What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three years jail for ex-Knight Danny Wicks

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
shocked-1.jpg

Kiki

First Grade
jesus this is a nightmare. i feel sorry for Knights fans right now.

am i right in reading earlier that the phone tapping and stuff started in July 09? so this means this stuff woulda happened during the season???? aarghhhhh.

If there are Knights 1st graders on the tapes it will be interesting to see if the NRL go public with the drug testing results for the year. Not necessarily names but number of tests and positive results.

macavity

Referee
If there are Knights 1st graders on the tapes it will be interesting to see if the NRL go public with the drug testing results for the year. Not necessarily names but number of tests and positive results.

we have tested over 300 times and haven't had any positive results.

seanoff

Juniors
i wonder if anyone can explain why this failed to attract much media attention?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/07/2764144.htm?section=justin

yeah, last i heard renovating cafes is hardly illegal. altho i have seen a few that should have been.

Gardiner is a knob, this everyone knows and he hangs out with known crims, this too is known. but until he does something wrong and they catch him, it's hard to do much. as soon as they do, i'd imagine the AFL would kick him to the curb more or less instantly, they appear to be waiting.

unfortunately discussing renos on a cafe doesn't really count as doing something wrong.

Garts

Bench
yer yer..what bullsh*t...would have been a different story if manly had won it...then of coarse youd be the biggest manly fan on the planet...what sh*t

Hope. 1997 had no significance for me. Whilst I wanted to win the game I was not really dissappointed we lost like I have been in other years. Nothing like the feeling in 1995 and 2007 when we lost the GF.

El Diablo

Post Whore
yeah, last i heard renovating cafes is hardly illegal. altho i have seen a few that should have been.

Gardiner is a knob, this everyone knows and he hangs out with known crims, this too is known. but until he does something wrong and they catch him, it's hard to do much. as soon as they do, i'd imagine the AFL would kick him to the curb more or less instantly, they appear to be waiting.

unfortunately discussing renos on a cafe doesn't really count as doing something wrong.

read it again. Police believe that is code

The case against Mr Quaid involves hundreds of secretly recorded phone conversations, in which it is alleged he used code language to talk about the drugs, including references to restaurants and menu items.

Mr Quaid denies the allegations and the court has heard he was actually negotiating to buy a cafe in Sydney.

In the conversation between Mr Quaid and Michael Gardiner, they talk about renovating a cafe and inviting the footballer to the opening.

C'mon ED surely you have something more concrete than that?

Do you want him booted because the police think they may be talking in code?

Should Greg Bird be in jail because police believed that he glassed his girlfriend?

El Diablo

Post Whore
C'mon ED surely you have something more concrete than that?

Do you want him booted because the police think they may be talking in code?

Should Greg Bird be in jail because police believed that he glassed his girlfriend?

FMD

they prety much always talk in code

and code is obviously good enough for Police, but not the AFL

Charlie124

First Grade
This is the part that saddens me the most. All the hard work cleaning up the clubs image in the wake of Joeys revelations a few years ago, and now this fat f**k has gone and undone all of it, more than likely irreparably.

f**k you, Danny Wicks. f**k you.

You say it like Danny Wicks is the only bad apple in all of this. The article is talking about several players possibly being involved here, seems more like absolutely nothing has changed from when Goey Johns was there despite what the club might say.

innsaneink

Referee
You seem infatuated with the gay code dribblo....let it go, or f**k off to it...your constant posting of gay code storys in a rugby league forum really sh*ts me, I'm sure im not alone

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'll back El Diablo here. If it wasn't for he I'd prolly be here thinking the NRL was the axis of evil according to News Ltd.

seanoff

Juniors
you need to get out more Dean.

in any population there will be a % of wombats. my guess is that % is out around 10.

doesn't matter if they play NRL, AFL, tiddlywinks, with themselves, golf, baseball, soccer, union, are members of Lions clubs, play chess.

also everybody will do stupid things now and again. that's ok.

not all union players are robbers, not all nrl players are drug dealers.

i suspect most people understand that, nrl crowds were up last yr, even tho stupid sh*t was up too.

seems like the AFL press are a bit like that too, not everything is the end of the world, whereas the Sydney press are OMG, death to all, if someone gets caught short.

in this case, Wicks deserves none of the above leeway, drug dealers don't get that. it's certainly not the clubs fault (unless they knew, in which case, bye bye Knights)

Johns Magic

Referee
You say it like Danny Wicks is the only bad apple in all of this. The article is talking about several players possibly being involved here, seems more like absolutely nothing has changed from when Goey Johns was there despite what the club might say.

LOL, you idiot.

You really think NRL players don't take drugs? Or that they all just happen to play for Newcastle but no one else?

Wicks is the f**kwit who dealt, he is the bad apple. The others are just members of society doing what young people do at all clubs.