What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is no conspiracy!!!

The Enforcer

Juniors
The difference being when taga went on his blockbusting run he was doing it on the basis that it was the fifth tackle (not the last). He had no intention of passing rather was just setting us up for a "last tackle play". It wasn't like the ref gave us a sixth tackle two plays in a row. Still find it funny that there has been hardly a whisper about the timekeeping error which potentially could have been an even bigger story!
Makes no difference about what taga did whenever he did it. The try was scored on a tackle that should never have been.Being Caringbah born, i don't mind seeing the Sharks win, but this error was a shocker.

Feej

First Grade
Reading some of the comments here and in the general media today, I love the way everyone somehow thinks this is *our* fault and that the Cowboys should be awarded the game, or there should be a midweek replay.

What's the difference between one extra tackle, and a player deemed to have played at a kick when he hasn't, giving the kicking team another six tackles? That kind of call happens almost weekly in the NRL.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Reading some of the comments here and in the general media today, I love the way everyone somehow thinks this is *our* fault and that the Cowboys should be awarded the game, or there should be a midweek replay.

What's the difference between one extra tackle, and a player deemed to have played at a kick when he hasn't, giving the kicking team another six tackles? That kind of call happens almost weekly in the NRL.
If people are saying that the Cowboys should be awarded the game or a mid week replay should take place, give yourself an uppercut for taking them with any level of seriousness. Again i will say that referees make split second decisions that are incorrect and can affect the outcome of a game, however the referees boss said that the referees have a so called fail safe procedure which should never fail.

Feej

First Grade
If people are saying that the Cowboys should be awarded the game or a mid week replay should take place, give yourself an uppercut for taking them with any level of seriousness. Again i will say that referees make split second decisions that are incorrect and can affect the outcome of a game, however the referees boss said that the referees have a so called fail safe procedure which should never fail.

Don't worry, I'm not taking them seriously. I do agree however that the mistake should never have happened with all the people supposedly counting the tackles. Anyway, it's done now, so onwards and upwards.

Quigs

Immortal
Press Release from the Grassy Knoll HQ.

Yes there is a Conspiracy. We have been caught out.

Its that Sharks thang though. We have learnt well from out 1978 experiences and engaged the services of a referee.

But this is where we have made a bad choice. Back in 78 Uncle Kenny got the Hartley and in 2013 who do we pick....... think about it..... who do we pick.?

Yep Chechin.

Now do you reckon he will be officiating next week. Our bitch won't be picked.

Card Shark

Immortal

Understand your anger mate, particularly after you were dudded last year - much later in the game if I recollect, when there was less time to change the course of the game.

What is the "fail safe procedure" Anderson speaks about?

The Enforcer

Juniors
Understand your anger mate, particularly after you were dudded last year - much later in the game if I recollect, when there was less time to change the course of the game.

What is the "fail safe procedure" Anderson speaks about?
Good question and he wasn't as clear with that as what he should have been.
Maybe he is too embarrassed too tell us because of how NOT fail safe it is.
Maybe one of the refs doesn't have all of his fingers ??

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Makes no difference about what taga did whenever he did it. The try was scored on a tackle that should never have been.Being Caringbah born, i don't mind seeing the Sharks win, but this error was a shocker.

That's where you're wrong. The sharks were just playing the set out as per the ref's call that it was the fifth tackle. If the freaks on channel 9 hadn't made such an issue about it we would have been none the wiser (as were the players) . Time to move on..... We should be talking about what a sensational game it was rather than an error that happened in the seventh minute that wasn't even picked up by the commentators till later in the game.

Feej

First Grade
Time to move on..... We should be talking about what a sensational game it was rather than an error that happened in the seventh minute that wasn't even picked up by the commentators till later in the game.

Unfortunately thats not gonna happen, especially with such bastions of the media like the telecrap having their say.

coolumsharkie

Referee
That's where you're wrong. The sharks were just playing the set out as per the ref's call that it was the fifth tackle. If the freaks on channel 9 hadn't made such an issue about it we would have been none the wiser (as were the players) . Time to move on..... We should be talking about what a sensational game it was rather than an error that happened in the seventh minute that wasn't even picked up by the commentators till later in the game.

Summed it up perfectly.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Unfortunately thats not gonna happen, especially with such bastions of the media like the telecrap having their say.

Exactly......their hobby horse has been the Asada shit all year. Now their attention will turn to how inept the ref's are for the remainder of the season. It's like the footy is just secondary news. All about a sensational headline.....faarrkwits.

Since 73

First Grade
I couldnt give a rats.
I wish it was on the 10th.
So what if we need 7 tackles to score. We can play a whole game in 70 minutes.
Change the rules and we'd win the comp.

Cowboys should go and get farkked anyway. Theres a decent bloke in Henry who they got sacked.
Hes done nothing different in the past 7 weeks.
They didnt have a go in the first 20 and when the board punted the coach they started to...as usual.

How they can look the bloke in the eye as he wonders where has this been all hear is beyond me.

Karma thurston.... You didnt deserve to be there

You are dead right feej

Regardless of the outcome it was a mistake non the less and is no different to any other incorrect call

teams get full sets of six they weren't entitled to off the back of incorrect calls, it happens all the time

some people are f**king stupid, what are we going to do now, start looking at results over the course of the season and come up with some bullshit that certain teams should have made the finals because they were ripped off more than others?

typical Qld whinge / beat up, it happened in the 7th minute, great teams overcome adversity, if they were good enough they would have won the game, simple as that

the right team won, bias aside

Stinkler

Juniors
After they are told about it.
Channel 9 missed it until they were told.
Cows didn't even know until they were told.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I'm hearing there's a pretty good chance Matt Cecchin will get the arse over the seven tackle try. Some would say that's a fair punishment......he may see it as a reward though!

The Popper

Bench
Bec's mate, James Hooper, who also appears to hate Cronulla, is on the Footy Show Today. His bitter thoughts are trickling thru.