What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers V Dragons- the rematch

Matchball

Bench
If Tigers players run into that all day, they are going to Thailand.

Tigers will win by attacking the weak AKA Soward.
You know he hates getting tackled or making one so why bother with the headgear?
Oh, it's to stop the echo from his empty cat head.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
images-1-1-1.jpg

Run at him all day Tigers.
Considering you have three of your own in Marhsall, Lui and Moltzen that's a rather ironic post.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Personally I thought the Dragons played their best footy of the last two months against us when we beat them, so the onus is on us to replicate our intensity and commitment from that game. Definitely been down the last three weeks but as I said in another thread, players have been out, others returning and trying to get back to match fitness, plus more game time to the younger players so we shouldn't find it too hard to get back up to where we need to be.

And say what you want about him, but Sheens is also the master when it comes to big match tactics and motivation.
I'm sorry to shatter your fantasy but we played like shit against you.

And I'll take Bennett over Sheens any day.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I'm sorry to shatter your fantasy but we played like shit against you.
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Personally I thought the Dragons played their best footy of the last two months against us when we beat them
The inference being that whilst being mirred in a horrendous losing streak, the Dragons stepped it up and produced their best form against us. You may not have been at your peak, but you weren't shit either. Tigers just played better.

BuffaloRules

Coach
FFS.. have we got another 4 days of these Dragon wankers telling us how we fluked the last win because they played so bad??

Did they play worse against us then they did against Souffs and the Roosters?

If they were shit against us, how bad were they against them?

Fingerbang

Bench
FFS.. have we got another 4 days of these Dragon wankers telling us how we fluked the last win because they played so bad??

How any team performed 4 or 6 or 8 weeks ago is irrelevant now. It is a whole new comp starting this friday night.

I just hope the better team wins and none of this ref bias bullsh*t.

Just remember the Dragons have never ever been beaten by a better team, ever.

Other sides don't beat them, St. George lose to them.

And then add in the multitude of, ifs, could have, should have and would haves and then you understand the psychology of the Dragons fan.

Believe me I have a family full of them.

BuffaloRules

Coach
How any team performed 4 or 6 or 8 weeks ago is irrelevant now. It is a whole new comp starting this friday night.

I just hope the better team wins and none of this ref bias bullsh*t.

Good point(s)....

Lets face it.. they are a $1.90 each.. could go either way on the night....

I do hope that the loser is not out though as either side can still do some damage...

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade

Not at all, I actually think the Tigers are a dangerous side.

However, there was an inference that you handled us a few weeks back so you will do it again no problems. We controlled most of the game and you stole a win at the death. It wasn't a great game.

I don't think you went that well against us, no. If that's all you've got it will be a blowout in our favor unless the officials protect against it. But I expect you will lift on the back of Marshall and Farah as you did in the playoffs last year.

Both teams will step it up. Personally, I believe Saints are a stronger team and will get the job done. I'm sure you have a different opinion.

I don't think any Saints fan is overlooking the Tigers.

gronkathon

First Grade
Matt Prior is the weak point of the Dragons pack. Work that useless prick over and watch him fall into a heap.

WT chances in all seriousness rest on the shoulders of Lui, Ellis, Lawrence and Galloway. They are the guys who allow Benji and Farah to play at their most effective IMO

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Good point(s)....

Lets face it.. they are a $1.90 each.. could go either way on the night....

I do hope that the loser is not out though as either side can still do some damage...
Also, It is not a pick em game.

We are between a 2-2.5 points better team according to the market.

Wests Tigers 2.20
St.George Dragons 1.72

saint06

Juniors
Tigers supporters are all the same - they are the best thing since slice bread.

You guys go on and keep telling yourselves that by running at Soward all day you'll have success. Somehow i don't think that is right.

Should be a cracking game though.

Its only Monday and i already want it to be Friday.

Just hope a ref's decision doesn't cost any team - like we would argue Mander's 05 decsion to call back Barrett probably cost us the game. You would argue that Smith's knees cost you guys last year (and thats fair enough), but Marshall had 5 minutes to decide where he was going to place kick on the last (the very next tackle) and he planted it 6m over the sideline. Thats what cost you.

Hopefully we both survive to week 2.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, i'd like to meet those Tigers fans.

The one's I know are never happy (like me) lol

N.C.

Juniors

You guys go on and keep telling yourselves that by running at Soward all day you'll have success. Somehow i don't think that is right.

Just hope a ref's decision doesn't cost any team - like we would argue Mander's 05 decsion to call back Barrett probably cost us the game. You would argue that Smith's knees cost you guys last year (and thats fair enough), but Marshall had 5 minutes to decide where he was going to place kick on the last (the very next tackle) and he planted it 6m over the sideline. Thats what cost you.

I like how you did that...

Now how about you shine your light on that night in late September 2005. I think we're all entitled to a closer look...

Matchball

Bench

Soward can't tackle, plain and simple so it makes perfect sense to run at the weakest link for a line break.
Have a look at his tackling style, he is a shirt grabber. (shirt lifter in his spare time)
Case in point.
GYI0061416280_crop_450x500.jpg

Jamie-Soward-and-Willie-Ton.jpg

Look at the form.
Run at that little speedhump and just brush him aside as he doesn't have the basic tackling skills.
If we smash him in offense and defense, he will wave the white flag and come off like last time we played.
Dead set cat.

macnaz

Staff member
Soward can't tackle, plain and simple so it makes perfect sense to run at the weakest link for a line break.
Have a look at his tackling style, he is a shirt grabber. (shirt lifter in his spare time)
Case in point.
GYI0061416280_crop_450x500.jpg

Jamie-Soward-and-Willie-Ton.jpg

Look at the form.
Run at that little speedhump and just brush him aside as he doesn't have the basic tackling skills.
If we smash him in offense and defense, he will wave the white flag and come off like last time we played.
Dead set cat.
lol nice work mate

But to be fair the guy can score a try if he isnt watched carefully.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
As a Tigers fans I'll offer the following:

1. Soward's defence has improved - he's still not the best but he's no longer as weak either;
2. We have more than their fair share of shirt-grabbers in our line-up.

Latest posts