What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers v Dragons Match Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

anjado

Juniors
Great result from the Tigers
they play such great attacking football at times
and the scrum move was brilliant even though they did it against Parra last year
some of the Dragons players Discipline is awful especially Ryles
i think they need to try and sign a proper hard man in the forwards. A side with so many rep forwards shouldnt get rolled in the forwards by anyone
im not saying they did tonight but they really should be beating the tigers up the middle easily. I think there main problem is the dragons forwards are too soft for the players they have and when they try to act hard they just give away penalties.I think this is the main reason they haven't won the comp

Parra Guru

Coach
Thought Greenshields and Hornby were the Dragons best...

Scoreline flattered the Tigers after the unfortunate crossbar/barrett incident.

innsaneink

Referee
1999 said:
Marshall was sh*t bar that last pass... Ryles was poo as always, Bailey was best on field like usual, hodgson never stopped trying, bryce gibbs is a forward of the future, aaron gorrell is a hooker of the future, mark gasnier is a real talent along with whatuira, what u guys think?

Yeh....he shouldve come off straight away before halftime when he fractured his cheekbone, we were only already down a player (Fulton 2 min) instead of staying on and playing sh*t and setting up the matchwinner.

Another here with "NFI"!

thuganomics

Coach
innsaneink said:
Yeh....he shouldve come off straight away before halftime when he fractured his cheekbone, we were only already down a player (Fulton 2 min) instead of staying on and playing sh*t and setting up the matchwinner.

Another here with "NFI"!

How's that mean he wasn't sh*t before the last pass. I thought he played crap before the last pass, with or without a factured cheekbone.

innsaneink

Referee
I suppose coming back from a shoulder recon, with no other games at all under his belt, plus a fractured cheekbone is irrelevant eh?

thuganomics

Coach
But he played crap regardless. Sure he had a reason for it, but nonetheless he played crap before setting up a match winning try.

Vicious

Bench
thuganomics said:
But he played crap regardless. Sure he had a reason for it, but nonetheless he played crap before setting up a match winning try.

Would you like him in your side???

Y2Eel

First Grade
Vicious said:
Would you like him in your side???

i dont think he is saying benji is a crap player more he played poorly until the last pass to setup the 2nd last tigers try...

Big Pete

Referee
Entertaining match of footy wasn't it?

I thought the Tigers were lucky to get away with it, with the kick off that came off the posts and so on. To their credit however they showed a lot of courage just to stick in their and in the end win it.

Benji Marshall. They finally show how human he is, then cover it up by the fact he had a large hand in the winning try...still he showed great courage to continue the match with his cheekbone injury and he definatly is a future/current icon of Rugby League. Though at the moment he is not quite the best five eigth as some fans label him as.

I thought Prince played well in places and he seemed dangerous towards the end with ball in hand. Ditto for Hodgeson who IMO was the best Tiger on the field and just never seemed to give up, even when all the momentum had gone to the Dragons. Skando also played well in the forwards and I thought O'Hara looked good too.

Dragons best IMO were Hornby, Gorrell and Baily. Baily made 42 tackles and made 13 runs, quite impressive.

Good game of footy and although it was a bit rusty it was entertaining and fans should be happy of their teams efforts. :)

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
thuganomics said:
Would love him in my side. But if I was to rate his performance tonight I would say that he was extremely brave, but performed crap.

Have to agree.
Didnt do a thing (well notably good thing) all night and made a fair few mistakes. With four minutes to go he sets up the final try which ironically happened to be the match winner.

i guess its up to you whether you say thats a good game or not

Vicious

Bench
thuganomics said:
Your welcome, but I still stand by my statement that he was crap.

Admittedly he didn`t have a great game up until the last 5 minutes, but he did throw the last pass to 3 tries, he did play half a game with a fractured cheekbone, every Tigers player and fan knew that we could still win the game whilst he was on the field and every Dragons player and fan knew that they could lose the game whilst he was still on the field. That`ll do me anytime!!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Benji did nothing of note until the last 3 minutes. But that is the sign of a class player. A matchwinner who with one play will turn the entire game.

Dragons choking yet again. Barrett and Ryles - both had great games for us. LOL.

Latest posts