What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers V Dragons- the rematch

Matchball

Bench
As a Tigers fans I'll offer the following:

1. Soward's defence has improved - he's still not the best but he's no longer as weak either;
2. We have more than their fair share of shirt-grabbers in our line-up.

So you saying his shirt grabbing has improved? I agree then.:D

Lui is the only shirt grabber i can think of now but he makes up for it with impeccable wife beating.
Utai's attempt on the line last weekend was disgraceful, tried to grab the shirt and missed.

blacklock

Juniors
Im hoping the dragons can prevail in this game (which i think will have an 8 pt margin).

For the tigers... i think the danger players are tuqiri (sorry re spelling lol too lazy to google it). He is able to pose a danger all over the park. The way moltzen is running in support so often now will add to that danger.

I think the farrah is also playing out of his skin. A much better kicking game and he is running it hard...drawing in defenders and getting the ball to the outside.

So to beat the tigers the dragons will really have to muscle up and not offer the aforementioned players that sort of room to move.

The tigers are like fire...they need open air to catch ablaze. Give them nothing and you snuff them out.

(but i do think sometimes the players rely too heavily on marshall..hes one of the best players in the league, but he cant always be the one to provide the magic)

oh and.... you need a new kicker! lol this coming from a dragons fan! Benji is awesome...but conversions? thats a big nono right there. Especially if games come down to a field goal or 3 missed conversions = a try.

should be a good game.. both teams are cool to watch. :) goodluck to all! hehe

saint06

Juniors
who are you kidding? Soward puts his body on the line. Benji comes up and stops and pretends as if he has made an error in judgement. He doesn't even try to throw his body in the way.

Matchball

Bench
who are you kidding? Soward puts his body on the line. Benji comes up and stops and pretends as if he has made an error in judgement. He doesn't even try to throw his body in the way.

He throws his body on the line alright, up at the wall at Darlinghurst.

Soward is in the team for kicking, nothing more.
If he didn't have that boot, he be playing touch football for Glebe and probably still wearing the headgear.
Cat.

Im hoping the dragons can prevail in this game (which i think will have an 8 pt margin).

For the tigers... i think the danger players are tuqiri (sorry re spelling lol too lazy to google it). He is able to pose a danger all over the park. The way moltzen is running in support so often now will add to that danger.

I think the farrah is also playing out of his skin. A much better kicking game and he is running it hard...drawing in defenders and getting the ball to the outside.

So to beat the tigers the dragons will really have to muscle up and not offer the aforementioned players that sort of room to move.

The tigers are like fire...they need open air to catch ablaze. Give them nothing and you snuff them out.

(but i do think sometimes the players rely too heavily on marshall..hes one of the best players in the league, but he cant always be the one to provide the magic)

oh and.... you need a new kicker! lol this coming from a dragons fan! Benji is awesome...but conversions? thats a big nono right there. Especially if games come down to a field goal or 3 missed conversions = a try.

should be a good game.. both teams are cool to watch. :) goodluck to all! hehe

You spelt Tuqiri right but Farah wrong, not a bad effort, but I agree it is gonna be a cracker.

Cooper is playing superbly and his clash with Ayshford is gonna be something to watch.

blacklock

Juniors
You spelt Tuqiri right but Farah wrong, not a bad effort, but I agree it is gonna be a cracker.

Cooper is playing superbly and his clash with Ayshford is gonna be something to watch.
just my luck with the spelling hehe :)

should be an exciting match. Come to think of it..i think Utai is also amazing with the ball in his hands. The only problem comes in defense with a few of those fumbles and under the high ball (naturally because of his height).

In attack he is a little wrecking ball.

hehe its exciting with all this build up lol reminds me of last year and its still 5 days away :)

It may also turn out to be sudden death for either team given the leaders of the comp have all had disruptions in their squad. Aside from the cowboys who are a heap.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
FFS.. have we got another 4 days of these Dragon wankers telling us how we fluked the last win because they played so bad??

Did they play worse against us then they did against Souffs and the Roosters?

If they were shit against us, how bad were they against them?

In answer to your question.... Terrible.

v the Panthers is the best we've played in the last two months though. Defence coming back to it's old form and attack was on-song. Still a ways to go, but definitely on the improve. Our match against each other really still could have gone either way that day. This is shaping up to be a cracker, I think we'll be firing on all cylinders and you are one of the strongest opponents in the 8.

The Rosco

Bench
LOL at the dragons fans who say the refs are biased towards us.
And the seriously think so.

I had a bit of a troll in their forum ( thought I was entitled to after Blacklock started a topic in ours :D ), and mentioned how cooper ends up with his forearm locked around the neck of the tackled player 9/10 times.
And how Young flops like a lazy dog over 7/10 tackles.
And how jeremy smith, the biggest cat/dog out of all of them, should have been penalised for the knees in Tuquiri's back in the GFQ last year.

But you just can't get through to them. They win 1 comp, and have been strumming themselves over it ever since.
We all know a saints supporter.
And they all have one common trait.
Just like Ennis, Watmough, Soward and Matai. :lol:

It's a hard call to decide which supporters are hated the most. Can't split manly and the dragoons.
I think, for their inanely stupid banners . .the dragons fans win.

Should be a great game on Friday.
I hope it re-lives the 05 final. But I hope even more that the TV cameras spend a bit more time on their fans after they lose.
Ya just can't get enough of a grown man(in red and white) crying.

Guess it depends which side of the divide you sit, mate. I've always found those one or two Saints fans who like to wave their banners and chant swear words at their favourite player to be nothing but cringe worthy. Why wouldn't a bogan want to take a swing at that?

??????

macnaz

Staff member
LOL at the dragons fans who say the refs are biased towards us.
And the seriously think so.

I had a bit of a troll in their forum ( thought I was entitled to after Blacklock started a topic in ours :D ), and mentioned how cooper ends up with his forearm locked around the neck of the tackled player 9/10 times.
And how Young flops like a lazy dog over 7/10 tackles.
And how jeremy smith, the biggest cat/dog out of all of them, should have been penalised for the knees in Tuquiri's back in the GFQ last year.

But you just can't get through to them. They win 1 comp, and have been strumming themselves over it ever since.
We all know a saints supporter.
And they all have one common trait.
Just like Ennis, Watmough, Soward and Matai. :lol:

It's a hard call to decide which supporters are hated the most. Can't split manly and the dragoons.
I think, for their inanely stupid banners . .the dragons fans win.

Should be a great game on Friday.
I hope it re-lives the 05 final. But I hope even more that the TV cameras spend a bit more time on their fans after they lose.
Ya just can't get enough of a grown man(in red and white) crying.
Agreed mate.. Im not for a second bagging their team or their chance of winning BUT saints fans without doubt are overall the most cocky arogant merkins you could ever meet, so to watch em cry is a treat to behold.
Anyone hear that junior dragon on 2sm ?? an apprentice over confident little f**k that can only see red an white. makes me sick listening to his obviously family trained biased shit ... breed em young aye saints,, how about teaching your children some humilty at least :x

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Iam not confident at all, half our side did not train today because of injury and Lawrence is long odds to play. As I said before, we had to make our run early this year and maybe we have ran our race. On the other hand the Dragons started at 100 miles per hour than stopped dead and are now off again. I f we get a second bite might be a different story, but this week I think we will be off the pace

Matchball

Bench
Iam not confident at all, half our side did not train today because of injury and Lawrence is long odds to play. As I said before, we had to make our run early this year and maybe we have ran our race. On the other hand the Dragons started at 100 miles per hour than stopped dead and are now off again. I f we get a second bite might be a different story, but this week I think we will be off the pace

Only thing i'm not confident in is Benji's goal kicking.
I'm confident we can match St George try for try but the conversions could seriously cost us the game.
Soward is strong with the boot so that could be the difference in the close games we tend to have with them.

vookie

Juniors
In answer to your question.... Terrible.

v the Panthers is the best we've played in the last two months though. Defence coming back to it's old form and attack was on-song. Still a ways to go, but definitely on the improve. Our match against each other really still could have gone either way that day. This is shaping up to be a cracker, I think we'll be firing on all cylinders and you are one of the strongest opponents in the 8.

Finally a dragons fan talking some sense. Good to see not all of you are c**k heads. Lol @ the clown with the GST banner

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Finally a dragons fan talking some sense. Good to see not all of you are c**k heads. Lol @ the clown with the GST banner

You get dickheads in every fanbase. The tigers aren't without their fair share, nor are the Dragons. As for the clown with the GST banner, he is one of the most fanatical fans out there, it takes alot of dedication to attend as many games as he does. Every club is lucky to have fans like that, that support their team through thick and thin.

vookie

Juniors
You get dickheads in every fanbase. The tigers aren't without their fair share, nor are the Dragons. As for the clown with the GST banner, he is one of the most fanatical fans out there, it takes alot of dedication to attend as many games as he does. Every club is lucky to have fans like that, that support their team through thick and thin.

Yeah mate true I've seen my fair share of dickheads at cambo and leichardt. Wow I can't believe I'm agreeing with a dragons boy!

thommo4pm

Coach
It's going to be a cracking game, and possibly the biggest game ever in week 1 of the Finals.
Regardless of who wins/loses this week, I'm almost certain this is the Grand Final preview.

SSC Napoli

Juniors
your right, the tigers never choke. they really havent played to many finals games in the last 20 years anyway. If I can re-call, only 05 which u won & 10 which you lost 2 of 3. How many big games did you play in all the other years? I can tell you, NONE. we all know you fear the dragons

Latest posts