What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thurston charged

Will they suspend Thurston?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Saab

Referee
No, i am telling you its not.
I would not have wanted Lockyer out of the team for last yrs prelim final vs the Dogs.
This is no time to be playing the hero.

Shorty

Staff member
And I'm telling you it is,we have a game that means everything and our season is on the line.
You don't think that kind of intensity doesn't push players to play to their absolute ability?

Raider_69

Post Whore
If JT cant get off the cows are done. They are a two man team and JT is an integral part of that

Mr Saab

Referee
Shorty said:
And I'm telling you it is,we have a game that means everything and our season is on the line.
You don't think that kind of intensity doesn't push players to play to their absolute ability?

Yeah, just like the Raiders of 1993 when the lost Stuart for the final 3 games....and they had internationals all over the park

Shorty

Staff member
Mr Saab said:
Yeah, just like the Raiders of 1993 when the lost Stuart for the final 3 games....and they had internationals all over the park
Whatever,I have to take the positive out of this if it happens and it definitely looks like it.
I'm not going to expect us to lose,I know the possibility dramatically increases but I still have faith in my team.

If this is what we have to do to shake the 'two man' team tag then so be it.

lionheart008

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
Koopu actually did JT a favour by placing his hand/forearm on the ground to break his fall, and ensure his head was not the first part of his body to hit the ground.
I did notice that. If Koopu didn't block himself like that I don't think thurston would even have a chance of playing next week. I don't really mind if he gets suspended or not though.

Mr Saab

Referee
Shorty said:
Whatever,I have to take the positive out of this if it happens and it definitely looks like it.
I'm not going to expect us to lose,I know the possibility dramatically increases but I still have faith in my team.

If this is what we have to do to shake the 'two man' team tag then so be it.

You should not give a stuff if the Cowboys are labled a 2 man team.
If they go on to win the comp then what on earth does that say of the Eagles and either Storm or Eels who lost to a 2 man team.

Its funny all this two man team sh##.Football is split between attack and defence.They hardly make all the tackles,do they?In attack the Cowboys are also dangerous from dummy half,with no involvement from the big two.Its a myth.
The Eagles mostly rely on Monaghan and Orford in attack.The Storm Smith and Cronk.
Its just these two guys are that good that when the Cows win they usually star.

beave

Coach
if he gets suspended, so be it. The tackle was pretty ordinary, I am more dirty with Thurston than the match review commitee. Life goes on, Muspratt or as a roughie young Farrar may have to fill in at half back..... it's not the end of us yet. I am just stoked they have made it this far.

Azkatro

First Grade
I get the feeling that the majority of people wanna see him beat the charge and play. I'm not sure if I'm biased given that it's my team of choice but the general vibe seems to be that people want to see him play on Saturday night.

_Johnsy

Referee
Azkatro said:
I get the feeling that the majority of people wanna see him beat the charge and play. I'm not sure if I'm biased given that it's my team of choice but the general vibe seems to be that people want to see him play on Saturday night.

From a footballing perspective people wnat him to play, people want the best players playing. But as far as the tackle goes it deserves a week.

Charlie124

First Grade
If we want consistancy he should be let off... theres been a few ridiculous suspensions this year (Ryan, SBW) that should have gotten more than they did but were treated differenty. If we want the judicary to be consistant, they should stick with what theyve been doing all year.

_Johnsy

Referee
Charlie124 said:
If we want consistancy he should be let off... theres been a few ridiculous suspensions this year (Ryan, SBW) that should have gotten more than they did but were treated differenty. If we want the judicary to be consistant, they should stick with what theyve been doing all year.

If we want consistency he should get 3-4 weeks, Ryles got 2 weeks and missed the last 2 games for a nothing tackle. It works both way consistency, not just the way you want it. The end result there is no consistency, if he gets suspended you have no other option but to cop it sweet, if he gets off just be thankfull the stars are aligned.

beave

Coach
if he gets suspended, i want the club to not whinge about it and get onto winning saturday nights game. The coming out in the press before yesterdays game about Price and the charge downs, and all the other whinges was very un-cowboys like IMO. I liked the fact that Muzz generally doesn't rock the boat and give oppositions more ammo to fire back at us on the field, but i was disappointed at how last week was handled honestly. This is the real test, as I have said before I am more dirty with Thursty and how he tackled Koopu. If that was Koopu on Thurston, I gurantee you we wouldn't hear the end of it from cowbs fans. Of course I want him to play on saturday but if he does the crime, he damn well pays the time. just my opinion

_Johnsy

Referee
if he is gone

Payne at 7,
Faumina (spelling) at 9.

Not the best for nq, but could do the job IMO.

Eelectrica

Referee
If he's gone Jason Smith might have to give up smoking for the week. They'll need him on the field for a longer time than normal if they're to make a game of it.

Latest posts