What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Sheens relieved of coaching duties

skeepe

Immortal
f**k me what's next? The Bulldogs bringing back Kevin Moore? John Cartwright back to the Titans when Holbrook gets the arse?

Unreal.

Fangs

Coach
Surely Green, Flannigan or Seibold have experience and would be better long term options than the old fella?

Its quite clear none of them are interested. They've got players trying to renege on current deals as well.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Its quite clear none of them are interested. They've got players trying to renege on current deals as well.
Flanagan approached the Tigers but they werent interested, I dont know about the other two. From what Ive been told Sheens will be announced for 2 years but will likely only be there for 1 as they have another target for 2024.

So bring back a geriatric who's most recent experience is failing in second tier UK footy, which is practically bush leagues, who you already sacked ince because he wasn't up to it a decade or go or whenever it was...

That'll change Ice's mind about backflipping...lol.

I think Papalli will still come, however I couldnt blame him if he didnt. Weird though that for the last 6 months all Parra fans have told us we paid massive overs for him, now they are all frothing over keeping him for the same price

Fangs

Coach
Flanagan approached the Tigers but they werent interested, I dont know about the other two. From what Ive been told Sheens will be announced for 2 years but will likely only be there for 1 as they have another target for 2024.

Flanagan must be totally damaged goods if even the Tigers won't touch him. Crazy stuff.

Bazal

Post Whore

I think Papalli will still come, however I couldnt blame him if he didnt. Weird though that for the last 6 months all Parra fans have told us we paid massive overs for him, now they are all frothing over keeping him for the same price

You forget that most Parra fans are idiots mate.

I understood not paying that price for him last year, after one breakout season. I said in a match day thread I think that if the negotiations were happening this year our price would be a lot higher than it was then because he's backed it up.

I'm ambivalent to the idea of him backflipping. Obvs I'd love to keep him as a fan and we've been burned by backflippers before, but it'd suck for Wests and I hate the idea of welching like that. I can't see appointing Sheens as an attractive option for him though

SBD82

Coach
You forget that most Parra fans are idiots mate.

I understood not paying that price for him last year, after one breakout season. I said in a match day thread I think that if the negotiations were happening this year our price would be a lot higher than it was then because he's backed it up.

I'm ambivalent to the idea of him backflipping. Obvs I'd love to keep him as a fan and we've been burned by backflippers before, but it'd suck for Wests and I hate the idea of welching like that. I can't see appointing Sheens as an attractive option for him though

Look on the bright side.

As a backrower playing under Sheens he knows that his spot in first grade will never be in jeopardy.

yobbo84

Coach
m71T0Fz.gif

some11

Referee
As long as the competitiveness in the front office & boardroom is more than that on the field they will never been successful.

Bazal

Post Whore
Look on the bright side.

As a backrower playing under Sheens he knows that his spot in first grade will never be in jeopardy.

Fair point

If he had any desire to play halfback he should probably jump at the chance to play for Tommy Shines

Exsilium

Coach
I’d go as far to suggest a lot of the issues which plague the tigers is their blind loyalty to club “legends”. Board level down.

If have cleaned the place out and started fresh.