What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

Tiger05

First Grade
Agree, but he is going OK at 6 now, for me, Doueihi plays centre or can he handle FB?
I think Liddle would make a good 14, he is quick, can tackle and can obviously play the 9 as well.

f**ked if I know. I figure Doueihi comes back in the centres but longer term do you move him to 6 or 1 ?

Fordy20

Juniors
Given that we'll miss out on Nikora, Crichton and any other off contract star backrower, maybe it's time to consider moving Doueihi there.

Tigerm

First Grade

TIGERS SHOP LIDDLE TO RIVALS

The Wests Tigers are reportedly shopping out of favour dummy-half Jacob Liddle to rival clubs.

The 25-year-old has fallen behind Jake Simpkin in the No.9 pecking order in recent weeks.

Liddle suffered a PCL injury during the club’s final trial match, which allowed Simpkin to stake his claim as the club’s future hooker.

Now, with a number of dummy-half options and the arrival of Apisai Koroisau in 2023, the Tigers are reportedly looking to move Liddle on.

“Jacob Liddle is the player, Wests Tigers hooker, he can’t get a start at the moment, stuck behind Jake Simpkin, he was named in the reserves this week and Magic Round,” The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio said on Triple M Breakfast.

“It is the St George Illawarra Dragons and the Raiders that have been offered Jacob Liddle.

“Both clubs are stretched in that position, the dummy-half area, Liddle has been very much a part of the Tigers fabric since 2016, he is a 25-year-old he has come through their system.

“But keep an eye on this one.”

Tiger Ted

Bench
Hope lids goes to a decent side.
One of the few at this under performing rabble who I’ve always had time for.Has the utmost in integrity just a massively unlucky kid whose career has been riddled with injury & is now in the 1 key position we are healthiest in going forward.Api Simpkin Rua & apparently the champion wests Harold Matt’s hooker is one heck of a player.

macnaz

Staff member
One of the few at this under performing rabble who I’ve always had time for.Has the utmost in integrity just a massively unlucky kid whose career has been riddled with injury & is now in the 1 key position we are healthiest in going forward.Api Simpkin Rua & apparently the champion wests Harold Matt’s hooker is one heck of a player.
Yeah , thats why Id like to see him go to a competitive side and not another shit show where he is surrounded by incompetent players while expected to play like Cam Smith.

Das Hassler

Bench
I'd love him to go to the Cows as an incentive/ compensation to act on their rumored second thoughts about signing Luciano on 700k per year with their developing cap pressure. If we had a second bite I think we'd now throw the same 700 at him in a heartbeat

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Surprised they didn't offer him to the Eels. they have Hodgson for next year but that's it (not like he's going to last long with his constant injuries + age). Liddle would carve up in that side.

Wherever he goes, I genuinely hope he kills it. He's been completely f**ked by injuries and now with Api, Simpkins and all the juniors we have coming through it makes more sense he moves on.

Would be awesome if we could do a player swap for a centre or backrower

Fordy20

Juniors
I would prefer we offered him to the Knights, given how badly they get affected by Brailey breaking. Could open up a dialogue Frizell has a player option for next year and he would be an awesome get for us.

Speaking of players with options, what's the contingency if Ofahengaue doesn't activate his option? Personally, I think he's been playing pretty well for us.

macnaz

Staff member
I would prefer we offered him to the Knights, given how badly they get affected by Brailey breaking. Could open up a dialogue Frizell has a player option for next year and he would be an awesome get for us.

Speaking of players with options, what's the contingency if Ofahengaue doesn't activate his option? Personally, I think he's been playing pretty well for us.
By all accounts offie wants to stay 👍🏻

By all accounts offie wants to stay 👍🏻
That’s good news Mac, I thought he was playing for a Dolphins contract the way he has lifted, mind you I certainly don’t think he was been very bad, just that he fell into the same rut as the rest of them.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Offa has to be one of our most improved this season. He's always been a good player he just hasn't found a role at Tigers but the 13 jersey suits him really well. It's almost like Peachy was supposed to be our ball playing 13 and Offa was like "pfftt, I can do that better than him" and now owns the jersey

Pezz70

Juniors
Surprised they didn't offer him to the Eels. they have Hodgson for next year but that's it (not like he's going to last long with his constant injuries + age). Liddle would carve up in that side.

Wherever he goes, I genuinely hope he kills it. He's been completely f**ked by injuries and now with Api, Simpkins and all the juniors we have coming through it makes more sense he moves on.

Would be awesome if we could do a player swap for a centre or backrower
Simpkin is not Liddle, Simpkin tries hard but Liddle runs rings around him and defensively there’s no comparison.

gordsy

Juniors
Saw Andrew Voss pretty much telling one bloke he is a moron for not disagreeing with us signing Naden.
As if his commentary wasn't enough of a reason to dislike him.

I think if we could get Burton and move Brooks to hooker that would be very interesting to see. Will never happen though

Perth Tiger

Bench
It is the mole so take it with a grain of salt but looks like Mikaele might be gone. Fair enough, he is probably only worth about 150K in the NRL so if he can get a better long term deal in the super league can hardly blame him. Hopefully Fonua Pole can replace him from next year.

Latest posts