What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is NO WAY that there was 14,000 at the Mon game Vs. Manly (figures were fudged)

Where the croed figure fudged 4 this game Vs. Manly?

• Total voters

ClintDogg

Juniors
I was at this game, and theres NO WAY that there was 14,000 people there. When the figure was announced (thru the very poor quality speaqkers with garbage bags over them), just about every1 in the crowd said "14, ooo?, they got that wrong", or "no way theres 14,000 people at this game".

No1 was hardly sitting anywhere around and seats were empty all over the place.

Figures were fudged.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/...52&title=knights-thank-their-courageous-crowd

ClintDogg

Juniors
Sorry about the Poll, I cant edit it. it should read.................

Where the crowd figures fudged 4 this game Vs. Manly?

Noname36

First Grade
From where I was sitting there seemed to be a lot more than there was at our late home game.

Apey

Staff member
I am almost certain the crowd was announced after half-time.

You know, after it had been raining and everyone went undercover. Is that what you're basing this on? It seems like that's what some people are basing it on, which I think is pretty stupid.

The southern hill looked quite a bit more packed at kick-off than the previous home game, and where I was sitting at the eastern grandstand was quite a bit more full than previously also.

I am in the lower half of the Eastern stand though so I can't see up the top.

People are giving too much credit to a 14,000 crowd anyway. It's not *that* many people speaking respectively to decent crowds of 16k - 18k. It's not that out of the question, is what I'm trying to say.

I guess it depends how much you think they were 'fudged' by. I reckon there were at least 12k.

ClintDogg

Juniors
I am almost certain the crowd was announced after half-time.

You know, after it had been raining and everyone went undercover. Is that what you're basing this on? It seems like that's what some people are basing it on, which I think is pretty stupid.

The southern hill looked quite a bit more packed at kick-off than the previous home game, and where I was sitting at the eastern grandstand was quite a bit more full than previously also.

I am in the lower half of the Eastern stand though so I can't see up the top.

People are giving too much credit to a 14,000 crowd anyway. It's not *that* many people speaking respectively to decent crowds of 16k - 18k. It's not that out of the question, is what I'm trying to say.

I guess it depends how much you think they were 'fudged' by. I reckon there were at least 12k.

yeah i get you. It was more like 8k.

Apey

Staff member
It would have been 20k had they known ClintDogg was making an appearance.

ClintDogg

Juniors
20k? Dont u meant 40k?.

Anyways, Im a foundation member, been going to EVERY home game since 1988, missed about 4 or 5 in that whole time.

Dutchy

Immortal
Is that because of the 4 or 5 kids parties you have been asked to clown.. I mean DJ at?

ClintDogg

Juniors
Is that because of the 4 or 5 kids parties you have been asked to clown.. I mean DJ at?

yes. Kids get in free. Make the crowd look bigger than what it is.

Thanks 4 clearing that up.

Now back to the Topic/Subject

Thanks.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
Clint, you should definitely put your budding 'DJ' career on hold to go back and access any available footage of the game and count to amount of people of attendance. This undertaking is almost certainly the best contribution that society can expect from you.

Godspeed Mr Ardvark, Godspeed.

perverse

Referee
shouldn't you be busy filling out centrelink forms or building your resume or something, Clinty D?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: I love how people say "there is/isn't/was/wasn't x amount of people at "insert game here" :crazy:

The only one's who know are those who actually count the crowd...

Serc

First Grade
I didn't know those barcode scanner thingy's were people JD :p (or the computers that tally the results!)

Clint you should join Broncos2010 as a nominee for the most pointless contributor in the entire League unlimited forums combined. What will come form the fudged figures you are so adamant about? Nowt. The Rorters have been doing it for years some say. Can it be proven. No. The only time it would be an issue is if the inflated figures lead to a discrepancy in the books. Clint, season ticket holders are generally counted as automatic attendees as they already have payed to attend all games pre season. Whether they turn up or not is not relevant. It is still a ticket sold and that is all they rely on. Again the knights may or may not follow that rule but i imagine they would.