What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

ShaiGuY

First Grade
i would have thought they would have got their legal team to look at it - not the financial auditor?

He is a salary cap auditor rather than financial auditor and would look at not just the numbers buy the normal terms of contracts and the protocols for having them signed etc. i.e he would know whether it would be standard for clubs including the Tigers to use and rely on verbal agreements. Additionally, he is someone at the NRL who has been able to handle PR. Usually businsses do not get their inhouse legal guys to do all the managing and talking - it's moreso management. notwithstanding this, I am sure the NRL legal team are involved.

saints4ever

First Grade
I think it would have to go a bit further for the nrl legal eagles to get involved. All it has been to this point is a bullshit "who's dick is bigger" between the CEOs. This sham has been handbags at twenty paces and It's beyond a joke.

silverex

Bench
Don't want him anywhere near red Red V now. Decent squad player, but after all this crap, doesn't deserve to pull on our jersey. On principle alone, sue whoever you can over this issue. Save our money for a bigger signing in 2013. And then hammer Timmy every chance we get in 2012.

Agree with this 100%.

And whoever said we should sign Carney should try and remember to take their medication.

andrew9148

Juniors
So you agree that if Saints broke the contract, Timmy would have grounds for compensation. Good, that's all you have to admit to.[/QUOTE]

If there is a legally binding contract with Saints yes. But I suspect that there would be a term in the contract that says something like that the contract can only be relied upon by the parties once it is registered with the NRL. And that hasnt happened.

redvwhite

Juniors
Why doesnt Gasnier honour the contract he signed for 2012 and beyond?

That has nothing to do with it. Gasnier respectfully gave the club a long time to find a replacement for him seeing how he couldn't complete his contract. It was in the interests of the club whereas Tim Moltzen did the complete opposite and must now face the consequences for his mistake and moronic behaviour.

andrew9148

Juniors
That has nothing to do with it. Gasnier respectfully gave the club a long time to find a replacement for him seeing how he couldn't complete his contract. It was in the interests of the club whereas Tim Moltzen did the complete opposite and must now face the consequences for his mistake and moronic behaviour.

Why dont St George sue Gasnier for denying them the opportunity to keep J Smith and N Costigan??

Gasnier said he would play for 2012 and 2013. Due to having allocate cap space to pay his massive salary, Saints couldnt make good offers to Smith and Costigan. How did Saints go without them this year?

Gasnier has done much more damage to Saints than Moltzen has. Gasnier definitely has a legally binding contract.

redvwhite

Juniors
lol Gasnier realised halfway through he couldn't give his best to the club. He could have played on and got his pay but, unlike Moltzen, he has decency not to do so. Tim, a player nowhere in the class of Gasnier on or off the field just has dollar signs in his eyes. We picked him up cheap and he has leapt at the chance to get himself more cash because of a loophole.

How about Moltzen play for both teams next season. He was dumb enough to sign both contracts.

_Johnsy

Referee
Why dont St George sue Gasnier for denying them the opportunity to keep J Smith and N Costigan?? .

FMD you are thick. The club made the decisions, and gasnier chose to retire, not go to another club.

Did this really need to be explained, moron.

vookie

Juniors
I don't agree with the way the tigers have handled all this it is unethical. But just because a player is told to test the market it doesn't mean that is a verbal agreement that he is released from his contract. Adam Blair was the worst kept secret when he was signing for the tigers, however the tigers made sure they had all their t's crossed before they announced it, that's why it took so long to announce. Like I said I don't agree the tigers have handles this the right way but IMO he is contracted to the tigers for next year. Personally I couldn't give a stuff if he is at the tigers next year, IMO he is pretty average.

Fingerbang

Bench
I don't agree with the way the tigers have handled all this it is unethical. But just because a player is told to test the market it doesn't mean that is a verbal agreement that he is released from his contract. Adam Blair was the worst kept secret when he was signing for the tigers, however the tigers made sure they had all their t's crossed before they announced it, that's why it took so long to announce. Like I said I don't agree the tigers have handles this the right way but IMO he is contracted to the tigers for next year. Personally I couldn't give a stuff if he is at the tigers next year, IMO he is pretty average.
Not too sure about the Blair situation, but if he was off contract, no formal release is required....either verbally or written.

Tigers don't have a leg to stand on, and if they do plead innocent, it just puts the heat onto Moltzen and his manager.

Oh,and clubs do not tell a contracted player to 'test the market' if they intend to keep them. What rubbish. You been reading andrew9427's posts? A player may do it to see if his value is any better elsewhere. But for him to sit down and agree to a deal, he had to have assurance from Tigers that they would release him from the last year of his contract.

Last edited:

andrew9148

Juniors
FMD you are thick. The club made the decisions, and gasnier chose to retire, not go to another club.

Did this really need to be explained, moron.

Gasnier chose not to fulfil his contract. One which was legally binding. St George chose not to hold him to it.

Gasnier cost the Dragons a lot. Like I said above.

I am sorry, but I cant make that any simpler for you to understand.

Fingerbang

Bench
Gasnier chose not to fulfil his contract. One which was legally binding. St George chose not to hold him to it.

He he went to another club, yes....they would have to release him. Not if the guy chooses to retire.....fmd

andrew9148

Juniors
Given how Gasnier failed to fulfil both his contracts, maybe thats why Tim thought St George was a good place to go? Maybe he would fit in there better?

ShaiGuY

First Grade
Given how Gasnier failed to fulfil both his contracts, maybe thats why Tim thought St George was a good place to go? Maybe he would fit in there better?

Comparing Gasnier's situation to Moltzen - f**k you have no idea whatsoever. As others have said fmd - you really are dumb.

andrew9148

Juniors
Comparing Gasnier's situation to Moltzen - f**k you have no idea whatsoever. As others have said fmd - you really are dumb.

St George have said that they have a contract with Moltz for 2012

St George have said that they have a contract with Gasnier for 2012

Neither want to play for them.

getsmarty

Immortal

The Difference is that Gasnier gave them time to recruit other players. Moltzen agreed months ago...since that time we could have approached other players to fill Moltzens spot. We have now lost the opportunity to sign a replacement as most teams have finalized their roster for next year. That is the issue...

Latest posts