What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Players: "F*cking"

nqboy

First Grade
Totally Nein's fault. They should have learned their lesson from Meninga's Origin display years ago and had a delay built in.

thuganomics

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
I can understand why Parents would be upset, but really, it's channel 9's fault. Not the players. Channel 9 should

1) Have put it on a 7 second delay
2) Given the players a little bit of time to settle down before they did the interviews.

Or it could be the Tigers fault for saying it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
That's who I'd blame as in previous years there's been no such prob.

If players acted like that after every game they'd just quit doing interviews.

jed

First Grade
Razor said:
It's in the guidelines

And it doesn't have to be relevant to the storyline

Could you please point out to me what page or section it says that?

El Diablo

Post Whore
jed said:
Could you please point out to me what page or section it says that?

There is no such page.

The FACTS book says nothing like what Razor said. It has to be relevant to the storyline.

Current Affairs shows could air swearing if they chose but often edit it out.

Balmain_Boy

thuganomics said:
Or it could be the Tigers fault for saying it.

You're entitled to your opinion. As role models they SHOULDN'T have said it. But I can understand why it slipped out. It's no different to people being heard on the field swearing at touch judges.

jed

First Grade
El Diablo said:
There is no such page.

The FACTS book says nothing like what Razor said. It has to be relevant to the storyline.

Current Affairs shows could air swearing if they chose but often edit it out.
Precisely.

I regularly use the both the ABA and Facts guidelines, and there is no "quota" of how many times you can use certain words.

However, it does mention that use of language can not be gratuitous, and that the use of language must be contextual (I'm not at work due to the public holiday, I can't remember the exact wording)

thuganomics

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
You're entitled to your opinion. As role models they SHOULDN'T have said it. But I can understand why it slipped out. It's no different to people being heard on the field swearing at touch judges.

No different?

A one on one interview to the people watching at home swearing is not different to them swearing at a touch judge? When they were swearing they were swearing diffectly at the people at home.

I think it was becos Matty johns was the interviewer. If it was someone bigger with more respect say Sterlo or gould then i doubt they would of thrown it in. Matty johns is 1 of the boys so im sure they felt like that cos they were talking to 1 of the boys.

If it was Mario then f**k merkin Wanka and all the rest would of been thrown in

El Diablo

Post Whore
jed said:
Precisely.

I regularly use the both the ABA and Facts guidelines, and there is no "quota" of how many times you can use certain words.

However, it does mention that use of language can not be gratuitous, and that the use of language must be contextual (I'm not at work due to the public holiday, I can't remember the exact wording)

It would be rated PG

from http://www.freetvaust.com.au/documents/Code_of_Practice_July_2004.pdf

3.10 For the purposes of Clause 3.9, all sporting coverage between 7.00pm and 8.30pm is deemed to be PG.

regarding PG and language

Language: Low-level coarse language may only be used infrequently, when justified by the story line or program context.

Where Razor gets his f**ks per minute is a mystery as it's never mentioned in the Industry Code of Practice.​

miladi

Juniors
I hate to break it to all the parents out there, but the kiddies probably hear it everyday at school. A sad indictment of our times when we fall back on cheap vulgar language instead of learning to express ourselves appropriately. Even under extraordinary circumstances, if you have class, it shows.

thuganomics said:
No different?

A one on one interview to the people watching at home swearing is not different to them swearing at a touch judge? When they were swearing they were swearing diffectly at the people at home.

When somebody SWEARS at a touch judge he is invariably questioning the touch judge's competency or impartiality.

When somebody swears as a vulgar expression of excitement it is not directed at anybody but it is indirectly braodcast to the people at home. I know the players are aware that their comments are being broadcast but it is wrong to suggest that the players are DIRECTING the profanities at the audience.

I think the first example of a player abusing a touch judge is far more detrimental to the image of the game. The way in which the WT players' used 'f**k' it was not intended to be malignant. It was simply a case of immaturity and inadvertence.

Kornstar

Coach
The thing i find the funniest is that most people who complain about the swearing in front of their kids from the players, are probably the people who swear in front of their children. they probably also let them play Grand Theft Auto and Dead or Alive on their gaming consoles........of course parents don't mind their children killing people in games because it shuts them up and they don't see them for hours.........

How about we just say it happened and move on?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
sullyfan said:
They do have general classification.

lol, I probably confused matters there by using the word "generally".

Anyway, I know for a fact that in NZ, the news and sporting events are not rated G, they just don't have a rating at all. Obviously different in Aus.

Balmain_Boy

thuganomics said:
No different?

Disagree. If they said f**k all the fans, that would be swearing AT somebody. Saying I feel f**king great is not swearing at the fans. If someone swears at me, I get insulted. If someone says I like sh*t, or I feel f***ing terrible, I don't take it as a personal insult. I sincerely doubt you do either.

Tigers should have shown a bit more class. They didn't. It's not the end of the world and it's not their fault channel 9 broadcast the interviews, swearing and all to Australia.

colonel_123

Juniors
I can't believe there is even a thread about this.

What do people want, the channel 9 crew run out onto the field only seconds after the full time siren has sounded when the players are at the absolute height of their emotions, when an entire season (or lifetime) has culminated in the greatest most emotional experience of their lives, and shove a micro phone into the face of a player and expect them to give some sort of meaningful constructive insight into what has just happened.

It's exactly the same as shoving a mike into the face of some one who has just dropped a bowling ball on their toe and then criticising them for using the 'f' word. Are people criticising the players telling me that they've never sworn in a moment of pain, or passion or high emotion? Because that is exactly the sort of moment the players are in when a microphone is shoved in their face. The players would barely be able to think at that stage, they'd simply be over whelmed with adrenaline and emotion.

If you want a sober analytical account of the game, wait until the players have calmed down and interview them off the field.

If you want to try and capture the pure emotion and excitement of being on the field in the moments immediately after the siren then you have to be willing to accept everything that goes on on the field after the final siren, including the odd 'f' word here and there...

jed

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
Anyway, I know for a fact that in NZ, the news and sporting events are not rated G, they just don't have a rating at all. Obviously different in Aus.

Live sport and News/Current Affairs are unclassified here too, however as El D's pointed out, the content still must fall within the classifiaction guidelines for the starting timeslot of the program.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
some of u supporters will do anything to bring other teams down
the tigers are the champions do da do da day
u can bring up petty arguments like this all you want, but you better start drinking from a bowl cause weve got the cup baby!

Caged Panther

First Grade
I heard one of the players apologising for their use of the word on the channel 10 news this afternoon if it gives anyone a warm fuzzy feeling??