What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three years jail for ex-Knight Danny Wicks

I think the possession charges he faces are for only around six grams (twice the trafficable quantity). But if half the stuff the cops are saying is true he's still f**ked. According to them they've got him on video and audio doing hundreds of deals.

And I doubt he was cooking speed and importing coke either, so I guess that would make him a "middleman". I also doubt he'll shop his supplier either because they'd be some nasty undesirables that would do him some damage if he went to gaol.

Yep, I agree he will be stuffed in any case.

The prosecution will deal with charges specific to what they can prove so unless there are witnesses to the actual quantities in those deals (even thats doubtful) or alternatively the police seized those quantities at the time of the alleged deal then his prosecution will only reflect those smaller amounts at the time he was apprehended.

Evenflow

Bench
I can't believe that he alledgedly dealt hundreds of kilos. He's f**ked if he's convicted. And he was visiting high schools last year telling the kiddies not to take drugs. He should have thought about the shildren :(

Where has it been said he had hundreds of kg's of drugs? The only thing i've read is which was quoted by police in court yesterday "Police allege they have months of surveillance tapes, phone intercepts and other evidence showing Wicks doing "hundreds" of drug deals"

He'll get years and i think deservedly so but there's a massive difference between over 100kg and hundreds of deals.

Cletus

First Grade
Where has it been said he had hundreds of kg's of drugs? The only thing i've read is which was quoted by police in court yesterday "Police allege they have months of surveillance tapes, phone intercepts and other evidence showing Wicks doing "hundreds" of drug deals"

He'll get years and i think deservedly so but there's a massive difference between over 100kg and hundreds of deals.

Police prosecutor Jillian Kelton said the amount of drugs involved was ''twice the trafficable quantity'', and that the supply occurred over a matter of months.
''We are talking about hundreds of kilos that have been supplied over time by this offender,'' Ms Kelton said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/dark-knight-star-on-drug-charges-20091216-kxkd.html

Didgi

Thats what I was thinking Evenflow, I havent seen any mention of 100kg. Does someone have the link to where that was stated? Newie cops must have brought in some proper heads to do this op, surely they couldnt do it themselves.

Edit: Thanks Cletus

However I doubt the video evidence would be strong enough to back up that claim.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
Are you saying that the Raiders did not sack Todd Carney?

f**k me Knights fans are dumb.

Well yes they did sack him- after HOW many offences?

F**k me Raiders fans need to spend more time in the outside world and less time bagging other clubs on the net.

Knightmare

Coach
You're right. So much better to play against powerhouses like Souths, Wests and the Chargers. :sarcasm:

And so much stronger that the grand final the next year was between two teams from this supposedly "miles weaker" competition.

Yep, good call that one.

Yep, and in the ARL comp in 1997 we had the two Grand Finalists from the full competition the season before. Your point?

hellteam

First Grade
Hundreds of kilos........ that's a lot of pills wow

Average size of ecstacy pill - 300 mg

100kg divided by 300mg (0.00003 kg) = 33,333,333

Even more staggering when you think that cocaine sells for about $300 a gram on the street. Hundreds of kilos... he's going away for a longgg time

F*ck me Knights fans are dead set as thick as bricks. Comparing Todd Carney to Danny Wicks? Carney is Mother Teresa compared to this bloke

badav

Bench
I have always said that you would have to be an absolute moron if you thought NRL players don't do recreational drugs.

Drug dealing on the other hand is a bit different. The guys 24 and earning $150k a year. What on earth is he doing selling drugs.

m0nty

Juniors
caught on the wire?

farkin jimmy mcnutly gets around

Adapted from the original script of The Wire 1x09:

408735.jpg

FADE IN:

INT. TRAINING GROUND/GRAFTON - DAY #1

A scratch game of rugby league. Elbows jabbing, BODIES
colliding. AVON BARKSDALE and STRINGER BELL in the stands,
watching intently.

BELL
Him with the ball, from Grafton. He
South Grafton High now, but he goin'
somewhere bigger if he pull the
grades.

The ball is passed to DANNY WICKS, white, twenty-two,
a semitruck who drives through the scrum, scores a try.

BELL (cont.)
That's our edge, right there.

A PLAYER settles in for a dummy half run. WICKS on defence now,
launches forward with a monster hit up.

BARKSDALE
Damn, where he going?

BELL
Don't know. St George, Manly, Tigers,
Knights. They all after him.

BARKSDALE
Now we in the mix too.

BELL gives a light laugh. PICK UP WICKS on an intercept ending
with a full-bellied sliding try.

BELL
Boy gonna blow Proposition Joe's
mind. He ain't got no one ballin'
like this.

BARKSDALE
Best not be. I'm tired of losing to
them Easts bitches. Three years
runnin' now. sh*t bad for morale.

WICKS comes off and heads for the bloke
handing out food at the sausage sizzle. Swish. BELL smiles.

BELL
I think we a-ight.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Why the f**k is it that every single time something comes out about the Knights or Raiders that both sets of fans set upon each other? What the f**k does this have to do with 97?

You're all f**ked.

This has nothing to do with Knights, or Sheepe, or Canberra, or f**kin anything. This is going to damage EVERY club as we hear about this for the next f**king 12 months.

Every single club would have a bunch of junkies on their lists doing coke, why wouldn't they? It's out of their system in 12-24 hours, what the f**k else would they do with 100k+ a year? They're not rocket surgeons (;-)), they're footballers. They have reputations, they're probably hit up by every undesirable in the land. Easy money is easy money.

It's just a shame that Danny Wicks is so f**king stupid to get done like this. Video? Audio? Implicating team-mates? Nothing good is coming from this, getting satisfaction out of this based on petty club differences goes to show just how pathetic some of you twigs are.

Edit: The worst part about all this is to think about how many 'normal' people this scum-merkin's gear has turned into dirty f**king junkies, and their families, and their victims. f**k the damage to the NRL, I hope this idiot (if proven) spends the rest of his life in Gaol where he belongs. He'll roll too, so expect to hear a lot more about this.

carcharias

Immortal
^
get a grip....

anyhoo

I love a drama and lets face it the knights are deadset fuggen drug fugged useless merkinz.

Funny how Smith did the bolt...he probably knew.