What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Sheens relieved of coaching duties

I wonder if this contract has any KPIs?

IIRC he had a hissy fit when they tried to put them in a contract a decade or so ago.

that was it. Got the CEO sacked. A bloke who posted on here claims to know the CEO who allegedly told him he stood by sticking the KPIs in the contracts but regrets how he went about enacting it. That said if he gets our current CEO sacked it will be a bigger success than 2005

Pros:
Can get a CEO sacked
Can has got the Tigers into the 8 before
Will get the respect of the fans
Can play attacking football
Had a disdain for Balmain/Wests dick measuring contests

Cons:
Is in his 70s
In his 50s thought John Morris was Cooper Cronk
Signed Daniel Fitzhenry twice
Signed Anasta in 2012
Player with 9 different halves combinations after his fullback did an ACL in round 1

it won’t be boring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vee

nick87

Coach
Can we do a quick straw poll here

does anyone.... ANYONE... does a single soul on this forum think this will be anything above a complete and utter, unmittigated disaster?
Im really curious to see if anyone thinks this will work out

(Tigers fans excluded, because fan bias can pretty much convince fans to believe in anything)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hahah thats a real problem... even the hardcore fans are like "wait, no, this cant be real"

well the fans who sign up to places like LU are going to be hardcore and dare I say it more educated when it comes to footy. Issue will be be the more casual tigers fans who don’t think footy 24/7 (which probably make up 70-80% of fan bases) will think it’s the greatest thing ever

nick87

Coach
well the fans who sign up to places like LU are going to be hardcore and dare I say it more educated when it comes to footy. Issue will be be the more casual tigers fans who don’t think footy 24/7 (which probably make up 70-80% of fan bases) will think it’s the greatest thing ever

haha yeah i feel that
the Raiders have the same issue... we've got a hardcore % of the fan base who knows Ricky sucks... and large part of casuals who see what he does in the community, see the name value, see him bitching about officiating, and deflecting and say "yeah! Ricky's awesome. He stands up for us. We love him. Remember 1994!?"

Tut101 on how Bad clubs stay being Bad

dogslife

Coach
f**k me what's next? The Bulldogs bringing back Kevin Moore? John Cartwright back to the Titans when Holbrook gets the arse?

Unreal.
I believe it's going to be Gus for 2 years and then a tandem of Willie Mason and Sonny Bill Williams to take over after that

Smug Panther

First Grade
haha yeah i feel that
the Raiders have the same issue... we've got a hardcore % of the fan base who knows Ricky sucks... and large part of casuals who see what he does in the community, see the name value, see him bitching about officiating, and deflecting and say "yeah! Ricky's awesome. He stands up for us. We love him. Remember 1994!?"

Tut101 on how Bad clubs stay being Bad
The way Ricky leaks to his mates in media for protection must be frustrating. Greatest coach in the world according to Paul merkin