What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They still don't get it

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Simostorm, in case you forgot, the Melbourne Storm cheated the competition, the fans and 15 other clubs.

So Gallop showed some dignity in not reacting to the bs coming from Bellyache. Big deal.

Bellamy was handed the award ahead of Griffin who was more deserving, and he couldn't show an ounce of grace. The Storm were lucky not to be chucked out of the comp. They received some charity and then respond in this manner.

brad_19

Juniors
Yeah worked hard to cheat

Neither the coaches nor the players knew that the club was cheating the cap. Extensive investigations have revealed this. The coaches and players worked exceptionally hard to win the premierships - what is revealed in hindsight does not change the effort that was put in. You're not gaurenteed a premiership for having a star studded list as 06 and 08 showed. Due to the fact that it was negligence of our CEO that resulted in the title, I will always feel as though we won. I was at the games, I have the DVD's and memorabilia, and the celebrations are not any less vivid because Wikipedia puts a couple of N/A's in the 07 and 09 premiership column. You guys can think what you like and we can think what we want. Officially, they are scrapped - unofficially, they will always be ours and thats enough for me.

POPEYE

Coach
I quote enjoyed hearing Bellamy deliver that speech with gallop standing a few feet behind him..

I don't think the question asked Bellamy was appropriate for the occasion. It clearly caught Craig offguard and the purpose of it was questionable.

I'm happy with his response even though he would have thought the question in bad taste. Bellamy had no choice but to answer the way he did and keep faith with supporters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Neither the coaches nor the players knew that the club was cheating the cap. Extensive investigations have revealed this. The coaches and players worked exceptionally hard to win the premierships - what is revealed in hindsight does not change the effort that was put in. You're not gaurenteed a premiership for having a star studded list as 06 and 08 showed. Due to the fact that it was negligence of our CEO that resulted in the title, I will always feel as though we won. I was at the games, I have the DVD's and memorabilia, and the celebrations are not any less vivid because Wikipedia puts a couple of N/A's in the 07 and 09 premiership column. You guys can think what you like and we can think what we want. Officially, they are scrapped - unofficially, they will always be ours and thats enough for me.

I'm going out tomorrow to steal the Mona Lisa. When I've got it home me and the whole AlwaysGreen clan are going to celebrate. Officially we won't own it, but unofficially it's ours and that's enough for me.

sting

Bench
I'll nominate Popeye for idiot of the year with this pearler.

Do manly, st George and eels fans ever stop to wonder what it would be like to support a team first, an hate another second?

It like if the storm quit the comp, many of these fans would off themselves as they Would no longer have purpose

When suddenly, a new contender emerges.

northwest, give yourself an uppercut. A massive portion of this forum spends far more time deathriding and talking shit about the likes of St George and Manly than discussing their own miserable team. You are an idiot.

sting

Bench
The bullshit thing though is Bellamy is somewhat right. The scumbags did get to experience the feeling of winning a premiership, and they reaped the benefits. The problem is that can never be taken away from them, despite the fact they don't deserve it. Hell, even the fans got to experience that feeling which other fans were robbed of.

I feel sorry for all the fans of Parra, Manly, Warriors, Saints, any team they ever beat in the finals or grand final for having their hopes taken away by a bunch of cheating merkins.

How do you ever compensate for that? It can never be changed.

Hell, I even feel sorry for lol@50uff$ fans that lost to cheating Scum teams during the regular season as those 2 points could have got them into the finals and we wouldn't have as much ammo to lol @ them (obviously we still would but that's beside the point.

Every player who still has a tattoo, or fond memories of their cheating should be ashamed of themselves and every person who has ever been associated with the Melbourne Storm 2006-2010 players, coaching staff, admin staff and fans owe everybody else in the game a massive apology.

Lowlife piece of shit scumbags

brad_19

Juniors
I'm going out tomorrow to steal the Mona Lisa. When I've got it home me and the whole AlwaysGreen clan are going to celebrate. Officially we won't own it, but unofficially it's ours and that's enough for me.

As I said, you can think what you like - doesn't faze me one bit. I was there and saw the victory's so for me, they will always feel like a win. The emotion of the occasion doesn't disappear because the spineless twirp (Gallop) comes out and decides to erase them.

sting

Bench
As I said, you can think what you like - doesn't faze me one bit. I was there and saw the victory's so for me, they will always feel like a win. The emotion of the occasion doesn't disappear because the spineless twirp (Gallop) comes out and decides to erase them.

Yeah but the emotion of the occasion is something you don't deserve.

So you would be proud of stealing something from someone? Something that meant a lot to them? You're a real piece of work.

And you have the audacity to have a go at Gallop for handing you an extremely light punishment.

Matt23

Staff member
You should be directing your hatred towards Waldron & the rest of the crooks, not Gallop, you should be thanking your lucky stars that the Storm didn't get booted out of the comp :roll:I think we just discovered Butters' other account

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Wouldn't the spineless thing to do be not strip the titles? Keep thinking the storm won in those years. It won't faze anyone else one bit.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Just one thing on this. Don't you Storm supporters for one second think that the players were absolved of any involvement or knowledge in that rorting.
They all refused to answer the questions of the auditors and investigators. That does not make them innocent by any stretch.
If anyone can sit there and say with a straight face that a player who signs one contract emblazened with NRL logos all over it and then signs a second or third contract which is kept hush hush, does not think that that is suspicious on so many levels, is having a major lend of themselves.
And does anyone seriously think that these contracts that were signed on the quiet and hidden so well were done so without players being told to not mention anything? hahaha comme on. Would defeat the purpose of the copious amounts of deception that went on if you weren't warning players to keep things on the down low.
If there was nothing to hide, why not answer the questions?? The ATO won't take no for an answer.

Greenbits

Juniors
It goes beyond them keeping the players they developed. They were still quite active in the player market. For example, they out bid Canberra for Hinchcliffe, they purchased Finch from Parra (released but Im sure other clubs were interested) and Crocker from Roosters. If the obscene amount of money they had spent on Slater, Smith, Inglis and Cronk had been correctly counted under the cap they would have had less money for other players. The quality of the spine may have remained the same, but the support players would have been inferior. Would they have still won? Possibly but we will never know. Simple matter is they cheated to attract those players to the club and to lure them away from other clubs and they got caught. Time they manned up.

brad_19

Juniors
Yeah but the emotion of the occasion is something you don't deserve.

So you would be proud of stealing something from someone? Something that meant a lot to them? You're a real piece of work.

And you have the audacity to have a go at Gallop for handing you an extremely light punishment.

Be that as it may, we only found out in hindsight that it was the negligence of our CEO that caused it. I didn't cheat, the coach didn't cheat and the players didn't cheat. The club worked as hard as any other premiership side to achieve success that year, and that deserves some credit. Fair enough if everyone from the CEO to the bootstudder knew we were cheating, but the fact was that everyone (bar a select group of executives) were oblivous to the matter until 6 months after the 09 trophy had been lifted.

Unless you're in our shoes, you have no right to tell us how to feel. I am always proud of what our club has achieved and haters can keep hating - will just make the next one so much sweeter.

sting

Bench
It goes beyond them keeping the players they developed. They were still quite active in the player market. For example, they out bid Canberra for Hinchcliffe, they purchased Finch from Parra (released but Im sure other clubs were interested) and Crocker from Roosters. If the obscene amount of money they had spent on Slater, Smith, Inglis and Cronk had been correctly counted under the cap they would have had less money for other players. The quality of the spine may have remained the same, but the support players would have been inferior. Would they have still won? Possibly but we will never know. Simple matter is they cheated to attract those players to the club and to lure them away from other clubs and they got caught. Time they manned up.

Yeah this as well! And weren't the making a bid for Mason like 3 weeks before they got caught?

sting

Bench
Be that as it may, we only found out in hindsight that it was the negligence of our CEO that caused it. I didn't cheat, the coach didn't cheat and the players didn't cheat. The club worked as hard as any other premiership side to achieve success that year, and that deserves some credit. Fair enough if everyone from the CEO to the bootstudder knew we were cheating, but the fact was that everyone (bar a select group of executives) were oblivous to the matter until 6 months after the 09 trophy had been lifted.

That's an absolute lie.

Unless you're in our shoes, you have no right to tell us how to feel. I am always proud of what our club has achieved and haters can keep hating - will just make the next one so much sweeter.

Well I would be ashamed if I were you.

That fact that none of you are just adds to why everyone hates you all so much.

DJShaksta

First Grade

Explain to me how Gallop is spineless for punishing a club that played outside the rules.

Latest posts