What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannah

Gronk

Staff member
Geeze the Tigs are in a bit of a situation if they need to offload a few to sign Timmy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So did you with Sandow and Luke Kelly and Kearney and The Emery brothers.
I got Kearney and Kelly spot on. Only Sandow surprised me. And I didn't talk him up while he was playing under 20s. I waited until after he had won Dally M Rookie and played over 80 NRL games by the age of 22.

Gronk

Staff member
With 29 players currently signed in the squad, Wests Tigers need to add another player before the June 30 deadline in order to be salary cap compliant — a position opened up by Zane Musgrove’s departure from the club.

The man tipped to fill that spot, Parramatta's Tim Mannah, fits the bill as Maguire looks to replace the front rower’s absence from the squad with another prop.

“At the start of the year, we had a front-rower there [in Zane] but it wasn’t to be so that spot [in the squad] is available for a front-rower,” he explained.

“We’ve still got a lot of footy to be played and we’re looking to progress ourselves in to that finals series like every team so we’ve got to make sure we build the right depth across the team.

“For us, the front-rower is what is available for us to fill.

“At the moment, it’s up to Parramatta [with Tim]. Bringing Tim would be handy because of the availability of the spot in that we’re looking for a front-rower, but I think he’s in the process of dealing with what he needs to from his end.

“I think everyone knows what he will bring — good go-forward, good person, good leader and a lot of those things that you want to build with the cultural aspects of your team.

“But it’s also the experience he can bring for the younger kids coming through. I’ve got a few young ones that aren’t quite ready for first-grade, which means it’s handy to find someone like Tim who can help out the younger boys but also add something to the team.

“The whole reason why we’d want him to come is to work our way up because we want to play finals like everyone else, and that starts for us again this weekend.

“The way I see this team grow and evolve is some of the highest standards where I’ve been, and I know that if they continue that, it’ll transfer on the park,” he added.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news...t-distracted-by-ongoing-contract-speculation/

emjaycee

Coach
Has Mannah got more or less chance of playing finals footy if he moves to Tigers v staying with Eels?

Incorrect

Coach
Has Mannah got more or less chance of playing finals footy if he moves to Tigers v staying with Eels?
More chance..... Based on the fact that BA doesn't seem to want him in first grade so it'll be hard to play finals if he's not selected in the 17....

Gronk

Staff member
Not sure why the Bankwest crowd booed Corey Norman at the first game, but if the cats in the crowd boo Timmy they should be evicted.