What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

hsvjones123

Juniors
The 6 7 & 9 will do the job required.I also have high hopes for Madden.This kids trajectory is upwards.Conversely imo Peachey is a bum & we need a better option at fullback.DL isn’t close to meeting Kpi’s for the standard of fullback needed for us to reach the goals of playing finals footy.

If Jock can cement a spot in our nrl team I’d like to c him & AD in the halves & Hastings at 13.Alternatively if for the betterment of the team play AD at centre temporarily & jock & Hastings at 7 & 6.

With Hastings AD & Jock all performing at their best I’ve no doubt we can avoid the spoon & possibly go on a winning streak in back half of comp.
100% agree with Daine L and Peachey..
Peachey has been terrible and ill disciplined and for his experience it is not good enough.
Daine has also dropped and not sure if he is injured but he is no where near the player he was last year.. I would expect him to be running over 150m a game min and if not give someone else a go. I love the work rate of Dylan Edwards as he gives it his all every moment in the game even though he has a mistake in him..
I personally would look at Drinkwater a shot from Cows as he is a very good player and could help us in a lot of positions.

Surfing Foxtel today I came across the ESL, Josh Drinkwater was playing halfback, he seems to have everything in his game that Brooks doesn’t, regardless if players like Drinkwater were given 1/10th of the time and opportunity in first grade as LB our club would be better off.

Surfing Foxtel today I came across the ESL, Josh Drinkwater was playing halfback, he seems to have everything in his game that Brooks doesn’t, regardless if players like Drinkwater were given 1/10th of the time and opportunity in first grade as LB our club would be better off.
Another, if only.
released because he was behind Brooks and Moses and fair enough, no crystal balls at Concord.

Fordy20

Juniors
Drinkwater was just another in the long list of players who never got a look in because they weren’t part of the in crowd. I do wonder how much of Drinkwater’s current competence was due to him being able to develop him game away from the spotlight.

StanTheMan

Juniors
If Brooks (and others) aren't on massive overs, the tigers couldn't possibly be using anywhere near the full salary cap. And since they're obligated to spend 95% minimum each season, where else could the money be going?

gordsy

Juniors
If Drinkwater was / is so awesome why has/ did no other club snapped him up?
Not saying he is a dud but I doubt he is amazing either. Surely 16 teams can't be wrong

Wizardman

First Grade
If Drinkwater was / is so awesome why has/ did no other club snapped him up?
Not saying he is a dud but I doubt he is amazing either. Surely 16 teams can't be wrong
With the ball, Scott Drinkwater is definite NRL quality. Without it, definitely not. Only teams that have a very strong defence should consider him.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, so heres what I have heard.

With the ball, Scott Drinkwater is definite NRL quality. Without it, definitely not. Only teams that have a very strong defence should consider him.

Brooks moving to 6 has lessened his asking price marginally (from other clubs)

His admission and clear fact that he cannot call or run plays has turned clubs off him.

He will see out his current deal with Tigers.

Madge is open to making him a 9, so that Doueihi can be #6.

We will be shopping for at least one centre in the offseason, likely a defensive one more than an attacker.

Toa might transition there yet. Liddle likely in his last season.

BrotherJim05

Bench

His admission and clear fact that he cannot call or run plays has turned clubs off him.

We will be shopping for at least one centre in the offseason, likely a defensive one more than an attacker.

Welcome back MU.

Unless Doeuihi has completely lost all his form from last year, I really don't see Brooks starting in our halves or at 9 now that Api is coming over. It then begs the question whether he is first cab off the rank if Hastings/Doeuihi get injured? If he is then I don't see Madden sticking around, which is a shame because he would have been a perfect backup half if Brooks decided to leave.

With the news that Garner is leaving, I feel that we desperately need to sign another 2nd rower to partner Papali'i. Another centre would be good but with Keapoa, Talau and To'a all capable at centre I'd prioritize a 2nd rower tbh.

If Tamou stays on another year then I think we are good for middle forwards

Tigerm

First Grade
Welcome back MU.

Unless Doeuihi has completely lost all his form from last year, I really don't see Brooks starting in our halves or at 9 now that Api is coming over. It then begs the question whether he is first cab off the rank if Hastings/Doeuihi get injured? If he is then I don't see Madden sticking around, which is a shame because he would have been a perfect backup half if Brooks decided to leave.

With the news that Garner is leaving, I feel that we desperately need to sign another 2nd rower to partner Papali'i. Another centre would be good but with Keapoa, Talau and To'a all capable at centre I'd prioritize a 2nd rower tbh.

If Tamou stays on another year then I think we are good for middle forwards
I can’t see Madden being much more than a reserve grade 7, admittedly he hasn’t played a lot of first grade, but he just doesn’t seem to have it, imo.
We’ve still got a few options at SR imo, so for me, a centre or FB is the priority?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Welcome back, hopefully you’re staying now?

If we are only looking for one defensive centre is a bit of a worry considering how ordinary our attack is out wide, the centre pairing we are using atm plus the injuries we always seem to have.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simpkin and Madden have moved considerably up the priorities list also.

Tiger05

First Grade
If we are only looking for one defensive centre is a bit of a worry considering how ordinary our attack is out wide, the centre pairing we are using atm plus the injuries we always seem to have.

I'm getting less concerned about out centres. To'a is playing really well. I also think Kepaoa could be really good there. Did you see Kepaoa put Garner away last weekend ?

Doueihi could play in the centres as well. Personally I'd like to see AD at 6.

gordsy

Juniors
Later on in the year when we know we aren't going to make the 8 it might be a good time to roll brooks into dummy half. If he brains then we keep him if he goes ok then maybe other clubs pay him more as he now has some utility value. If he stinks then we might have to pay 50% of his wage to f**k him off.

Tiger05

First Grade
Later on in the year when we know we aren't going to make the 8 it might be a good time to roll brooks into dummy half. If he brains then we keep him if he goes ok then maybe other clubs pay him more as he now has some utility value. If he stinks then we might have to pay 50% of his wage to f**k him off.

They've played him there this year. He went well. I'm not a fan of punting Brooks because he is robust and he has consistently been one of our better players.

I don't know where you fit him though if we are full strength.

Tigerm

First Grade
They've played him there this year. He went well. I'm not a fan of punting Brooks because he is robust and he has consistently been one of our better players.

I don't know where you fit him though if we are full strength.
Agree, but he is going OK at 6 now, for me, Doueihi plays centre or can he handle FB?
I think Liddle would make a good 14, he is quick, can tackle and can obviously play the 9 as well.

Latest posts