What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Moltzen ... (war is over)

Minh

First Grade
Would be kinda ironic if we sign Inu instead of Moltzen...

It's rumoured in zerotackle

I think Inu has a little bit to offer us very good under the high ball especially in attack, strong and skillful. He lacks genuine pace for a centre though but is still a good player.

gypsy

Bench
I think Inu has a little bit to offer us very good under the high ball especially in attack, strong and skillful. He lacks genuine pace for a centre though but is still a good player.

Far too inconsistent for mine. Doesn't appear interested half the time, turns in a few good performances a season.

Minh

First Grade
Far too inconsistent for mine. Doesn't appear interested half the time, turns in a few good performances a season.

Yeh has very negative body language most of the time only made the Warriors top 17 through injury.

nontime111

Juniors
The bottom line is, that its part of the modern game to be signed and to move clubs, Tim just has to wear it and get over it... look at just HOW many Saints amazing players have had to go elsehwere when their heart was at Dragons hey??
Tim.... you signed man, cant go back now... all law is contract and all contract is law.

and NO..... dont want another lesser player, Moltzen IS a damn meteorlogical PHENOMANOM!!! anyone else like Brown, or Ayshford, whatever...their just so so players...... we didnt sign anyone else we signed a player to cover for Boyd with lots of time to spare...... we are in honour, simple as that, hes got to come like all the other players who sign contracts....

possm

Coach
What the Dragons are missing is a fast halfback. After this week most options will be closed:
Carney to Sharks.
Lui to Cowboys.
Orford too slow.
Moltzen?

Saints have:
Hornby - now too slow
Fein - also too slow
K Stanley
Soward - needs to step up
King - not ready right now

If we miss out on Moltzen and Carney then maybe we should start the season with Hornby/Goodwin at fullback and K Stanley/King at hafback.

Last edited:

big pat

Coach
don't be so sure about cameron king, bennett saw enough in him to select him for the wcc, could be the big improver next season.

grouch

First Grade
A fast halfback huh? How about Brett Morris. Speed between the ears is more important. Daly Cherry-Evans is far from quick, for example.

gypsy

Bench
A fast halfback huh? How about Brett Morris. Speed between the ears is more important. Daly Cherry-Evans is far from quick, for example.

Spot on. Look at Andrew Johns, would have struggled to beat Weyman in a match race.

Going back a bit further, Allan Langer. Phil Gould said the following about Alfie:

"He was a mystery wrapped in a riddle. He couldn't pass, couldn't kick, wasn't fast and couldn't tackle. Yet he was without doubt the most dangerous and difficult opponent I ever encountered in all my years coaching rugby league."
(source: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-like-an-origin-colossus-20110528-1f9id.html)

Speed between the ears is what we need, to create for the fast blokes.

Last edited:
NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert is expected later this week to hand down a recommendation on where he believes Moltzen should play next season.

Schubert has asked both clubs for additional information about their individual deals with Moltzen.
Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys said he would abide by Schubert's decision

Interesting one. If Schubert rules in favour of the Tigers, then I guess it means that we (and every other club) have every right to look at re-calling any players who were "released", if their release was not a written one.

e.g. Jeremy Smith and Neville Costigan - sorry, we've changed our mind. Gaz has gone early. You have to come back and play with us....

Father Ted

First Grade
Interesting one. If Schubert rules in favour of the Tigers, then I guess it means that we (and every other club) have every right to look at re-calling any players who were "released", if their release was not a written one.

e.g. Jeremy Smith and Neville Costigan - sorry, we've changed our mind. Gaz has gone early. You have to come back and play with us....

Your right .... Imagine the can of worms it would open ... 16 clubs all demanding players back .... I love it :crazy:

Hutty1986

Immortal
What the Dragons are missing is a fast halfback. After this week most options will be closed:
Carney to Sharks.
Lui to Cowboys.
Orford too slow.
Moltzen?

Saints have:
Hornby - now too slow
Fein - also too slow
K Stanley
Soward - needs to step up
King - not ready right now

If we miss out on Moltzen and Carney then maybe we should start the season with Hornby/Goodwin at fullback and K Stanley/King at hafback.

So you reckon the Hornbag is too slow to play 7 but fast enough to play 1?

Father Ted

First Grade
The off-season NRL player merry-go-round is in swing with North Queensland Cowboys distancing themselves from throwing Wests Tigers half Robert Lui a rugby league lifeline.

Denials over interest in Lui came as Cronulla moved closer to announcing the signing of troubled star Todd Carney.
The Cowboys were thought to be interested in signing Lui, who is tipped to be released by the Tigers after his court appearance on October 27 over the alleged assault of his girlfriend.

But when contacted by AAP on Wednesday, a Cowboys spokesman said as far North Queensland were concerned, Lui was still under contract and that he wasn't on their recruiting radar.
The spokesman said the Cowboys were happy with their stocks in the halves with the likes Johnathan Thurston, Ray Thompson and Ben Jones.
The Tigers are reportedly keen to keep Tim Moltzen and play him at halfback despite the talented playmaker signing with St George Illawarra.

It is just me or is this the piss being taken out of the Tigers?

Last edited:

Father Ted

First Grade
Darius Boyd leaps to mind Andrew if it is as widespread as my club says it is it could be a real entertaining off season

Last edited:

andrew9148

Juniors
If they don't have contracts for 2012 what are they getting released from ? Their contracts would have ended by now

rnb11

Juniors
Boyd had a clause in his contract to follow Wayne anyway so Dragons couldn't keep him even if they tried, unless of course Boyd himself changed his mind before Dragons signed off on it.

Father Ted

First Grade
Boyd had a clause in his contract to follow Wayne anyway so Dragons couldn't keep him even if they tried, unless of course Boyd himself changed his mind before Dragons signed off on it.

I don't know what was in Boyds contract I don't think you do either . I'm going on what Doust said.