What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Players: "F*cking"

Misty Bee

First Grade
The question has to be asked, in which other sport do victors drop the f word like that? I can understand the emotion gettnig the better of them. However, all it did was stamp Rugby League's boofhead image in the mind of other code followers who would no doubt have tuned in to the game in droves. That, plus the Tele's article on Raudonikis' beer guide to the GF, and the continued promotion of Reg Reagan in such a theatre - all that undoes the work of eloquent speakers and League ambassadors like Shane Webcke, Dean Widders, Brett Hodgeson, Luke Bailey, Steve Price, and even Gordon Tallis.

You'd never hear it in Union, and rarely in AFL.

The Business

Juniors
Physique said:
who saw the tigers players being interviewed after they won they all said "f*cking" on TV.

Channel 9 are going to recieve a few complaints in the morning
Anybody that rings Channel 9 should get a life.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Balmain_Boy said:
Go the Rhino. Swear it up buddy. I saw him tonight at the leagues and I go "meate,d id you realise you swore right on national tv?"

Rhino just goes "f**k, really?". Go the RHINO!

:lol:

NPK

Bench
Who's the Rhino? I thought it was Ryan O'Hara...and also Peter Ryan. Talk about recycling nicknames!

innsaneink

Referee
FFS!!! Who gives a flying f**k.
As someone said, turn on tv afte 9, check out any kids PS2 game, its all over the place.

Average speaking does NOT undo any work of Webke Woolford Hodgso Price or any others, it in fact HIGHLITES it.

If youre worried about thelingo, maybe a season ticket at the Opera House next year would be more appropriate.

aids

Bench
Misty Bee said:
You'd never hear it in Union, and rarely in AFL.

Leo Barry on his game winning mark in the Grand Final "It was f**king awesome!"

i havn't seen hino's intterview yet, but i recon it's the same thing in the same context by the sounds of it.
excpet one was at 9pm the other at 5pm

i don't see a problem with it.

that david koch is a hypocrite anyway, he is ok with rugby players racially vifiing each other.
but an excited young guy who was told he would be lucky to make first in a team that would collect the spoon, to being a fixture in the premiership winning team.

good on him.

f**k em

Moffo

Referee
so what, they all said that they'd be fornicating under consent of the king. no dramas for mine!

Iafeta

Referee
Let the person whose never used the F word come into this thread and bag o ut the Tigers.

It was raw emotion, what do you expect? And as far as Ray Warren apologising it just goes to show how politically correct a world we live in - this is real, this is raw, this is emotive - let them live their moment as themselves.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I understand the raw emotion bit. But what about some professionalism? If others can do it.....

If youre worried about thelingo, maybe a season ticket at the Opera House next year would be more appropriate

How many home grounds do the Tigers want??? ;-)

jed

First Grade
The blame for the overuse of "f**k" doesn't lay with the players, it's with Channel 9. Knowing that the players were going to be unpredictable with what they said, and knowing the euphoria they'd be feeling, it would have been simple to cut to a quick highlights package of tries, or slo-mo replay the players as they jumped for joy, and quickly insert a 7 second delay into the "live" telecast. From that point the whole of this discussion would have been moot.

But just because the word's seemingly become "accepted" in society doesn't mean that you need to insert it into every f**king sentence, so I do agree that the players went overboard.

Knightmare

Coach
It's interesting to note that the word merkin (I would write it in it's full form but the mods would just censor it anyway) was a commonly used word up until the Victorian era, and can be found in 16th and 7th Century medical textbooks. In the same way, maybe one day 'F**k' will be no more offensive than 'Damn' which at one time was considered one of the harshest words in the Engllish lanugage. Even at the end of 'Gone With the Wind', when Clark Gable said "Frankly my dear, I dnon't give a damn!", it was a pretty big thing even then.

Big Bunny

Juniors
thuganomics said:
It's live T.V, the emotion of the players got the better of them.

No biggy

It's no excuse when players every other year have been able to contain themselves. It looked more like the players had some stupid bet going on who could swear the most.

This is rugby league's big showpiece event. It's not just about showing the game in NSW and QLD, it was shown live into VIC, shown around Australia, NZ, PNG, Europe, Asia, USA, Atlantic and the UK. I for one don't want millions of new viewers to switch off because a couple of idiots thought they were being clever or had forgot their manners.

Razor

Coach
Big Bunny said:
It's no excuse when players every other year have been able to contain themselves.

Players swear on TV all the time

Tallis said to the referee "You're a f**king cheat". Heard on national TV. Now that is much worse because it was used in an insulting way. The Tigers did not use it in an insulting way.

Players have in the past as well.

Razor

Coach
El Diablo said:
Srx in the City started at 9:30pm and the c word was only allowed in because it was relevant to the story line.

NBN actually edited the c word out of that episode when they didn't have to.

The C word would have been allowed in even if it wasn't releveant to the story-line

sh*t can be said in PG programs
f**k can be said in M programs (max 6 times per minute - MA programs can have unlimited f**ks)
merkin can be said in MA programs (not sure how many times it can be used in a minute)

NBN edited it out because they felt their audience wouldn't want to hear it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Razor said:
The C word would have been allowed in even if it wasn't releveant to the story-line

sh*t can be said in PG programs
f**k can be said in M programs (max 6 times per minute - MA programs can have unlimited f**ks)
merkin can be said in MA programs (not sure how many times it can be used in a minute)

NBN edited it out because they felt their audience wouldn't want to hear it.

where are you getting that from?

the ABA doesn't say that. it has to be relevant.

Kornstar

Coach
You win a GF and see how many times you drop the f word.......oh that's right all the whingers will never reach those heights of anything in their life so they have no right to judge people on what they will do when it comes to the biggest moment of their lives.

Tell me, how many of the people whinging even expected the Tigers to make the 8 this year let alone the GF?????? I would be dropping the f word in excitement too!!!!

Latest posts