What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston charged

Will they suspend Thurston?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
El Diablo said:
name one then
I said I've seen,but I didn't take note:lol:

I think he'll get charged and be gone for a week...but I just think the tackle wasn't that bad.

Garts

Bench
When I saw it yesterday I did not think there was much in it however the pictures I have seen make it look worse than I first thought.

Still think he will get off however it probably does deserve a week. In saying that I would like Manly to beat them with him playing!!!

Juniors
for the good of the game, let him play, he's not a vicious player, i follow rugby league, not politics, we need thurston to play this finals series

Blaze

Juniors
tbh this was always going to happen to Thurston. He does like to go into tackles front on one-on-one and drive/lift the player.

It is just unfortunate that it happened in a finals game.

For the people that think he should be let off - What defense do you think he should use?

It is a clear cut case of a dangerous throw...

_Johnsy

Referee
Mr Saab said:
No need to fish at Mythbury river as they are just that...myths.

Well WTF has been nibbling on the bait I have been using, each time I put it on it gets nibbled away ?:crazy: :crazy:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It was worth review and charge. Intentions aside, the result of the tackle was a player landing in a dangerous position due to the actions of Thurston. Any argument against this is futile. And I'm all for seeing Thurston play, but the fact remains that the player was taken past horizontal and driven.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Hmmm what an interesting situation

If he gets suspended the Cowboys are basically goneskies

If he doesn't get suspended there will be a huge uproar

fourxman

Juniors
There was nothing in it. Sure it goes past the horizontal but there is no real danger in the tackle. There was no malicious and no real drive into the ground.

Sure take it to the review panel but i don't think he deserves any time off. I have seen much worst tackles been dismissed.

I think alot of people in this forum just have a case of tall poppy syndrome.

Eelectrica

Referee
fourxman said:
There was nothing in it. Sure it goes past the horizontal but there is no real danger in the tackle. There was no malicious and no real drive into the ground.

Sure take it to the review panel but i don't think he deserves any time off. I have seen much worst tackles been dismissed.
That's how the cowboys have to defend it. Find tackles similar or worse that weren't charged.
They, might want to throw some dollars the Warriors way and see if the tackled player will come over and help Thurston in defence.
Some physics experts could help and point out to the judiciary it was the tackled players momentum that contributed to the position.

_Johnsy

Referee
tall poppy ????????

He grabbed one leg and between the other leg in the first instance of the tackle, he then grabbed both legs, took the player above the horizontal and then propelled him towards the ground head first. Pretty cut and dry IMO

Cletus

First Grade
He's got 97 carry over points so he'll have to fight it. I've only seen the picture of it in the Herald, too drunk to remember the game:oops: , but from that he looks to be gone. Hands between the legs and the player got into a dangerous position.
Manly by 22:cool: .

gong_eagle

First Grade
Niall the Nasty said:
He's got 97 carry over points so he'll have to fight it. I've only seen the picture of it in the Herald, too drunk to remember the game:oops: , but from that he looks to be gone. Hands between the legs and the player got into a dangerous position.
Manly by 22:cool: .

he has no carry over points,

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ahh the NRL judiciary is up to its own little tricks again. What an absolute joke. Sure, the player ended up in a dangerous position, but never at any stage (unless I'm wrong) was there any placing of the hands between the legs. Koopu was running full-speed at Thurston, who crouched low to make a good low tackle. He picked him up, so of course he's going to end up in the position he did.

Mayor_Quimby said:
Everyone all year have been calling for consistency. This tackle has been worthy of suspension all year, but because it is finals game you all want to bend the rules.

What happens next year when people get charged for the same tackle and bring the "Thurston got off so should i" defence. Then you'll all be ropable.

I agree it isn't great for the game to have the world's bext player playing, but it could of been much worse for Thurston if Koopu didn't get his hands to the ground before his head hit it.

Finally a voice of reason.

Doesnt matter wether its round 6, SOO, or finals footy.

They should all be treated the same, the "its not worth missing a finals match" doesnt agree with me at all.