is the f**king stupidest thing I've ever heard!

Not only are you disadvantaging Cronulla for something they had no control over, the sharks would be at an immediate disadvantage due to key injuries sustained throughout the match who are all pushing it to be ready for Friday let alone a Wednesday night rematch!

Then there is the *risk of nullifying both teams in further stages of the finals due to multiple high intensity games over a shorter timeframe which in turn leads to shorter recovery and then of course higher risk of injury! Essentially teams playing busted, it would simply degrade the finals

Seriously anyone who supports this notion is a dead set f**king moron!

The wave of support and the demands for a rematch are astounding, lets be serious here *they shouldn't even be contesting finals footy, they've had an average season, sacked their coach and I say that with all due respect

The better side won on the day, cowboys were only in the game due to a couple of gifted opportunities and that's the truth!

Having a monumental dummy spit isn't going to change what happened, playing better football and getting on with the job will!

Enjoy mad monday fellas, see you next year!

quitpot

Juniors
From under 6s to first grade one rule remains the same. Play to the whistle. I do love hearing those northerners whinge though LOL

fizzgig

Juniors
How about a three round MMA match between Captains Wednesday night so it's only them who have to back up?

I'd pay to see that!

Shorty

Staff member
Not the Sharks' fault, certainly don't think the game should be overturned.
But it's not that difficult to count to 6, especially when there's multiple people doing the counting.
This coupled with lack of exposure and a history of controversial finals exits has pushed a lot of fans and the players to boiling point I think.
Thurston could have held his tongue but I don't see what Neil Henry said wrong?

Madsharkie

First Grade
Meh. It's an emotional game. I can't blame the cowboys fans for being disappointed, cause us sharks fans have been in the same situation many a time. Shit of a way to lose when poor refereeing is involved. Some people should just shut the fugg up though. It's done and dusted.
Go the sharks!

Card Shark

Immortal
The situation is not as bad as a dodgy video ref call & we have seen plenty of those this year.

In those circumstances it is a fine line between try & no-try. In this situation, we actually ran the ball on the last tackle & with clever hands, scored in the corner.

The carry on is as though they awarded the try BECAUSE they stuffed up the tackle count.

Shorty

Staff member
It's not the end of the world but mistakes like this shouldn't happen, same with the Storm/Rabbits game, it's finals football
The referees, to me, appear to be getting worse at calls and not better.

I would like to see a bit of media hysteria over some of the dodgy calls we have been on the receiving end of, but it won't ever happen. Maybe if our most high profile celebrity fan Dave Faulkner was a gazillionaire things could be a bit different ?