What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannahs Wedding

Did I ever tell use all the story of when a mate and I abused Paul Green and Vella?
Green did get a little aggressive but mick showed a lot of class in the situation.I wouldn't say we abused them.

So, did you abuse them or not? Or just confuse em, by sort of abusing them?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well I'm not married, so it's all good..

I think if you're in a job where you're employer pays you $300k plus a year then you should consider them when planning your wedding day.

If not, well go and find yourself a $50k a year job digging some ditches.

And we have another bye in a few weeks

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wonder if he will play better after he gets married and uno..... The guy is as soft as they come. I reckon Gower does a better job.I hope we didn't pay a lot for him cause I just don't rate him that highly.Not in 2014 rugby league. He tries but such a powder puff.Sometimes its like watching a big marshmellow run around. Even in post match interviews he is so placed.

Do u watch the eels? Mannah aren't soft, he gives his all each week. Why is he a power puff? He takes the hard hit each set. Even last night he made 120 metres and over 30 tackles.

I reckon comparing his stats to all the other front rowers he would be one of the better ones. Just because he doesn't have tats or is regularly suspend doesn't mean he aren't tough.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do u watch the eels? Mannah aren't soft, he gives his all each week. Why is he a power puff? He takes the hard hit each set. Even last night he made 120 metres and over 30 tackles.

I reckon comparing his stats to all the other front rowers he would be one of the better ones. Just because he doesn't have tats or is regularly suspend doesn't mean he aren't tough.

IMO he works hard but offers nothing else.Poor leader, tackles like a Sheila and has no mongrel in him.
So what if he makes 30 soft tackles and 120 soft meters. He doesn't bend the line-Doesn't offload-Has no foot work and just makes numbers.A bit like cayless without the aggression and leadership and offload really.
Just an average prop.Not sure why everyone is so wrapped in him.I just don't rate him that high.Sure he is a first grader but the leader of our pack?
Its a matter of opinion.I like aggressive front rowers with mongrel.If not that they must have lots of raw power foot work or ball skills.
In the second row I like one guy who can offload and bend the line or break it (think watmough/cordner/Mau) and the other who is a tackle machine and runs hard(Hoffman/bea Scott)
And the lock should be able to throw a pass and tackle all game.Not so focused on his power game.

Mannah isnt what id look for if I was building a forward pack

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
IMO he works hard but offers nothing else.Poor leader, tackles like a Sheila and has no mongrel in him.
So what if he makes 30 soft tackles and 120 soft meters. He doesn't bend the line-Doesn't offload-Has no foot work and just makes numbers.A bit like cayless without the aggression and leadership and offload really.
Just an average prop.Not sure why everyone is so wrapped in him.I just don't rate him that high.Sure he is a first grader but the leader of our pack?
Its a matter of opinion.I like aggressive front rowers with mongrel.If not that they must have lots of raw power foot work or ball skills.
In the second row I like one guy who can offload and bend the line or break it (think watmough/cordner/Mau) and the other who is a tackle machine and runs hard(Hoffman/bea Scott)
And the lock should be able to throw a pass and tackle all game.Not so focused on his power game.

Mannah while not the perfect prop does his job very well. Watch each run he makes, each time he runs the ball there is several defenders trying to get him on his back but they are rarely successful, thus he is able to get a quick play the ball to set up the next play. Why is 120 metres soft or 33 tackles.

Name an aggressive front rower? What makes a forward aggressive? And I bet there are very few that contribute as much as mannah does.

Watmough plays in the middle

Sensai Cobra

Juniors

I agree, Mannah are not soft.

natheel

Coach
Mannah is the perfect example of lead from the front type player. Gets the job done but he needs some aggression!

Bazal

Post Whore
The decision by the Captain of the Club to get married the day after a game, the week after a Bye, in the middle of the State Of Origin Series, is one of the most ridiculous and mind boggling decisions made by a player of this Club in its almost 70 year history.

I believe it was definitely a contributing factor, along with the resting of The Plane, in our lacklustre performance last night.

Agreed, absolute madness. makes no sense why didn't he have the wedding last week???? The night before your wedding not sure how you could give footy your undivided attention.

Two forwards made 100m+ against Penrith.

118m and 33 tackles from Mannah in 46 mins last night says he had his mind on the job more than most of the side. Let's not the facts get in the way of a good needless outrage, though.

hindy111

Post Whore
JWH-Scott-Mckendry-Woods-Graheme-Mautilino-Burges-Plum- are a few aggressive front rowers.
Shillington -White-Snowden-Fifita-Moa-Kasiano are hard forwards not so aggressive.

Type that id go for thou are these style.I think you get the picture.
Mannah is of first grade standard but shouldn't be leading the pack.Imagine if Aiden Tolman was the guy who lead the Dogs-You would laugh wouldn't you? Id say they are fairly similar players.Tolman slightly better.

yy_cheng

Coach
Mannah has no variety. same run same old each hitup.

the opposition know he is easy pickings

I can't remember the last time Mannah made a break or knocked someone down from a hitup.

I don't recall him leading the defensive line to keep the opposition trapped in their 10m zone.

he is a good 2nd prop or even a prop you have off the bench.

I seriously think Gower is a better prop and would guess a cheaper one

goodplayer

Juniors

maybe you offer him a one two combo :roll:

Mannah has no variety. same run same old each hitup.

the opposition know he is easy pickings

I can't remember the last time Mannah made a break or knocked someone down from a hitup.

I don't recall him leading the defensive line to keep the opposition trapped in their 10m zone.

he is a good 2nd prop or even a prop you have off the bench.

I seriously think Gower is a better prop and would guess a cheaper one

Yeh I think you're largely right (though I don't think Gower is a better prop). Timmy is an effective yard eater (though in some games his total yards seem to be inflated by kick off return yards....or whatever the non hit-up yards are). I wince whenever he takes a hit-up in the opposition 20. All that said, he plays an important role for us, but his nature/style mean that we have to balance the pack with players of other styles.

I heard that he and Manu and Lorenzo are going start going round local schools to interrogate you miscreants regarding their mischief making. It's going to be a good cop, bad-ish cap, really bad cop sort of interrogation.

yy_cheng

Coach
I concur that Mannah is a better prop. but Gower would be more value when u throw in the $ into the mix