What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers v Dragons Match Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'm I the only one...

... or is any other Saints fan more confident than they where before this game ?

Tigers style of play is frustrating to their opponents as they alway seems to draw players & create overlaps. We were able to defend that attack better than ever before (the game got away from us at the end, but we were desperate to get the ball at that time).

Our attack involved more decoy players than I've seen before in a single match. Moving Cooper to the same side as Gasnier is a great move to create more numbers & we were able to develop our own over-laps.

Of course, our completeion rate & penalties were shocking (thank you Ryles). But if we can simply clean that up I believe we will be Minor Premiers.

Once Dead

Bench
Finally some luck does go the Tigers' way...think of previous seasons with dodgy referee calls and golden point blunders which cost us points

sunny

Skandalis, Farah and Whatuira were the Tigers' best I thought. Marshall finally got exposed in defence, even though they had him defending on the flanks last year too. He's a one dimensional player at this point in his career, until he improves his defence. Lucky pass at the end too to Crockett.

colonel_123

Juniors
Messiah said:
I'm I the only one...

... or is any other Saints fan more confident than they where before this game ?

Tigers style of play is frustrating to their opponents as they alway seems to draw players & create overlaps. We were able to defend that attack better than ever before (the game got away from us at the end, but we were desperate to get the ball at that time).

Our attack involved more decoy players than I've seen before in a single match. Moving Cooper to the same side as Gasnier is a great move to create more numbers & we were able to develop our own over-laps.

Of course, our completeion rate & penalties were shocking (thank you Ryles). But if we can simply clean that up I believe we will be Minor Premiers.

It was a pretty typical round 1 encounter and both sides will be better for the match.

There were alot of passes from both teams that were going to ground, that come late in the season, will be going to hand and putting teams into gaps.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Impellitteri said:
Finally some luck does go the Tigers' way...think of previous seasons with dodgy referee calls and golden point blunders which cost us points

Luck? You won the f**king premiership you f**king whinger!

gregstar

Referee
Big Mick © said:
LMAO I love how everytime something goes against the Dragqueens all the little fairies whinge...and they finally get someone sin-binned for it...great stuff.

yeah....can't stand that whinging!.......what was that regarding forward passes?

Big Mick said:
never pick them up from the Dragons...never.

that wasn't a wee whinge by any chance was it?

gregstar

Referee
dodge said:
Luck? You won the f**king premiership you f**king whinger!
couldn't have put it any better.

obviously it wasn't enough. perhaps he wants the tigers to win a title on the back of referee errors.

gregstar

Referee
Hari Kari said:
You missed the comma after done you puppet molesting freak.:lol:
why hello mr downes syndrome sir.

that post was made "past" your bedtime surely.

best you "pass" that keyboard to your mummy & let her post for you in future.

Timmah

Staff member
Wow, you beat a footy team in the final few minutes.

Introducing the March premiers... :roll:

simostorm

Bench
Stuff those two tries Benji set up at the end were awesome,
Although his out for 6 weeks, that should get his shoulder fully repaired,
maybe a blessing in disguise.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
dodge said:
Wow, you beat a footy team in the final few minutes.

Introducing the March premiers... :roll:

You again. FFS.

There is only one March Premiers. In fact, they are premiers every month of the year, err...except September that is.

They played last night...

Timmah

Staff member
hybrid_tiger said:
You again. FFS.

There is only one March Premiers. In fact, they are premiers every month of the year, err...except September that is.

They played last night...

A few points:

- It's Round One. Stop acting like you've won it again - because you haven't. There are 29 long weeks left.

- Grand Final is actually in October ;-)

Once Dead

Bench
gregstar said:
couldn't have put it any better.

obviously it wasn't enough. perhaps he wants the tigers to win a title on the back of referee errors.

Why don't you two actually consider it in context? Someone said it was a 'lucky' win due to the bounce off the post...btw, didn't Barrett get smashed to lose the ball? The post didn't lose the ball...something like that would not have happened two seasons ago so its time to have some 'extra' luck...you guys are sad for flipping your lids

Latest posts