What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tim Sheens relieved of coaching duties

Once Dead

Bench
well, does anyone know how the WT JV is operating?

as far as I'm aware, it wasn't a SGI type buyout of ILL by STG.

The two sides are meant to be contributing to it. Western Suburbs seem be doing it financially. What are Balmain bringing to the table? Surely, the 'Tigers' brand isn't that valuable that Balmain can just rely on that and tow along while Western Suburbs fund, wait, fund, wait, etc.

I'm not saying the JV is going to finish up now, but realistically, how long does it have if it plods along like this for the next few years? The boardroom is factioned and one side is struggling to honour their financial commitments.

Are Balmain trying to do something about it? Of course, however, blame local residents for stuffing that up. 50 / 50 ownership doesn't go away too easily....

This talk about Wests and Balmain is all crap and people who further it are idiots. The dinosaurs who hold out the hope that this will be another Northern Eagles need to think again...

I love how Tim Sheens being paid out leads to this speculation....when it was mainly the Magpies pushing the sacking of Sheens! You get what you wish for...now don't blame it on Balmain...

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So what does this mean for Benji?

It's understood he has a get out clause should Sheens leave, but also pretty clear that he wouldn't be following Sheens to another club given his comments and reported attitude towards him of late.

ek999

First Grade
Some people around here were saying that he had that clause removed when he signed his last deal. Haven't seen an article on it though so maybe a Tigers fan can confirm

Once Dead

Bench
Some people around here were saying that he had that clause removed when he signed his last deal. Haven't seen an article on it though so maybe a Tigers fan can confirm

I'm pretty sure this is the case. After all, can you see him leaving and following Sheens after the latest events?

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
It is no wonder we have salary cap problems at the tigers
Any side trying to fit in a Cooper Cronk (Morris), Laurie Dale (Lawrence), Clyde (Dwyer), Bird (Fulton), Thurston (after moving Beni to 7 to be his Thurston) would have trouble with cap management

We would have won the comp for sure had the great man managed to get that lot in under/or around the cap.

Actually Supercoach Shines has previous for winning comps whilst over the cap.

Craig Coleman would have won comps if he'd have coached as long as Sheens

age.s

First Grade
While Tigers fans will no doubt be cheering, the fact he was sacked because he tried to instigate a cleanout of players he deemed surplus would worry me if I were a Tigers fan. What chance does a new coach have of turning things around if he has to continuously tiptoe around powerbrokers in jerseys.

gronkathon

First Grade
If he wants to keep his sooking going Benji can f**k right off as well.

Secure Farah to a long term deal and let the little prat walk if he keeps it up

gronkathon

First Grade
While Tigers fans will no doubt be cheering, the fact he was sacked because he tried to instigate a cleanout of players he deemed surplus would worry me if I were a Tigers fan. What chance does a new coach have of turning things around if he has to continuously tiptoe around powerbrokers in jerseys.

It is why we need someone from outside the system who knows nothing about the politics TBH

Eddie Lab

Juniors

Sheens has been around 10 years. whatever mess the tigers are in with regards to players being stale/not performing is on his head. he wasn't sacked because he tried to do a clean out, it's because he and the team have under performed since 05.

Once Dead

Bench
Sheens has been around 10 years. whatever mess the tigers are in with regards to players being stale/not performing is on his head. he wasn't sacked because he tried to do a clean out, it's because he and the team have under performed since 05.

I love how 2 appearances in the prelim final in the last 3 years is underperforming....people love to bring up oooooooooooold crap when it suits them.

BuffaloRules

Coach

It wouldnt worry me at all...

If this is the case, then its obviously a culture that Sheens has allowed to flourish, hence another reason why a strong personality would be good for the club to get in there and stamp it out...

BuffaloRules

Coach
I love how 2 appearances in the prelim final in the last 3 years is underperforming....people love to bring up oooooooooooold crap when it suits them.

They underperformed this year though, with a team that Sheens has built up over the last couple of seasons...

You are only good as your last season in this game, unless you are Wayne Bennett, and even he would want the Knights to show massive improvement in 2013

Hooch

Juniors
They wandered in on one leg and were obviously a mentally weak side. Thats become undeniable this year hence the pressure.

All the politics and player power that has crept in there happened under Sheens watch, he groomed Marshall to strengthen his own position at the club which imo is disgraceful from a coach, so if it bites him on the arse well bad luck.

grouch

First Grade
They didn't reach the prelim final in 2011, they choked a week before it

azza18

Juniors
Isn't Sheen's resignation conditional upon him securing a contract with the Warriors. It's not all over yet.

I think its more how much of his remaining contract they have to pay out. In saying that, if he doesn't secure a position, the tigers are going to have to fork all of it out, plus a bit more for a new coach - for which they don't have the cash. I suppose the only other option if that were the case would be to keep him - and after all the stuff this week, that's not going to happen. If i were the tigers, i'd be hoping to god the warriors - or at least someone takes him.

Mr Saab

Referee

Old crap? Sheens has set the Tigers back to 2002!
No "supercoach" moves a player who trained ALL OFF SEASON at a key position (halfback) to fullback after 2-3 games.
He had to go.