What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Players: "F*cking"

fatshark

Bench
Not that I care really but Heighington needs to pull his head in. Fairdinkum it was like he was talking to someone at his local after 12 beers. You meathead!

El Diablo

Post Whore
How many expected the Panthers to win in 2003?

They didn't swear knowing they were on TV.

miketyson

Juniors
Guys I think you will find the whole thing was planned by the young tigers , Every one of the young guys went out of there way to say f**k 2 or 3 times..

I wouldn't mind betting fulton was behind the whole thing.

Personally I thought it was great!

Razor

Coach
El Diablo said:
where are you getting that from?

the ABA doesn't say that. it has to be relevant.

It's in the guidelines

And it doesn't have to be relevant to the storyline

Green Machine

First Grade
The players should learn to contain themselves. Swearing on TV is no different to dropping your pants in public. Very unprofessional. This is nothing new for Channel 9. In 1988, Sam Backo used the F word when he was asked by a Channel 9 interviewer how he felt after a state of origin match,

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Physique said:
who saw the tigers players being interviewed after they won they all said "f*cking" on TV.

Channel 9 are going to recieve a few complaints in the morning

Who cares??? Let them enjoy the moment for Farks sake, they deserved it..

Green Machine said:
Swearing on TV is no different to dropping your pants in public.

And the dumbest analogy of the day goes to.....you.

And dropping your pants in public is akin to...please continue I'm intrigued...

Green Machine

First Grade
TV Ted Ellery said:
And the dumbest analogy of the day goes to.....you.

And dropping your pants in public is akin to...please continue I'm intrigued...
Well, for sick puppies like you it probably is. Maybe normal behaviour in the front bar of the pub. I don’t want my kids hearing that language on TV,

Front-Rower

First Grade
Green Machine said:
Well, for sick puppies like you it probably is. Maybe normal behaviour in the front bar of the pub. I don’t want my kids hearing that language on TV,

To an extent I agree, but the players are well players and they just won something that not too many players who make grade can achieve...especially when its their 1st or 2nd year of grade as is the case for a few of those players out there last night.

However wouldn't some of the blame have to fall on channel 9 for doing "live" interviews? I think someone mentioned it earlier that they should have been broadcasting in a 7 second delay period over the course of the post-game celebrations. If radio has to do it for talk-back programms I'm sure that Channel 9 should of had enough foresight to realise the complications that could of/have arose.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
lol, i loved every moment of it. It just showed how passionate they were about the win.

Good on them i'd say, id prefer it than the regular things you heard after regular matches.

It was an irregular match, so as far as im concerned it may be the only time some of those players even play in a GF so let'em swear it up.

Music, games and movies all contain the F word so its bound to get out there, i would rather have RL say it an encourage the meaning of raw emotion and passion than what those rappers use it for.

Onya tiges!

Green Machine said:

I'm a sick puppy for not understanding how swearing on TV could be analogous to exposing oneself?

As somebody said before you have to realise the context in which the players uttered the remarks. They are extremely raw, they have just won a grand final and they are expressing their absolute elation. The word 'f**k' is extremely versatile and can be used as an expression of joy or conversely as a statement of invective. Case in point: Garden Trellis calls the ref an F...ing cheat. Garden is now a """"respected""" NRL board member. His comments reflect poorly on his sportsmanship and give off a terrible impression to the youngsters whereas the Tigers use of the word f**k is attributable to their immaturity and says to me that they are in urgent need of elocution lessons.

As long as the players have proper demeanour when talking to the officials then I'm not too worried. Although I couldn't hear what Thurston was saying to the touch judge on replay, his petulant antics were the only disappointing aspect of a great night+effort by the Cowboys.

Once Dead

Bench
miketyson said:
Guys I think you will find the whole thing was planned by the young tigers , Every one of the young guys went out of there way to say f**k 2 or 3 times..

I wouldn't mind betting fulton was behind the whole thing.

Personally I thought it was great!

I doubt that very much and all you've based that on is rubbish, once again based on a certain player's reputation as a funny man.

BTW-to everybody else, think about situations where you've been celebrating something amazing in your life, when you're in the heat of the moment.....you CANNOT say that you don't say some words that you would normally not say...just because a camera is shoved in your face in that moment does not automatically change your mindset, mental state and automatically turn on the "Don't swear!" switch in your head.

If anything, it is a C9 prob and not the fault of the players.....especially since that word is part of the lexicon / vocabulary of most of the players (and most of the people who have posted in this thread)

DonMak

Juniors
Who gives a sh*t. I cant stand those people with nothing better to do then ring and write letters to tv stations every time they hear something slightly offensive. GO RHINO, GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWW

wittyfan

Referee
El Diablo said:
Srx in the City started at 9:30pm and the c word was only allowed in because it was relevant to the story line.

Plus Channel 9 would have have suitable warnings and ratings for that.

The Grand Final would have been rated G.

I think Channel 9 is more to blame than anyone else for allowing the vulgar language go to air. :lol:

Balmain_Boy

I can understand why Parents would be upset, but really, it's channel 9's fault. Not the players. Channel 9 should

1) Have put it on a 7 second delay
2) Given the players a little bit of time to settle down before they did the interviews.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
sullyfan said:
Plus Channel 9 would have have suitable warnings and ratings for that.

The Grand Final would have been rated G.

I think Channel 9 is more to blame than anyone else for allowing the vulgar language go to air. :lol:

I thought that things like the news and sports events were generally unrated?