What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannah

hindy111

Post Whore
Has Mannah got more or less chance of playing finals footy if he moves to Tigers v staying with Eels?

I doubt either side will.
Parra has more chance of coming good and this is a huge game against Brisbane who are fighting for a top 8 spot as well.

Delboy

First Grade
So we have managed to do it again, most fans want to club to act in a more ruthless fashion and promote youth.

They start that process, and it gets criticised. Ahh, the life of an Eels fan

Great clubman, coming to the end of his career, don't get too misty eyed it's a reality of a well run club, which apparently we are trying to become. Not saying everything they are doing will suddenly turn us into a top 4 side, but at least there seems to be a plan to move that way.

hindy111

Post Whore
So we have managed to do it again, most fans want to club to act in a more ruthless fashion and promote youth.

Great clubman, coming to the end of his career, don't get too misty eyed it's a reality of a well run club, which apparently we are trying to become. Not saying everything they are doing will suddenly turn us into a top 4 side, but at least there seems to be a plan to move that way.

I am unsure what benefits this has for club. Not signing Tim for next season was going to happen and is the right call.
Not having Tim finish the season makes our squad weaker. Unless we have a replacement.....

I don't see a lot of criticism of the club, and this isn't a carbon copy of the Gutherson signing. This is a great clubman as you say, and they don't come along all that often. It would have been nice to have a better end to his career, that's all I think some are saying.

emjaycee

Coach
I am unsure what benefits this has for club. Not signing Tim for next season was going to happen and is the right call.
Not having Tim finish the season makes our squad weaker. Unless we have a replacement.....
Except the morally right thing is to grant a release to a long serving player and superb clubman who has accepted his future is not with us and is trying to best support his family.

So we are showing tough love... in a good kinda way i reckon.

emjaycee

Coach
I don't see a lot of criticism of the club, and this isn't a carbon copy of the Gutherson signing. This is a great clubman as you say, and they don't come along all that often. It would have been nice to have a better end to his career, that's all I think some are saying.
Some on FB are slamming the club mate.