What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston charged

Will they suspend Thurston?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaze

Juniors
the photos don't look good. If Koopu doesn't get his arm down, he lands on his head.

It is 100% suspension worthy. I don't see how it could be overturned. It is not as if he can appeal for a downgrade... he has to challenge the actual charge, which the judiciary has already made it's ruling on.

He lifted him beyond the horizontal = dangerous throw. I honestly can't see a defense for it.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I said in another thread they will be lucky to get 25k to this match. If Thurston is out they will be lucky to get 20k...

El Diablo

Post Whore
He lifted him beyond the horizontal = dangerous throw. I honestly can't see a defense for it.

i can't see why a lot of people think it would be a joke if he was suspended :?

i think it's a joke if the judiciary let him off

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Everyone all year have been calling for consistency. This tackle has been worthy of suspension all year, but because it is finals game you all want to bend the rules.

What happens next year when people get charged for the same tackle and bring the "Thurston got off so should i" defence. Then you'll all be ropable.

I agree it isn't great for the game to have the world's bext player playing, but it could of been much worse for Thurston if Koopu didn't get his hands to the ground before his head hit it.

the Lock8

Juniors
I would hate to see Thurston miss the finals, but the thing that amuses me about the whole thing is, I can't see Shorty putting up the same argument if it was Cameron Smith or Michael Monaghan that did that tackle. He would be screaming for the NRL to have some credibility and suspend them.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
It's probably time for the NRL to introduce different scalings for different matches.

e.g. SOO/Finals game = 200 points constitutes a week.

just an idea

Shorty

Staff member
the Lock8 said:
I would hate to see Thurston miss the finals, but the thing that amuses me about the whole thing is, I can't see Shorty putting up the same argument if it was Cameron Smith or Michael Monaghan that did that tackle. He would be screaming for the NRL to have some credibility and suspend them.
Actually I would and am pretty sure I've argued similar circumstances with different players.
I also didn't think Sonny Bill deserved the suspension he got.

And I'm a 'she' not a 'he'.

I've seen a load of those tackles and the players have got off.

petetheileet

First Grade
I hope he gets off...

It doesn't warrant a suspension IMO.

However players have been suspended for less this year

Blaze

Juniors
ffs he put Koopu into a dangerous position. I think people just want him to get off for the good of the game.

Yes, we all want him to play this week, but you can't ignore the facts that those images provide.

the Lock8

Juniors
Apologies for the 'he' Shorty, but I am just equating this to the way you carried on about the grapple tackle previously.

Shorty

Staff member
the Lock8 said:
Apologies for the 'he' Shorty, but I am just equating this to the way you carried on about the grapple tackle previously.
The grapple is a little different.
If Cam Smith had attempted the same tackle as Thurston I would feel the same.

Thurston attempted to tackle and could not carry the weight and as a result lost control of the tackle.
It doesn't appear as deliberate.

Some spears,the person tackling can infact carry the weight but just is reckless and rough.

_Johnsy

Referee
considering ryles was given his last 2 weeks off for nothing, thurston should miss a week. However if he is charged we will have qld'ers whinging and whining. He will be let off, and yes it is a disgrace if he does not sit out at least 1 week. .......... cue QLD sooks

Mr Saab

Referee
_Johnsy said:
considering ryles was given his last 2 weeks off for nothing, thrston should miss a week. However if he is charged we will have qld'ers whinging and whining. He will be let off, and yes it is a disgrace if he does not sit out at least 1 week. .......... cue QLD sooks

Thats like saying all NSW people are sooking over Ryles and his suspensions.
No, only Stg fans are.
Not all QLD fans give a toss about the Cowboys.

_Johnsy

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Thats like saying all NSW people are sooking over Ryles and his suspensions.
No, only Stg fans are.
Not all QLD fans give a toss about the Cowboys.

SAAB

Purely tongue in cheek, thought you would have known that by now. I do enjoy fishing especially over at the Mythbury river..