What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This weeks side is a worry

Eelementary

Post Whore
PJ Marshal said:
Carlito is prob the coolest wwe wrestler going around other than chris jericho

I know eh!

Carlito is awesome, and Y2J is the Ayatollah of a Rock and Rollah!

Christian's pretty mad too I reckon.

I'm a Peep.

Also, I hope Matt Hardy kicks Edge's ass lol.

VERSION 1!

Hurriflatch

Referee
To be honest Reddy making his debut last week and getting a lot of media done on him was problably a good thing

Can you imagine the media attention Joel would've gotten this week considering it's

a) Against the Dragons
b) What his dad did in the '77 Grand Fina
c) the fact Robert Stone played in that game aswell

He would've got the front 5 pages and the back 20 pages devoted to him each day for the whole week in all 3 newspapers, the Big League and the RLW.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Eelementary said:
I know eh!

Carlito is awesome, and Y2J is the Ayatollah of a Rock and Rollah!

Christian's pretty mad too I reckon.

I'm a Peep.

Also, I hope Matt Hardy kicks Edge's ass lol.

VERSION 1!

word

the hurricane is gay tho, but stacey kiebler is hottt to trottt

Eelementary

Post Whore
Couldn't agree with you more, buddy.

The Hurricane is past his use-by date.

Ship him off to SmackDown! to compete with the other Cruiserweights I say.

PIG

Juniors
PJ Marshal said:
ffs you gotta be able to perfrom in these situations

PIG all you ever do is look at everything from a negative point of view

ffs stop posting here

your posts are so lame you make the PJ Marshal Insulters look cool

Just saying a point of view...

We'll struggle to win with the calibre of player we have out.

p.s- mate, you may think you're good, but 6,000+ posts on an internet forum most of which are try hard attempts at being funny aint cool.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
PIG said:

p.s- mate, you may think you're good, but 6,000+ posts on an internet forum most of which are try hard attempts at being funny aint cool.

:lol: :clap: :lol:

PJ Marshal

Coach
PIG said:

6000 + posts

and still know sh*tloads more than you

ffs if i wanted to i could be like hurriflatch and get all statistical on your ass but i wont, save you the embarassment of getting served

why dont you go ponder the negatives of life elsewhere douchebag

theicemandanno

Juniors
If anything, having Wags there in Defence will be better than Tahu?

Why?

Well, we know Tahu can pull of the big hit. But if you look over recent weeks it has been misreads by either him or Timmy over that side which have led to tries. Having Wags there will cover both Timmy and Burt.

Of course, no Tahu will reduce the attack on that side....I mean Tahu has been on fire and thru his offloads has made Burt look better. So what! We have Big Ben and Guru Jr on the other side of the field...and im sure Hindy and Fui Fui wouldnt mind running down Wags side.

People are scared of Gasnier. IMHO Cooper is a bigger loss, he has better defence than Gasnier.

And with no Morro, why are people so negative about Perenara playing. He will have a point to prove, being an ex Dragon jsut like Piggy. We will have Cannings and Fui coming off the bench for this one also.....last time round the DragQueens didnt meet Fui Fui.

One of the sides is going to choke massively this Sunday. The pressure for this match is firmly on the shoulders of the Dragons. They have a history of choking, just as we do. Added to that is the fact that no side that has beaten the Broncos this year has won the following week.

Theyre at home, theyre being hyped..........will they choke?

PIG

Juniors
PJ Marshal said:
6000 + posts

and still know sh*tloads more than you

ffs if i wanted to i could be like hurriflatch and get all statistical on your ass but i wont, save you the embarassment of getting served

why dont you go ponder the negatives of life elsewhere douchebag

mate fire away...I wouldn't be too embarassed being served by a 70kg stringbean keyboard warrior.

Don't worry dude, fantasising over 80's heros and John Morris is the normal thing cool people do

p.s your big danoz amber shades fascination is not cool either

Stagger eel

Staff member
PIG said:
mate fire away...I wouldn't be too embarassed being served by a 70kg stringbean keyboard warrior.

Don't worry dude, fantasising over 80's heros and John Morris is the normal thing cool people do

p.s your big danoz amber shades fascination is not cool either

aaaahh!! Peej, you got served dude.

PB

Bench
Obviously any side missing two players like Morro and Tahu is weakend slightly. But the fact that our depth includes Wagon, as opposed to the Steelers having Manly discard (man wouldnt that be an embaressing tag to have!) Torrens should be encouraging.

I actually think this game will be a 20 point margin, but could go either way. Which ever side gets the role on, will go on with it i am sure.

Grail

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Wagon and Burt combining for no attack? Mate, Burt's attack has been on fire in recent weeks.

I, too, am concerned about Wagon in the centres - but mainly because I think he is a better lock, and I am concerned as to whether Wags has the agility to contain Gasnier.

Burt may have been on fire in attack, but wingers attack tends to be sparked by the Centres. There's a reason wingers are often referred to as "finishers".

I think Wagon reads attack well enough that the difference in agility between he and Gasnier will not be as big an issue. However, it's his ability to put his outside man into space that may be the issue. It means that almost 100% of our attack will have to go towards Smith and Grothe.

The reason we've been able to score points recently is because Tahu/Burt and Smith/Grothe have both been good combinations, so we've been able to switch play whenever we liked. Now, with play being forced down 1 side of the field, it will be a lot easier for the Saints to defend against us.

Therein lies the problem.

Grail

Juniors
Avenger said:
If it rains we will win. Saints get the dropsies in the wet.

I agree, but not because Saints get the dropsies. When it rains, the better defender tends to win, as the attack is brought back to a more level playing field.

I think Saints have us in attack, but we have them in defence.

The Colonel

Immortal
Grail said:
Burt may have been on fire in attack, but wingers attack tends to be sparked by the Centres. There's a reason wingers are often referred to as "finishers".

I think Wagon reads attack well enough that the difference in agility between he and Gasnier will not be as big an issue. However, it's his ability to put his outside man into space that may be the issue. It means that almost 100% of our attack will have to go towards Smith and Grothe.

The reason we've been able to score points recently is because Tahu/Burt and Smith/Grothe have both been good combinations, so we've been able to switch play whenever we liked. Now, with play being forced down 1 side of the field, it will be a lot easier for the Saints to defend against us.

Therein lies the problem.

Not necessarily. Widders will attack through the centres and will more than likely play down the side Tahu would have to give us another option.

Grail

Juniors
Widders is not on the field for the full game time though. But yes, you are more than likely correct in this assessment. Lets hope that it won't be too little too late when Widders gets on.

The Colonel

Immortal
Grail said:
Widders is not on the field for the full game time though. But yes, you are more than likely correct in this assessment. Lets hope that it won't be too little too late when Widders gets on.

He is averaging between fiftyu and sixty minutes a game. Even at that length of time he gives us ennough to attack on both sides. Wagon may be a defensive minded centre but he isn't short on ability either.