What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This weeks side is a worry

PIG

Juniors
IMHO the side we have named to take the field this week is a big concern.

We're missing McKinnon, Petersen and Tahu and have in their place a rookie with one previous first grade game, a liability and a lock forward.

We're also missing a huge part of our defence in Morrison, who basically controls all the opponents inside balls and does a hell of a lot of cleanup work with the right side defence...also he can go the 80 mins.

Having a Wags/Burt combo worries me....there is dead set 0 attack there and there will be confusion in defence.

Reddy is very inexperienced and may have troubles defusing their kicking game and organising the defence.

I think we're putting out our weakest team in a long while...don't get me wrong we still have the class to take it to Saints- but I have fears for us and reckon we're gonna need a lot of things to go our way- put it this way, we won't win the game with 50% or less of the ball.

TheParraboy

Staff member
On paper, we should get flogged, or lose quite easily

If we do win, the premiership is so ours :cool:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I actually don't mind being in this situation, we're virtually playing without any pressure, Saints have got all the media glory this week and we've lost two key players. It just might backfire on them.

What ever the case all i ask of our blokes is to play to their ability and we'll give em run, a real run.

PIG

Juniors
eelavation said:
I actually don't mind being in this situation, we're virtually playing without any pressure, Saints have got all the media glory this week and we've lost two key players. It just might backfire on them.

What ever the case all i ask of our blokes is to play to their ability and we'll give em run, a real run.

Yeah- we can definately win it for sure....our forwards and halves are gonna have top have stormers because the backline is very, very weak.

Hurriflatch

Referee
It is actually quiet similar to the game against the cowboys in round 9

Cowboys went into the game as premiership favorites all the media talking up a Brisbane v Cowboys grand final etc

Parra having a lot of big names out (ironically Tahu will miss both games) a player playing against his former club (Cowboys - Morrison, Dragons - Riddell).

As Eela said Parra will have no pressure in this game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PIG said:
Yeah- we can definately win it for sure....our forwards and halves are gonna have top have stormers because the backline is very, very weak.

there's no doubt each of the 17 need to pick up and extra 15-20% in their tank to have some sort of chance, but it's not beyond us./

Glenn

First Grade
While I always hope Parramatta win, looking at it realistically if they lose and the players put in a 100%, no complaints.
Just look forward to getting revenge on Canberra the following week

Eelementary

Post Whore
PIG said:
IMHO the side we have named to take the field this week is a big concern.

We're missing McKinnon, Petersen and Tahu and have in their place a rookie with one previous first grade game, a liability and a lock forward.

We're also missing a huge part of our defence in Morrison, who basically controls all the opponents inside balls and does a hell of a lot of cleanup work with the right side defence...also he can go the 80 mins.

Having a Wags/Burt combo worries me....there is dead set 0 attack there and there will be confusion in defence.

Reddy is very inexperienced and may have troubles defusing their kicking game and organising the defence.

I think we're putting out our weakest team in a long while...don't get me wrong we still have the class to take it to Saints- but I have fears for us and reckon we're gonna need a lot of things to go our way- put it this way, we won't win the game with 50% or less of the ball.

Mate, go easy.

Obviously you're not a Burt fan, but he's hardly put a foot wrong in recent weeks - give him a fair go.

Wagon and Burt combining for no attack? Mate, Burt's attack has been on fire in recent weeks.

I, too, am concerned about Wagon in the centres - but mainly because I think he is a better lock, and I am concerned as to whether Wags has the agility to contain Gasnier.

And regarding Reddy, I thought he was great against the Dogs.

True, they were under-strength and playing poorly. However, he did step up and position himself well in defence.

He'll be fine.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it really doesn't matter two hoots whether we win or loose this weekend

its how we are playing in about 6 weeks time, with a full strength team that matters

Eelementary

Post Whore
Also, we can match them physically with big forwards such as Cannings, Moi Moi and Stringer.

If our forwards perform, then we can breathe a bit easier.

Glenn

First Grade
Twizzle said:
it really doesn't matter two hoots whether we win or loose this weekend

its how we are playing in about 6 weeks time, with a full strength team that matters

Amen, dare I say a loss will help Parramatta to be out of the media spotlight in the run to the finals (well at least until the last round vs Bris)

PJ Marshal

Coach
ffs you gotta be able to perfrom in these situations

PIG all you ever do is look at everything from a negative point of view

ffs stop posting here

your posts are so lame you make the PJ Marshal Insulters look cool

fridge

yeh dude dont be so negative. look at things from another angle.

reddy gets a week experience in a pressure cooker game, how much better will he be for it. wagon, one of our best players is back, write him off if u want - remember when ppl wrote him off a couple years ago in state of origin saying he had no attack and he produced a brilliant offload. playing without quality players means the boys will have to want it more to win.

imagine if we beat saints with our severely understrength team. our confidence skyrockets, we give the side experience without a full team, and we're almost a lock to finish top 2 !

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Reddy will be a better player after having his debut last week, be positive, we'll do well, we may not win, but this is not the GF

yeh morro is out but wags will tighten up the defence a lot. and the good thing about wags is that he has the ability to pass but doesnt often, so when a good opportunity arises he slips the pass and catchs the defence napping.

i think reddy has shown better (or as good as) positioning that mckinnon has. we may miss wadeos defence.

Eelementary

Post Whore
PJ Marshal said:
ffs you gotta be able to perfrom in these situations

PIG all you ever do is look at everything from a negative point of view

ffs stop posting here

your posts are so lame you make the PJ Marshal Insulters look cool

Insulting PJ Marshal?

Mate, as Carlito says, "Das not cool."