What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Mannahs Wedding

TheParraboy

Staff member
brent kite, Neville costigan, jarry saffy, josh perry, norrie, weyman, George rose, joe g

all these blokes have a premiership ring playing at prop over the last few years. Mannah is better than all of them

I think a stable and consistant spine is the key to winning premiership, we get good service there then our young forwards, Mannah and others shine a lot more.

brent kite, Neville costigan, jarry saffy, josh perry, norrie, weyman, George rose, joe g

all these blokes have a premiership ring playing at prop over the last few years. Mannah is better than all of them

I'd take Costigan (at his peak) for Mannah, as would most NRL clubs I suspect. He's a dick though.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I concur that Mannah is a better prop. but Gower would be more value when u throw in the $ into the mix

absolutely ridiculous comment.

i think some people really under-estimate how hard it is to churn out 100m+ per game week in week out. someone like david gower would be lucky to do that in a month given as many runs as he could to achieve that. he'd be either injured by that point or ready for retirement.

every side needs someone who is going to lay the platform, tim does that. he's not the only prop in the pack. junior paulo's standing up, and look how much better the forwards look because of it.

hindy111

Post Whore
What I mean by leading our pack is exactly that-He does the most hit ups.Which means easy picking for opposition more times.
My friends call him potting mix.Cause he is as hard as a bag of it.
Id rather a guy like Graheme from the dogs leading the pack and ding the hard hards.

Joely01

Bench
Jeez some harsh critics on here regarding Mannah.

He isn't a thug, but he gets his consistent metres and is also very good at getting quick play the balls

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Jeez some harsh critics on here regarding Mannah.

He isn't a thug, but he gets his consistent metres and is also very good at getting quick play the balls

I agree. And he's tough. I don't think you could play NRL without a certain level of toughness.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree. And he's tough. I don't think you could play NRL without a certain level of toughness.

He is tough. He's a solid first grader who turns up and puts in the same effort every week. Coaches love merkins like that but idiot fans just want flashy players that make highlight reels.

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
10354933_10203901507000284_1421448348247900929_n.jpg

Good to see Benny Smith' s been taught some proper values , Manu was probably told that you wear " court clothes " to a wedding , and poor old Tongs is that f**king poor he had to borrow Sandows slacks .

If he turned up to my wedding looking like that I'd move his place card to the table at the back of the room with the afterthoughts and outcasts . f**k him he can sit with the pissed old bag from the wife's work and my third cousin.

tresurehunt

Juniors
Mannah has no variety. same run same old each hitup.

the opposition know he is easy pickings

I can't remember the last time Mannah made a break or knocked someone down from a hitup.

I don't recall him leading the defensive line to keep the opposition trapped in their 10m zone.

he is a good 2nd prop or even a prop you have off the bench.

I seriously think Gower is a better prop and would guess a cheaper one

i think the reason why he doesnt make brakes or bump players off is because he falls into the defense instead of trying to go through it.

Joely01

Bench
Good to see Benny Smith' s been taught some proper values , Manu was probably told that you wear " court clothes " to a wedding , and poor old Tongs is that f**king poor he had to borrow Sandows slacks .

If he turned up to my wedding looking like that I'd move his place card to the table at the back of the room with the afterthoughts and outcasts . f**k him he can sit with the pissed old bag from the wife's work and my third cousin.

Where's Manu?

forward pass

Coach
I think the real issues here are (1) Tongas choice of clothing and (2) Will Hopoates choice of tie. I think they are a much more reasonable debating choice than the one happening in this thread which is a load of rubbish.

jono

Juniors
On a sidenote, best wedding scheduling SNAFU ever , Ed Sulkowicz the day BEFORE the 77 GF replay!!!!!! any wonder we lost 22-0
Of course I realise the replay would have been most unforseen , but you would think that if Parra had have won the first game , he may not have surfaced in time for the wedding anyway

Chipmunk

Coach
Two forwards made 100m+ against Penrith.

118m and 33 tackles from Mannah in 46 mins last night says he had his mind on the job more than most of the side. Let's not the facts get in the way of a good needless outrage, though.

My comments weren't directed specifically at Tim Mannah and his performance. Look at the photo, half the team was there. It appeared from the way we played that the players minds weren't on the football last Friday night. If this is the case then there has to be a reason