What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers vs Dragons

Father Ted

First Grade
Round 23:
Tigers def. Penrith in Penrith
Roosters def. Dragons at WIN

Round 24:
Tigers def. Parra at SFS
Storm def Dragons in Melb

Round 25:
Tigers def. GC in Campbelltown
Dragons def. Warriors at WIN

Round 26:
Tigers def. Sharks in Cronulla
Dragons def. Penrith at WIN

So realistically, you lost to the Roosters who at that stage were going like crap.

And have since won four in a row.

Then lost to the Storm in a close one, still lost though, kept them to a mere 8 points and still couldn't get it done in attack,

Only the minor premiers and they have not been the same team since we played them

do you think you can limit the Tigers to 8 points? Since then you've beaten the Warriors, who the Tigers beat twice and Penrith, who the Tigers have beat twice, both at home. I dunno why you think your form is much to go by. You should know as good as any that when the Sharks turn up to play and have something to play for they are very tough to beat. They beat your mob in similar circumstances, but they couldn't get it done against the Tigers.

And only injuries stopped us beating you last time

I'd go as far as saying that playing the Sharks in Cronulla, in Gallen's 200th match and winning in a tight, tough contest puts us in better stead than walking over nuffy Penrith at home without breaking a sweat. You've won two games in months against teams that the Tigers beat every time this year.

Will you be back here Saturday like a man to admit defeat if we beat you?

MacDougall

First Grade
Will you be back here Saturday like a man to admit defeat if we beat you?

Why wouldn't I? I'm not saying that you can't beat the Tigers. I am just pointing out that your form isn't superior to ours just because you say it is. It should be a great game and I love it when we beat the Dragons more than any other. I'm sure the Dragons fans feel fantastic when they beat the Tigers as well. A lot of pride on the line for the players and supporters alike.

Though I don't think playing the Roosters into form is a good yardstick for your club. When they beat you they had just had Myles, Carney and Nuasaala wiped out. You were playing the worst team in the comp that round and you helped them build their combinations and are responsible for their win streak, not a product of it.

You can't say one one hand that an indicator of good form is that the Roosters then went on to win 4 and then in your next point say a good indicator of form is that the Storm went on to underperform. Which is it?

Also you say only injuries stopped you. That's hypothetical my friend. The only truth is that we did beat you. If Soward didn't get hurt or Gasnier, there's nothing to suggest the Tigers wouldn't have just scored anyway. Can't live life based on hypotheticals. And therein is my original point. The winner is gonna be the team that plays better and form/the past/hypotheticals will play no part. It's the finals now and both sides will turn up to play. The referees will blow miminal penalties as they should. There will be no excuses (fingers crossed).

W.Smith

Juniors
what a great game this is gonna be, i cant wait !!!

STGI have hit form and the Tigers have looked to be holding a little back their past 2 games as youd xpect but still done enough to win easy enough

this could be game of the year until they re - meet in the GF

SSC Napoli

Juniors
matchball is a f**kwit. your whole team is a turnstile. soward pumped the tigers in last years semi so go and stick your head in the ground like you did that night you dumbass. I tell you who the coward is, benji, for trying to knock out a dude from india in a street fight & failed. my mum can knock out an indian with her eyes closed.

Matchball

Bench
matchball is a f**kwit. your whole team is a turnstile. soward pumped the tigers in last years semi so go and stick your head in the ground like you did that night you dumbass. I tell you who the coward is, benji, for trying to knock out a dude from india in a street fight & failed. my mum can knock out an indian with her eyes closed.

You live in the past.
You guys can't win mentally, you lost 6 or 7 straight because the team realizes that Bennett has given up on them this year and he is uninterested.
He taking Darius and leaving you bums for the big money.

Dragons will lose by 10.
Soward limping off in the 63rd minute.

Divine

Bench
Our defence will frustrate Benji and he'll start leaking errors around the 63min* mark much like the 2010 PFinal.

*approx.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Some posts deleted, including those that quoted the racist remarks.

Matchball, you've been sent a PM with a link to the rules. Read them and consider it a fair warning.

This Year?

Immortal
Good to see the rivalry is still alive. Got plenty of Tigers mates so this is gonna be fun. I hope Lote's ribs are OK :p.

Matchball

Bench
Some posts deleted, including those that quoted the racist remarks.

Matchball, you've been sent a PM with a link to the rules. Read them and consider it a fair warning.

Yeah ok, out of line.
Apology to those it offended.

Das Hassler

Bench
Tigers had a not too good game against the Sharks..but..maybe worth keeping in mind they also looked terrible in the last two games of '05 (beaten by Melbourne and penrith)...what a difference the next week made...destroyed the Cowboys 54-4 (i'm pretty sure it was) then smashed Brisbane..can't remember who next then the big one...Friday should be a walk in the park for you guys...enjoy

Latest posts